Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Commoner

Maybe Marie Madeleine Henriette Laura

Hello!
I guess they will use
1. a name from the Bibel
2. a name of a former King or Queen (as Elisabeth, Baudoin, Leopold were former Queen und Kings)
3. a name of the godparents
3. Marie as all three children are called Marie.

Girl:
1. Name from the Bibel could be Marie/a, Anna (Anne) or Madeleine, as well as Judith, Rebecca, Lea, Ruth, Rahel.... Somehow i'm guessing Anne or Madeleine.
2. name of former Queen: Paola, Fabiola, Astrid, Elisabeth, Marie Henriette, Louise-Marie. Probably it will not be Louise, as there is already the daughter of Laurent. Elisabeth is the name of the new-born's sister. And i don't think they will take the name of the grandmothers or Fabiola, as they didn't used it before. So it might be Henriette or Astrid.
3. name of the godmother. Maria Laura could be the godmother, as there are not a lot young female relatives left, who haven't been godparents.
4. Marie

in the end i think they are going to have a
Marie Madeleine Henriette Laura
or
Anne-Marie Laura Astrid

Boy:
1. name from bibel an ending with el: Raphael, Daniel, Samuel. I like Raphael best.
2. Name of former king: just one is left, as they already used Leopold und Baudoin: Albert
3. Godfather's name: I think Joachim will be the godfather.
4. Marie

So i guess the baby-boy's name will be Raphael Albert Joachim Marie

Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Joseph Albert Marie Philippe

or

Anne/Anna Marie Charlotte Josephine

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 10-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Someone brought up the "EL" point for a girl...what about MadELeine Astrid Laura Marie? And maybe Princess Madeleine might be one of the godmothers to the newborn?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

I had to smile when I was reading some of the suggestions like Leopold or Gertrude or Joseph or Ghislaine. I don't want to offend anyone but I think it is very unlikely the couple will give their child one of these names. They are very old-fashioned names, at least right now in Belgium. I agree that the couple seems to like traditional and classic names but that doesn't mean they have to give the child an old-fashioned name.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Hmz, as a good reminder of the halfsister of the King, the infamous Marie-Christine . Still, WA and Maxima managed to give their second daughter the same name as an extramarital daughter of WA's grandfather, so who knows... . It is a pretty name anyway.
It is also the name of Queen Paola's elder sister and a rather common name so why not?
It wouldn't be my choise for a name these days, althoug Princess "Tineke"..
It is also the name of our dutch Princes Christina, who is a Catholic now I believe, so she could be godmother too...

By the way, if they choose this name and they get a boy again they could name him Christrian Maria.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Nobility

I am really looking forward to seeing which names they choose as the selection is quite small if we look at Biblical names similar in style to the other children.

I haven't guessed right yet on any of the other royal babies but these names are ones I quite like, some are obviously not Biblical but it is difficult to think up names that are Biblical, royal and still fit in the similar style (not to mention being appropriate in both Belgian languages):

Boy: Michael, Thomas, Felix, Alexander,
Girl: Sarah, Hannah, Charlotte, Victoria, Alexandra, Helena, Eleanor (too close to Leonor but has the "el"),
Old 10-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

I always guess wrong however I do have some names that I like:

Boy- Prince Michael Louis Theodoor Marie

Prince Nathaniel Tristan Alexander Marie

Girl- Princess Charlottte-Alix Christine Marie

Princess Emma Olivia Luisa Marie
Old 10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Maximillian Axel Leopold Ludwig Albert
Old 10-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Aristocracy

Unfortunately I don't know much about royal names in Belgian but I just chose names from Belgiam royal history and put them together

For girl: Clementine Charlotte Augusta Marie
For boy: Alexander Auguste Henry Marie
Old 10-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine View Post
I had to smile when I was reading some of the suggestions like Leopold or Gertrude or Joseph or Ghislaine. I don't want to offend anyone but I think it is very unlikely the couple will give their child one of these names. They are very old-fashioned names, at least right now in Belgium. I agree that the couple seems to like traditional and classic names but that doesn't mean they have to give the child an old-fashioned name.
OK, you are right about that I think. On the other hand I had never thought that our Prince Willem Alexander and Princes Maxima would give their first child the, in my opinion, old fashion name Catharina Amalia. But in a few years time I am more and more used to it and Amelia sounds less old fashion to me.
Wel let us wait and see when the baby is born. Untill then it is a nice game guessing.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

I had chosen Christine as one of the middle names as I thought it was a nice name and also because it is one of Paola's relatives and one of Mathilde's middle names. I had no idea it was one of Prince Albert's half sisters!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Aristocracy

another name I really like is Céleste wich means heavenly.

Maybe when it's a girl it could be: SAR princess Céleste Astrid Laura Marie

I think it goes well with the other names of the children: Elisabeth, Gabriël, Emmanuel and Céleste.

I also love the name Eleonore, but you have already infanta Leonor and Leonore the daugther of prince Constantijn en princess Laurentien so probably they will not give there daugther this name.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Gentry

Girl: Elizabeta-Anna Carolina Alexandra

Boy: Johann Daniel Leopold
Old 11-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Lady View Post
Girl: Elizabeta-Anna Carolina Alexandra

Boy: Johann Daniel Leopold
I don't think they will give a daughter the name Elizabeta-Anna.
Elisabeth and Elizabeta-Ane is a little confusing.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Nobility

Boy: Léopold Philippe Albert Laurent Marie
Girl: Esmeralda Astrid Mathilde Alexandra Marie

Leopold: Leopold III (great-grandfather)
Philippe: Duke of Brabant (father) (It was also the second name of Leopold III)
Albert: Albert II
Laurent: Prince Laurent (uncle)
Marie: Traditon

Esmeralda: Marie-Esmeralda (half-great aunt)
Astrid: Astrid of Sweden (great-grandmother)
Mathilde: Duchess of Brabant (mother)
Alexandra: Alexander (half-great uncle)
Marie: traditonal
Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Courtier

Boy: Nathaniel
Girl: Sarah

:)

Old 11-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Boy: Nathaniel
Girl: Sarah

:)
I love Nathaniel for a boy too
It fits in with the biblical names and sounds good: Gabriel, Emmanuel and Nanthaniel
Old 11-15-2007, 04:11 AM
Courtier

Oh and instead of Sarah for a girl, I'd vote for Noelle.
So it's Nathaniel for a boy, Noelle for a girl.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I love Nathaniel for a boy too
It fits in with the biblical names and sounds good: Gabriel, Emmanuel and Nanthaniel
French for Nathaniel would be Nathanaël.
Whatever name they choose, I guess it will be a biligual one (french/flemish), a name you don't need to translate either in fmemish either in French, like Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Aristocracy

Girl: I guess it will be Astrid
Boy: Alexander

But I think it will be a girl!

Tags
crown princess mathilde, godparents, names, pregnancy