P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore: News and Pictures Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gone over this thread, and this is my first post in the RF of Belgium forum (I think)...... Princess Elisabeth is such a regal little girl, every inch a queen. :flowers:

Does anyone know how her education is proceeding, any special training for her compared to her brothers? I know she is only 5, but what can we expect for her?

she goes to the Dutch-speaking school "Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege"in Brussels. It is a normal public school! Prince Gabriel, and the childern of princess Astrid also went/go to that school! She does not get a special treatment!

In Belgium we start to go to school when we are 3, that is the nursery school and that is until 6. From 6 to 12 you go to the elementary school! And when you are 12 you go to secondary school until 18 years. When you are 18 you can chose between university or college.

stephanievl said:
she goes to the Dutch-speaking school "Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege"in Brussels. It is a normal public school! Prince Gabriel, and the childern of princess Astrid also went/go to that school! She does not get a special treatment!

In Belgium we start to go to school when we are 3, that is the nursery school and that is until 6. From 6 to 12 you go to the elementary school! And when you are 12 you go to secondary school until 18 years. When you are 18 you can chose between university or college.

Thanks, stephanievl! It's nice to know about the educational system there and that Elisabeth goes to a normal public school; that way, she can learn (early on) more about ordinary people's lives. After all, she gets to be queen someday who has a life ahead of her 'serving' people. :)

****In an effort to clean up and reorganize the forums, the news and pictures of the children of each family have been merged into one thread. This is due to the fact that by virtue of their age, they do not really have any current events of their own. Seperate threads will be opened for major events for each child.****

New Photos of Princess Elisabeth and her parents
They attended the opening of the Children-Do-Center ( Kinder-doe-centrum) of Technopolis in Mechelen.

Photos from PPE Agency
Close ups of Elisabeth

When are Elisabeth going to her first communion? I am not catholic so I dont know when that is normal to do

betina said:
When are Elisabeth going to her first communion? I am not catholic so I dont know when that is normal to do

Normally the first communion is around 8/9 years age.

She's a pretty little girl. I think she looks most like her mother. How old is she, five going on six? She looks very mature for her age.

I wonder when we will see the three children again. Children of Emmanuel age change a lot very fast

Thes pix are wonderful, what a lovely little girl !!! I am delighted !

I couldn't agree more. I never post about this family, but this little girl already looks so suited to her role and mature for her age, I just had to comment.

ITA that she looks very mature for her age. It's nice to see parents take their children on occasional duties. Not too many, but enough to get them used to it.

Thank you so much for posting the link to the photos. Elisabeth is certainly growing up. The pride in both parents' faces is a joy .

She´s so cute and it´s great what she attend some duties with her parents.

I bet she had a ball at that museum, we have one here where I love and children just love all of the hands-on stuff they can do. It's pretty cool for adults too!!

She has so much poise for such a young lady.:flowers:

Young Elisabeth is a very pretty little girl. In pic 2 posted by Mandyy(post 82), her profile sure does favor her father. I love seeing royal children attend child-friendly events with their parents. It's a nice break from the norm.

Great shots of Elisabeth, especially that handshake with a museum staff memberr. Yes, Princess Elisabeth is very poised and very regal! :flowers: Hope to see more of her..... among her generation (of future heirs and heiresses), she is the most poised. Even with such poise, you can still see the joy in her expression. Such a sweet combination.

Last edited:
P.Elisabeth looked really cute in those pictures. It was nice to see her having fun when all the camera men were taking pictures, she looked relazed in a way. she has grown into a pretty very young women.

I'm sure she enjoyed that trip so much. Children of her age are described as curious, imaginative and creative. She looks so cute holding that plastic pizza on her way to the oven :D

Normally the first communion is around 8/9 years age.

That's not true. In Belgium children are 6 years old when they have their first communion, so I expect it will be next year. I suspect it'll be a private occasion (like their baptisms), but we'll see some pictures.

That's not true. In Belgium children are 6 years old when they have their first communion, so I expect it will be next year. I suspect it'll be a private occasion (like their baptisms), but we'll see some pictures.
Interesting, in the U.S. the current age is between 7 and 8 years of age. Typically children have had about two years of preparation either from a parochial school (private) or at religous education (for public school students.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom