Queen Mathilde's Family - d'Udekem d'Acoz

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read somewhere that Mathilde's mother asked for a priest to be called

I am sorry for Mathilde and her family. I heard that her grandmother and her sister both died in the car accident but I didn't know more details about the accident. It must be hard for Mathilde and her family

I am sorry for Mathilde and her family. I heard that her grandmother and her sister both died in the car accident but I didn't know more details about the accident. It must be hard for Mathilde and her family
Yes, but it was many years ago, but I don't know when exactly. It had to be a very difficul moment indeed, I guess especially for her mother, but now I think they managed to go on.

Yes, but it was many years ago, but I don't know when exactly. It had to be a very difficul moment indeed, I guess especially for her mother, but now I think they managed to go on.

Yes, I know it was many years ago. I've heard about what happened but I didn't know exactly what happend to the accident. As you said Mathilde and her family managed to go on, they seemed to move on with their lives now.

That's very interesting: looking at a genealogy about the descendants of italian nobleman Emanuele Filiberto Argentero, Marquess of Bersezio and Argentera, I come to know that Mathilde, through her paternal family, is:
- fourth cousin of Prince Franz Joseph von Auersperg-Trautson, husband of the former Archduchess Maria Constanza of Austria, daughter of AD Carl Ludwig;
- far cousin of the wives of Archdukes Joseph Arpad and Michael, born Princesses of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg;
- far cousin of her own husband Prince Philippe.

Discendenti d'Emanuele Filiberto Argentero

The link doesn't work for me and I need help: I just know how Philippe and the Lowensteins descend from Argentero (through the Perrone di S.Martino and the Rignon)

Somebody could help me? Because sometime ago I read That Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz was Baron not Count

Mathilde's grandfather was created Baron in 1921, but I'm not sure if the title was extended to all the members of the family or it was only a title ad personam or inherited only by the firstborn son (in this case, by Charles or Raoul, I don't remember which one).
I've always seen Patrick styled as Jonkheer, that can be translated as Sir or Lord.
Btw, in 1999 he and his brothers were elevated to Counts, and this title is transmitted to all their male line descendants.

I think the title of Baron was always transferred to the firstborn. The family were barons since 1816. Even before that they were nobility, only without titles. Princess Mathilde's father was indeed a "jonkheer" or Sir/Lord. His eldest brother received the title of Baron. Mathilde herself was a "Jonkvrouw" which is the same as the English Lady.

As MAfan says, they were titled Counts because of the marriage of Mathilde & Philippe.

Thanks MAfan, It´s logic Mathilde´s father was titled Count because of marriage to Crown Prince.

You're welcome, Martha!

Now I have a question, about a possible relative of Princess Mathilde.
He was the secretary of Prince Filiberto Ludovico of Savoy, Duke of Genova, and one of the executors of the late King Umberto II of Italy; his name was Guibert d'Udekem.
Was he a member of Mathilde's family? And does someone know anything more about him?

I ´hadn´t read about D´Udekem Family before Mathilde´s wedding.

I have been looking information about Guibert D´Udekem, but only found that He was close King Umberto II of Italy, because He was his assistant.

Well that's nice news! :baby:

It was even mentionned but with no details on Place Royale yesterday

My congratulations to Alfonso and Elisabeth!
I don't like the name too, but Marquis Adalberto Pallavicini sounds good.

You're welcome, Martha!

Now I have a question, about a possible relative of Princess Mathilde.
He was the secretary of Prince Filiberto Ludovico of Savoy, Duke of Genova, and one of the executors of the late King Umberto II of Italy; his name was Guibert d'Udekem.
Was he a member of Mathilde's family? And does someone know anything more about him?

His full name is Charles-Guibert d'Udekem de Guertechin, he was an executor for Umberto II and he's Mathilde ''petit-cousin'', which could translate as a second cousin or something like that. He settled in Lausanne in 1963 to work for the Savoys.
I found an article from 1999 but it's only in French. (belgique a l approche du mariage princierun lausannois aux noces de mathilde et - Archives de 24 heures).
Overall it says Guibert d'Udekem was close to the family, visited them each year. It also mentions that Philippe, as well as other members of the Belgian court, attended the funeral of Mathilde's grandmother and sister. Guibert d'Udekem also says that Philippe and Mathilde knew each other 3 years before they got married.

From Jorge on the Benelux board, they got married on the 31st of May....

Delighted for them ! So sad we do not get pix of them more often !

Baron and Baroness Nicolas Janssen, nèe Countess Helene d'Udekem d'Acoz, became parents of their second child and first son, Alistair.
The baby was born on 19 December 2013.
In 2012 the couple had their first child, a daughter named Cordelia.

http://www.carnetmondain.be/

Delighted for the family, a 8th grandchild for Mathilde's mother !

Cordelia, Alistair... It sounds like they speak English at home, although that probably isn't the case.

An uncle of Queen Mathilde is the front candidate for the Flemish Christian party in Flemish Brabant. Count Raoul d'Udekem d'Acoz (79) previously was a member of the Flemish Christian Democrat Party.

Oom koningin Mathilde op lijst VCP - Het Nieuwsblad

courtesy: Stephanie at ATR

Back
Top Bottom