The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Although I really like the name Josephine, I don't think they'll coose it, because Philippe already has a niece with that name (Delphine Boel's daughter).
But then, Laurent named his daughter Louise, although his niece was already named Luisa Maria.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Courtier

What about Princess Lea
It's biblical, pronounced the same way in French, Dutch and German and it is a quite popular name in the southern part of Belgium, maybe it's too much Star Wars?

I'm sticking with Raphael for a boy.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie-Alix after Mathilde's late sister
Sophie after Mathilde's grandmother
Marie
Alix or Alexandra
Josephine
Charlotte
Fabiola
Anne as one of the middle names
Paola as one of the middle names

Rafael,
Michael
Fulco
Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

When is she due again? If it is around Christmas, I love the suggestion of Noelle and Nathaniel. I also think Nathaniel would go really good with Gabriel and Emmanuel.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
another name I really like is Céleste wich means heavenly.

Maybe when it's a girl it could be: SAR princess Céleste Astrid Laura Marie

I think it goes well with the other names of the children: Elisabeth, Gabriël, Emmanuel and Céleste.

I also love the name Eleonore, but you have already infanta Leonor and Leonore the daugther of prince Constantijn en princess Laurentien so probably they will not give there daugther this name.
I like the name Eleonore too. If Mathilde and Phillippe like it too I think they should forget about Leonor and Leonore and use it.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

No it is not in december. It is for the spring so I guess ther beginning of march!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
No it is not in december. It is for the spring so I guess ther beginning of march!
Thanks, I just couldn't seem to remember.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Few more:
Natalie
Barbara
Agnes
Clementine
Eleonore
Theodora
Isabella, Isobelle

Jozef (after saint patron of Belgium)
Martin
Bavo
Hubert
Old 11-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado View Post
Although I really like the name Josephine, I don't think they'll coose it, because Philippe already has a niece with that name (Delphine Boel's daughter).
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado View Post
But then, Laurent named his daughter Louise, although his niece was already named Luisa Maria.
Josephine and Louise are names that run in the family [of Belgium] so it is possible that these names are used somewhere in the childs name if it is a girl. [I don't think that the child gets only one name]. Luisa Maria is posible named after Queen Paola's mother Luisa I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Sophie after Mathilde's grandmother
Marie
Alix or Alexandra
Josephine
Charlotte
Fabiola
Anne as one of the middle names
Paola as one of the middle names

Rafael,
Michael
Fulco
Oh yes, Fulco, that would be nice, after Queen Paola's father. She will shed a tear or two.
And aunt Fabiola isn't a godmother in the family "van Belgie" yet I think, so Fabiola at least as one of the middle names yes, that could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
What about Princess Lea
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
It's biblical, pronounced the same way in French, Dutch and German and it is a quite popular name in the southern part of Belgium, maybe it's too much Star Wars?
Why not, princess Lea, and Princess Lea [Prince Alexander's wife] could be the godmother.
Or indeed Alexander/Alexandra [with Prince Alexander as godfather]

Or they could completely surprise us with a Princes Giovanna of a Prince Zacharias.
Anyway, I hope for Princess Elisabeth that it will be a little sister though.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Isabella Paola Anne Alix Marie
Those are interesting names, but since the baby Danish princess's name is Isabella (and Mathilde is her godmother) I doubt that would be the new baby's first name.

i like the rest of the names- why did you choose them?

Old 11-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Those are interesting names, but since the baby Danish princess's name is Isabella (and Mathilde is her godmother) I doubt that would be the new baby's first name.

i like the rest of the names- why did you choose them?

Isabella/Isabelle/Isabel is unlikely also because it has the same latin root as the name Elisabeth, so I don't think they'd name the baby in such a manner.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:28 AM
Courtier

Léopold Louis Albert Marie for a boy, or Charlotte Astrid Marie Sophie for a girl :)
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:42 AM
Serene Highness

What about Charlotte-Josephine Marie Paola
Old 11-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Aristocracy

Just popping up in my mind:

Angela-Astrid Paola Giovanella Fabiola Maria for a little sister of Elisabeth.

It is not that I like the name Fabiola so much, but if there will be a child named after Queen Fabiola, in the Belgian Royal Family, I think it will be done by Prince Filip and Princess Mathilde. And though it is said that they like to have many children I think that the chance that they can do it [name a child after Queen Fabiola I mean] is not very big anymore.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Aristocracy

Sophie Alexandra

I also like Lea, Louise and Noelle
Old 11-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Gentry

Girls:
Amélie
Charlotte
Clementine
Joséphine
Marie-Alix
Marie-José
Pauline
Stéphanie

Marie will be in there regardless, for both sexes They might honor the dead aunt or the grandmother, though they haven't with any of the other grandchildren.

Boys:
Christian
Clemens/Clement
Louis
Michaël/Michel/Miguel
Raphaël
Theodor

Trickier, but my guesses just going by the names that have already been used. It looks like they're due for another Charlotte or Joséphine for a girl. Astrid is the aunt, so if they use that name it'll probably be confined to the middle. Raphaël or Michaël seems to fit perfectly with the names of their other sons, particularly if they want another name that ends in "el." They're both archangel names and Catholic saints. I wouldn't rule out Clement for a boy or Clementine for a girl. Both have precedent in Belgium and Clementine is very fashionable right now.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Nobility

How about these "el"-names:

Adele
Helene
Madeleine
Rachel
Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Courtier

The problem is they don't come from the historic root "el" El (god) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel all do. El (god) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are very many boys' names (Raphael, Daniel, Michael, Samuel, etc)
but not very many girls names. Eleonore would work, but there is already Leonor of Spain and Leonore of the Netherlands.

Madeleine for example comes from Maria Magdalena, Mary of Magdalene, and meaningwise has nothing to do with "el".
Old 11-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Nobility

That is true, indeed! Then perhaps a feminin form of a male name would do? Ariela/Arielle, Michaela/Michelle, Raphaela/Raphaelle, Muriel/Murielle. But these are not particularily royal names, I guess? For a boy there is more to choose.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Courtier

Anne, Désirée, Christine, Eleonore, Charlotte, Astrid, Marie-Alix, Josephine

David, Jakob, Samuel, Daniel, Raphael, Nathanael, Michael

Tags
crown princess mathilde, godparents, names, pregnancy