The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl
Thanks

She is similar to father. But when I look on her more she has something from her mother too

Old 05-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Courtier

Just gone over this thread, and this is my first post in the RF of Belgium forum (I think)...... Princess Elisabeth is such a regal little girl, every inch a queen.

Does anyone know how her education is proceeding, any special training for her compared to her brothers? I know she is only 5, but what can we expect for her?

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 05-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

she goes to the Dutch-speaking school "Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege"in Brussels. It is a normal public school! Prince Gabriel, and the childern of princess Astrid also went/go to that school! She does not get a special treatment!

In Belgium we start to go to school when we are 3, that is the nursery school and that is until 6. From 6 to 12 you go to the elementary school! And when you are 12 you go to secondary school until 18 years. When you are 18 you can chose between university or college.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
she goes to the Dutch-speaking school "Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege"in Brussels. It is a normal public school! Prince Gabriel, and the childern of princess Astrid also went/go to that school! She does not get a special treatment!

In Belgium we start to go to school when we are 3, that is the nursery school and that is until 6. From 6 to 12 you go to the elementary school! And when you are 12 you go to secondary school until 18 years. When you are 18 you can chose between university or college.
Thanks, stephanievl! It's nice to know about the educational system there and that Elisabeth goes to a normal public school; that way, she can learn (early on) more about ordinary people's lives. After all, she gets to be queen someday who has a life ahead of her 'serving' people.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

What a beautiful piece of work. I hope this elegant little princess can see the Belgium throne when her day arrives.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

****In an effort to clean up and reorganize the forums, the news and pictures of the children of each family have been merged into one thread. This is due to the fact that by virtue of their age, they do not really have any current events of their own. Seperate threads will be opened for major events for each child.****
Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

New Photos of Princess Elisabeth and her parents
They attended the opening of the Children-Do-Center ( Kinder-doe-centrum) of Technopolis in Mechelen.

Photos from PPE Agency
Close ups of Elisabeth
Old 06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Courtier

When are Elisabeth going to her first communion? I am not catholic so I dont know when that is normal to do
Old 06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
When are Elisabeth going to her first communion? I am not catholic so I dont know when that is normal to do
Normally the first communion is around 8/9 years age.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

She's a pretty little girl. I think she looks most like her mother. How old is she, five going on six? She looks very mature for her age.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana
Normally the first communion is around 8/9 years age.
thank you Ana
Old 06-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder when we will see the three children again. Children of Emmanuel age change a lot very fast
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thes pix are wonderful, what a lovely little girl !!! I am delighted !
Old 06-13-2007, 08:25 PM

I couldn't agree more. I never post about this family, but this little girl already looks so suited to her role and mature for her age, I just had to comment.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

ITA that she looks very mature for her age. It's nice to see parents take their children on occasional duties. Not too many, but enough to get them used to it.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you so much for posting the link to the photos. Elisabeth is certainly growing up. The pride in both parents' faces is a joy .
Old 06-14-2007, 02:22 AM
Aristocracy

other link (Belga.be) BelgaPicture
Old 06-14-2007, 05:24 AM
Courtier

Here are more photos from Getty Images:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 06-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Gentry

She is so cute!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Majesty

And some more of Princess Elisabeth:

Prins Filip, Prinses Mathilde en Prinses Elisabeth openen nieuwbouw Tchnopolis. Mechelen 13 juni 2007

Courtesy Poyal Press Europe/Albert Nieboer.

Tags
eleonore, elisabeth, emmanuel, gabriel, prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth