Belgian Royal Christmas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium, Princess Mathilde of Belgium, Prince Gabriel, Princess Elisabeth, Prince Emmanuel attended the premiere of the musical 'Peter Pan, The Never Ending Story', Sunday 23 December 2012 at event hall Vorst Nationaal - Forest National in Brussels.

Pic

Princess Elisabeth looks lovely in blue, what a cute outfit! Thanks for posting. :flowers:

Lovely pictures, thanks for posting. The children are look wonderful and I always like how much Mathilde and Philippe look so much in love.

Thanks for the photos!
The photos are lovely. It is always a pleasure to see Crown Princely family photo shoots.

Thank you for the pictures!
The last one is my favorite! :flowers: They are so cute!

These are lovely pics.
Eleonore is sooo cute. Look how she's sat in the family group picture. Such a lady...

The military labotr union is upset with the king. On saturday the king, queen and their children went left for Indonesia for a 10-day holiday. They are upset that the staff of the airplaine needs to stay in Indonesia in the christmas period too.
Privéreis Filip en Mathilde maakt legervakbond boos - HLN.be

It is forbidden for a Belgian king to use regular flights, he needs to travel by military plane.

And on another note: 2014 has been the busiest year for a Belgian monarch ever. He had 310 official duties. the previous record was by King Albert II in 2010: 250 official activities.

Koning Filip verbreekt record van drukste agenda - HLN.be

So they're in Indonesia for Christmas? Is that usual for them?

The military labotr union is upset with the king. On saturday the king, queen and their children went left for Indonesia for a 10-day holiday. They are upset that the staff of the airplaine needs to stay in Indonesia in the christmas period too.
Privéreis Filip en Mathilde maakt legervakbond boos - HLN.be

It is forbidden for a Belgian king to use regular flights, he needs to travel by military plane.

And on another note: 2014 has been the busiest year for a Belgian monarch ever. He had 310 official duties. the previous record was by King Albert II in 2010: 250 official activities.

Koning Filip verbreekt record van drukste agenda - HLN.be

It's honestly silly, if he can't go in regular flights so why shouldn't he use military planes? do they expect him to stay cooped in Belgium 24/7? I'm sure that if he's asked to reimburse the money via his dotation, he wouldn't mind.

And for staying in Indonesia, their bodyguards would also have to stay there, people know what they are signing for when they start doing certain jobs, if they were in the military they could have been spending time in let's say Afghanistan or a war zone. Indonesia ain't the end of the world tbh :ermm:

I think it's a matter of finding a flaw on his reign, since he's been a pretty good king so far and there's always a political agenda against the monarchy in Belgium.

:previous:

I also find it very silly, the military staff are expected to perform their duties in the most difficult situations, and if they can't cope with not celebrating Christmas for one year while they are on duty, then what can be expected of them? :bang::bang::bang:

The Flemish parties now think that Philippe should pay for the travel costs of private holidays himself.

Filip moet privéreizen zelf betalen - HLN.be

An odd logic as it is forbidden for him to take commercial flights, so perhaps they should change that law first.

The Flemish parties now think that Philippe should pay for the travel costs of private holidays himself.

An odd logic as it is forbidden for him to take commercial flights, so perhaps they should change that law first.

What a nice thank you note from the Flemish parties to King Philippe for his work as the busiest Belgian monarch ever.

So he'd have to pay the military staff that goes with him? how? paying the Ministry of Defense? :ermm:

Makes absolutely no sense

I can think of worse places to be for ten days over Christmas - especially if I was being paid for it!

MAfan, King Albert II 's Speeches were recorded the day before .

MAfan, King Albert II 's Speeches were recorded the day before .
King Albert also recorded speeches a good few days before christmas. I recall newspaper reports of him holidaying in France or Italy a few days before christmas and there it was mentionend that the speech was recorded already.
Same situation in The Netherlands btw. Willem Alexander also recorded the speech before he travelled to Argentina.

The holiday in Bali is said to be a 15th wedding anniversary gift.

King Albert also recorded speeches a good few days before christmas. I recall newspaper reports of him holidaying in France or Italy a few days before christmas and there it was mentionend that the speech was recorded already.
Same situation in The Netherlands btw. Willem Alexander also recorded the speech before he travelled to Argentina.

The holiday in Bali is said to be a 15th wedding anniversary gift.

And remember that they barely got holidays during the summer due to the government formation...

I worked the whole day in this rainy and windy weather ang knowing the King and his family are in Bali and that we have to pay his private flight and al its costs .. I won't listen the King's Speach . Na!

Last edited:
I worked the whole day in this rainy and windy weather ang knowing the King and his family are in Bali and that we have to pay his private flight and al its costs .. I won't listen the King's Speach . Na!
So you didn't listen to Albert's christmas speeches either? ;)

Merry christmas everybody! :flowers:

I wonder if president Obama pays from his pocket when he flies to Hawaii on Air Force One for his family vacation. Or if he pays for his security detail while on vacation.

I wonder if president Obama pays from his pocket when he flies to Hawaii on Air Force One for his family vacation. Or if he pays for his security detail while on vacation.

You're joking surely! It's a scandal the number of vacations that man and his family have taken at taxpayer expense!

Back
Top Bottom