King Philippe, Q. Mathilde and Family, General News, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Queen Mathilde and her siblings have founded the Groupement Forestier de Losange (GFL).This foundation has a port folio of 3,33 million euros, mainly the castle of Losange and the land around the castle. This foundation has to prevent the property from getting scattered upon the death of one of the siblings: if one sibling dies, the remaining ones will get their share. The queen's share is valued at 675.000,- euros.

It is a common construction for aristocratic Belgian families. Reactions in the press have been surprisingly understanding.

Mathilde stelt familiefortuin veilig in vennootschap - HLN.be

Mathilde brengt gronden onder in vennootschappen - De Standaard

well, if there's nothing illegal in it, I don't find it odd that Mathilde and her sibling want to protect their goods. it's quite wise actually.

It's pretty logical to do so, protect the common properties and make sure the castle stays in the hands of family.

I think the Belgians are still honeymooning with their new monarchs so I doubt we'll see much bad press these days ;)

It seems so, the confidence in the king went up with 10% the last month!

I dont' see anything wrong with what they've done (more I'm sure for Mathilde's siblings rather than the ne King and Queen themselves). But isn't is similar to what Queen Fabiola did and got criticised for? It might not be as I didn't read the details of what she was meant to have done that was so shocking.

I dont' see anything wrong with what they've done (more I'm sure for Mathilde's siblings rather than the ne King and Queen themselves). But isn't is similar to what Queen Fabiola did and got criticised for? It might not be as I didn't read the details of what she was meant to have done that was so shocking.

I guess the difference is that Queen Fabiola did that to protect what she got from the Belgian state (specially money) while Mathilde and her siblings are protecting their own inheritance, what their father left them when he died? (something that doesn't have to do at all with the Belgian state) :ermm:

I'm not very familiar with the terms of either foundation but I think that's the general idea.

Last edited:
^^^^
Actually what Fabiola did was to protect what she inherited from her own Spanish/French family and to benefit her own family as well as her Catholic charities. Her foundation never had assets received from the Belgian state.

I believe that's because Philippe looks much more relaxed and assured right now, you can say that he truly wanted to be King and it shows in his demeanor, his father was actually a good King but you could tell he wasn't exactly thrilled to have that role (nor was he educated since birth for it like his son was), same for Mathilde and Paola, the former is more of a queen material than the latter, not that Paola did a bad job, in fact she was pretty good but both her and Albert are relieved to leave the Kingdom to their son and his wife ;)

^^^^
Actually what Fabiola did was to protect what she inherited from her own Spanish/French family and to benefit her own family as well as her Catholic charities. Her foundation never had assets received from the Belgian state.

Thanks! then I don't really understand what the fuss was all about :ermm:

It is good news. It would be fair to say that King Philippe will successfully perform his duties.

Last edited:
What a beautiful family, I just love how natural they are and how happy Philippe looks now, his life is as good as it can get :wub:

Is there a full view and better look on the girls outfit?

another video from Sunday.
vtm.be

I suppose they took all by surprise as there are only shorts videos and not really good pictures around

I'm happy to see that King Philippe is smiling in almost every picture. He looks handsome and relaxed, which gives him a lot more charisma than before.
Queen Mathilde has grown from a nice girl into a beautiful woman with lots of self-confidence.

I'm happy to see that King Philippe is smiling in almost every picture. He looks handsome and relaxed, which gives him a lot more charisma than before.
Queen Mathilde has grown from a nice girl into a beautiful woman with lots of self-confidence.

Agree on both points. Philippe has come into himself and Mathilde has a lovely serenity and confidence.

:previous:
Is there anything wrong with the way Queen Mathilde exited the car? She has got nice legs.

yes Al bina , she has extra long legs it is therefore She has to wear long jackets, what She did not do for her engagement pictures in 1999. Kind regards MO

German TV just reported that the family was threatend with kidnapping the oldest daughter of the family due to Belgiums policy on immigrants. The couple was on introductory visit in Luxembourg when a Belgian TV station received a letter from an unknown person.

Is this true? If so, that person must me totally insane.

German TV just reported that the family was threatend with kidnapping the oldest daughter of the family due to Belgiums policy on immigrants. The couple was on introductory visit in Luxembourg when a Belgian TV station received a letter from an unknown person.

Is this true? If so, that person must me totally insane.

The same news headlines are broadcast on belgian (flemish) national tv, so i assume it is true..
Unknown person has sent a letter to newspaper 'La derniere heure' in which they threaten to kidnap P.Elisabeth. The princess is guarded more closely at the moment and the belgian anti-terror-service is involved in the case

I had expected this to be big news on these forums and came here to find out more news, but apparently jewelry and gossip of other royals is more important here :flowers:

Hopefully they find the sender of the letter asap, and let's hope the princess and her siblings stay safe...

What a terrible thing to do - to threaten the life of a little girl. Let us hope they'll find him soon.

Palace has confirmed the news, many belgian media are reporting on this
Onbekende wil Elisabeth ontvoeren | VTM NIEUWS

Apparently the person lashes out against foreigners (muslims in particular), says they are taking advantage of the belgian people and is angry that king and government don't take appropriate actions against them.
Person has therefore decided to take action himself in that he will kidnap the princess.

King and Queen are in Luxemburg and have been notified of the letter, security around the princess has been heightened.

You know what, I think this news actually deserves it's own thread on these forums..will create one..

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that the police took the threat seriously and have increased her security. :ohmy:

Any news that new year family photoshoot?
They have been every year... That's so strange. :ermm:

Any news that new year family photoshoot?
They have been every year... That's so strange. :ermm:

Nope, no news and in previous years the photos would already be published somewhere around christmas, so maybe no photoshoot this year?

I'm afraid it might have something to do with the kidnapping threats towards Princess Elisabeth...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom