The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

MAfan, King Albert II 's Speeches were recorded the day before .

Old 12-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
MAfan, King Albert II 's Speeches were recorded the day before .
King Albert also recorded speeches a good few days before christmas. I recall newspaper reports of him holidaying in France or Italy a few days before christmas and there it was mentionend that the speech was recorded already.
Same situation in The Netherlands btw. Willem Alexander also recorded the speech before he travelled to Argentina.

The holiday in Bali is said to be a 15th wedding anniversary gift.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
King Albert also recorded speeches a good few days before christmas. I recall newspaper reports of him holidaying in France or Italy a few days before christmas and there it was mentionend that the speech was recorded already.
Same situation in The Netherlands btw. Willem Alexander also recorded the speech before he travelled to Argentina.

The holiday in Bali is said to be a 15th wedding anniversary gift.
And remember that they barely got holidays during the summer due to the government formation...
Old 12-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Nobility

As if Presidents of Republics wouldn't cost money to taxpayers...! I feel sorry for many Royal Families: they are navigating is such difficult situations (relatively speaking of course!).

I feel sorry for Elisabeth having to travel for such a long distance by herself, but I am sure she has a great relationship with her bodyguard! And maybe there were other staff members with her.

As far as the union complaining, well, I am sure that those who spend Christmas in Indonesia will be well compensated and their vacation time rescheduled. It is obvious that the plane and its crew should remain ready at all times close by to fly the family back in case of necessity. I bet some members of the crew asked to go! Ten days in Indonesia just waiting? I think there are much worse options as it has been wisely said.

About the documentary, I feel ambivalent. I loved seeing the family outside public appearances; on the other hand, they looked uncomfortable and somewhat unnatural in most segments. To me that is proof of how private, shy and sensitive they are but I am sure others will criticize them as phony or weak.

With regard to Queen Mathilde's lack of knowledge of history, I was certainly surprised to see that she doesn't know how to read Roman numerals! Really?
Regardless, I loved watching the documentary: they are a beautiful, sensitive family! And certainly in love. Who can even suggest an arranged marriage?? Believe me, I doubt you would have four children if your marriage were arranged!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Courtier

The Royal Family wishes us all Happy Holidays :)

https://twitter.com/MonarchieBe/stat...18679115612160

Beautiful picture, I love what Elisabeth is wearing :)
Old 12-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Royal Highness

Old 12-24-2014, 08:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
feel sorry for Elisabeth having to travel for such a long distance by herself, but I am sure she has a great relationship with her bodyguard! And maybe there were other staff members with her.
At her age, she is almost certainly loving it without little brothers and sister pestering or teasing or just in her business and Mom and dad looking over her shoulder. Feeling like a 'grown' person instead of a little kid is so important at 13.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
The Royal Family wishes us all Happy Holidays :)

https://twitter.com/MonarchieBe/stat...18679115612160

Beautiful picture, I love what Elisabeth is wearing :)

So glad to see Eléonore's happy smile, beautiful picture , lovely family
Old 12-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
King Philippe's Christmas message can be also heard in Dutch, see

Old 12-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I worked the whole day in this rainy and windy weather ang knowing the King and his family are in Bali and that we have to pay his private flight and al its costs .. I won't listen the King's Speach . Na!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I worked the whole day in this rainy and windy weather ang knowing the King and his family are in Bali and that we have to pay his private flight and al its costs .. I won't listen the King's Speach . Na!
So you didn't listen to Albert's christmas speeches either?

Merry christmas everybody!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I wonder if president Obama pays from his pocket when he flies to Hawaii on Air Force One for his family vacation. Or if he pays for his security detail while on vacation.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I wonder if president Obama pays from his pocket when he flies to Hawaii on Air Force One for his family vacation. Or if he pays for his security detail while on vacation.
You're joking surely! It's a scandal the number of vacations that man and his family have taken at taxpayer expense!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Courtier

New family photoshoot:

La Monarchie belge: Accueil - Actualités - Photos - Photos de famille - Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine et Leurs enfants (décembre 2014)

They look as if they were taken straight away from a model catalog, what a good looking family!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Of course he doesn't! And as MarNoe was saying, the expenses for his vacations have been highly criticized, but we're getting OT ...

I LOVE the picture the RF posted. Beautiful as always, and can I just add that Princess Elisabeth looks very sweet and I'm so glad she's not acting/dressing/posing as someone older than her age. She's a young 13 y.o. and I love that she doesn't feel pressured to act differently (believe it or not in other forums she's criticized for dressing like a child... and not grown-up enough! ). Her mom is a great role model.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
New family photoshoot:

La Monarchie belge: Accueil - Actualités - Photos - Photos de famille - Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine et Leurs enfants (décembre 2014)

They look as if they were taken straight away from a model catalog, what a good looking family!
Gorgeous!! Thanks!
Old 12-25-2014, 12:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
New family photoshoot:

Thanks so much for posting these beautiful pictures.

I wonder if the Belgian Royal palace knows anything about HD camera?!!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
Thanks so much for posting these beautiful pictures.

I wonder if the Belgian Royal palace knows anything about HD camera?!!!!
MTE, sometimes the pics in the official Twitter are frustrating like 260px or something.

These should have been released in HQ but I guess one could find them in that quality in a photoagency somewhere
Old 12-25-2014, 04:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
MTE, sometimes the pics in the official Twitter are frustrating like 260px or something.

These should have been released in HQ but I guess one could find them in that quality in a photoagency somewhere

Yeah, it's very bad, such beautiful pictures and no decent quality

Gabriel is becoming more handsome day by day, too bad our ages don't match, too bad
Old 12-25-2014, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
Yeah, it's very bad, such beautiful pictures and no decent quality

Gabriel is becoming more handsome day by day, too bad our ages don't match, too bad
In my opinion, the four of them as a group are the most beautiful royal children of this generation, a perfect combination of their parents' looks (and is not a wonder, considering how good looking the King and Queen are).

Eleonore might end up being more "stereotypically" beautiful than her sister but I find Elisabeth quite interesting to say so, like an old painting, her features have a lot of character, does that even make sense?

Tags
king philippe, queen mathilde