Mathilde's father, Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz, in a critical condition

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG that's such sad news. So sad that he won't be able to get to know his 2 unborn grandchildren. I wish the family a lot of strengt in these difficult times.

This is so sad.
I feel so sorry for the family! :sad:

That is so very sad I like everyone else had hoped he would get better. And with Mathilde due so soon also

Very sad news. My thoughts are with the family in such a tough time.

According to Count Raoul d'Udekem d'Acoz his brother's condition is slightly better than it was. Count Patrick isn't in a deep coma anymore and he left the intensive care.

Source: La Derniere Heure

Article in Dutch here.

Last edited:
I am not sure what improvement it is actually. There are so many contradictory stories about the count's health, so... But I hope that Raoul is right. I believe isn't in touch directly with his brother, he relies on stories told by other family members. Count Henri however does have contact.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows how is the Mathilde´s father condition? Thanks in advance.

Is there any news about Mathilde's father state of health ?

No news at all, the babbling brothers of the count have gone silent too and the press seems to behaving very decently.

On Place Royale we saw Queen Paola talking to Mathilde's sister.
It was said that her father was getting better everyday

On Place Royale we saw Queen Paola talking to Mathilde's sister.
It was said that her father was getting better everyday
That sounds finally positive! Was it Helene who talked to Paola? And where did these two meet?

No news at all, the babbling brothers of the count have gone silent too and the press seems to behaving very decently.
The D`Udekem brothers, or at least Raoul, who was way more talkative than his brother lately, have indeed been cut off information. Yesterday the newspaper Het Belang von Limburg came up with a short interview with Raoul. He says his brother is still alive [sic!] and was complaining he isn´t allowed to visit his brother Patrick (only the immediate family is on Patrick´s bedside). And he certainly mentions, how hurtful it is to have no information on his brother´s state of health. Yeah, Raoul, your fault, no sympathy! Seems this egocentric person still doesn´t realize that his constant blabbering is a rude intrusion into the requested privacy. Why provide him with information, if he has nothing better to do than talk to journalists the very next moment?

Last edited:
No talking to Queen Paola, was Elisabeth, Mathilde's sister, Marquess Pallavicini who is pregnant
Hélène (the other sister) is not married yet

I believe they met in Paris, where Paola opened the exposition of Jan Fabre in the Louvre Museum.

The count is actually complaining to the press? I wonder if he actually wants to see his brother at all, considering that the more he babbles the further they will keep him a way.

Didn't the two brothers esp. have problems with Countess Anne btw? I recall that they sort-of called her a 'golddigger' and a difficult woman?

Another update, slightly positive this time. Mathilde´s father did awake from his coma - according to the newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws. There´s no official statement by a family member, HLN is referring to two sources close to the family. They are just slightly optimist though: Patrick is awake, but this doesn´t mean he is really improving. He is still pretty much absent-minded and is suffering from aphasia. It seems he was hospitalized in Bastonge first, but wasn´t treated sufficiently there, so they lost precious time until they finally referred him to the Erasmus hospital. The reason for the coma seems to be cerebral haemorrhage.
Mathilde was spotted at the hospital Monday evening while visiting her father.

'sources close to the family'... not the babbling brothers this time though?
So there is no hope that the Count will ever recover and be able to function as he did before?

When Mathilde left the Erasmus hospital with her daughter Eléonore, she told the press that her father is doing a bit better (iets beter). He is lightly getting better (lichtjes aan de beterende hand) but she also said that his condition was still critical. Mathilde's father is treated in the same hospital where Mathilde delivered her baby.

Article in Dutch here.

When Mathilde left the Erasmus hospital with her daughter Eléonore, she told the press that her father is doing a bit better (iets beter). He is lightly getting better (lichtjes aan de beterende hand) but she also said that his condition was still critical. Mathilde's father is treated in the same hospital where Mathilde delivered her baby.

Article in Dutch here.

I really hope he will be able to make a full recovery. Does anyone have a new update on his situation?

Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz died today, aged 72. Look here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom