The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2018, 08:44 AM
Nobility

I love how Elizabeth and her father each have their head at the same angle as the other. Like father like daughter!

Old 12-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

A new picture of the Royal Family!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du8uw5MW0AM3V-P.jpg

Old 01-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Here are two short videos and some more photos of their visit:

** see.news: Belgium Royal Family Spends 3 Days in Luxor(photo) **

** see.news: Exclusive: Hawass Accompanies Belgium Royal Family at Iconic Landmarks **

** see.news: Belgium’s Royal Family Overjoyed at Ancient Egyptian Civilization **

Old 01-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great to see the family enjoying their adventures in Egypt! Hopefully this will boost the tourism (particularly amongst Benelux tourists) of Egypt which seems to have dwindled over the past few years. I visited Egypt a few weeks before Tutankahmun's tomb closed, and it was a fantastic experience, especially if you're into history or geology.
It's nice to see Elisabeth back with the family for the Christmas holidays. I'm sure she and her siblings are enjoying spending their time with each other before she goes back to Wales again. All of Philippe and Mathilde's children seem to be very close to one another.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's some tour guide they got!

Hawass is the leading Egyptian Egyptologist!
He is also directly responsible for all major digs, experiments, scannings and what not the scientists may come up with in regards to ancient Egypt.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:46 PM
Royal Highness

Yes I saw that and wow........what a thrill to have him as a guide. This is one very outstanding man who has saved so much of the ancient history of Egypt and kept the artifacts in Egypt. I have quite a few of his books here. To bad he is no longer in control of the monuments for he really did a great job. I call him my favorite Pharaoh of all ancient Egypt, yea I admire him a great deal. I always wished he would of come to the Oriental Institute here in Chicago at the University of Chicago which is world famous for all Egyptologist working in the field where I used to be a volunteer. What a fabulous place to visit...... Check out the Oriental Institute on google and see this fabulous place!
Old 01-17-2019, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Couple granted financial support to 750 Belgians in 2018

https://www.lalibre.be/s/art/5c3f19f29978e2710ebc9a13
Old 01-20-2019, 02:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Mathilde celebrates her 46th Birthday today!

"Merci pour vos vœux d'anniversaire !
Bedankt voor uw verjaardagswensen!
Danke fŁr Ihre GeburtstagswŁnsche!
Thank you for your birthday wishes!"

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...e2&oe=5CC10C91
Old 01-24-2019, 05:34 AM
Administrator

The Palace shared a message on the occasion of the International Day of Education (January 24):

Quote:
Investing in education is investing in people and thus in sustainable development. For a quality education in which no one is excluded and certainly not the girls, we need motivated and well-guided teachers

Accompanying old photos: Photo 1 ** Photo 2 ** Photo 3 **
Old 02-10-2019, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Mathilde at the end of her visit to Mozambique, talking to the press about her trip and about the Princess Elisabeth and her life in Wales:

“It is an adaptation for everyone in our family. But I think it is above all an enrichment for her. She studies with peers from all over the world.”

“She can enjoy a normal life there (in Wales), which I find really important. A private life. Let her enjoy that. She is still young.”

Queen Mathilde wishes for a private life for her daughter – Royal Central
Old 03-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dr Zahi Hawass on his Instagram talking about meeting the Royal Family back December in Egypt and share two more pictures!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BugF_3oHFR_/
Old 03-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great photos - must've been an amazing experience for both Dr. Hawass and Philippe's family!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-29-2019, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems and this year as last year the Royal Family will spend their Easter Holidays in Spain!

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_be...iago-palencia/

https://www.diariopalentino.es/Notic...o-y-Villasirga
Old 03-29-2019, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
It seems and this year as last year the Royal Family will spend their Easter Holidays in Spain!

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_be...iago-palencia/

https://www.diariopalentino.es/Notic...o-y-Villasirga
They've been going to Spain for several years now. Great way to spend your easter holidays; doing part of the Camino de Santiago each year (when living in Spain; we decided to do it at some point as well - still not sure when it will truly happen).
Old 04-15-2019, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Philippe receive Philippe Geubels to celebrating their common birthdays today!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1117723852975542273
Old 04-15-2019, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

I have never seen the King so relaxed and ad rem. Apparently he is a fan of Philippe Geubbels TV program Taboe.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The family is walking a new stretch of the Way of St. James during Holy Week, as they have done in past years. This year they visit Palencia and Burgos.

https://www.hoycastillayleon.com/201...ncia-y-burgos/

Tags
crown princess elisabeth, duchess of brabant, king philippe, prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth, queen mathilde