King Philippe, Q. Mathilde and Family, General News, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid it might have something to with the kidnapping threats towards Princess Elisabeth...

Yes, that thought occured to me too..
But from the BRF itself there is no news of a photoshoot

Do they have a twitter account? If so, could someone post it here? Happy New Year to everyone!

King Philippe reacted to rumours in the magazine ´Dag Allemaal´. According to the magazine the king is called a dictator by his staff. He is supposed to have forbidden his parents to use Ciergnon castle, his sister is thinking about moving to Switzerland and he introduced new humiliating rules to his staff.

The court reacted, spokesperson Rafike Yilmaz said that the entire article is incorrect. King Albert is still welcome at Ciergnon. Normally the palace doesn+t react to gossip, but this time they seem irritated. They admit that the king has a high working pace, but they treat their staff with respect.

Earlier (in December IIRC) king Philippe was critisized for working too... hard!!!

Koning Filip reageert fors op 'roddels' - HLN.be

:previous: sounds like an "old guard" resisting change

One moment they're all "this family is lazy and useless ... we don't want our money to feed them" and another they're "the king works too much ... he's probably a mean dictator in the palace...we better get rid of him"

I can't really think of Philippe as a frightening person, who mistreats his staff. He's such a nice man, gentle, the kind of good old soul we've unfortunately lost the matrix they were made into. And he needs to work hard to recover to every single shame his father and his younger brother are putting on the family almost on a daily basis

in Belgium were always since years bad relationships between the royals.
For the Red Cross 150 birthday , I saw King Albert and Queen Paola kissing the new King and Queen without seeing and looking at them.
What a difference between the Dutch Royals...

Honestly? Albert was too old at the end of his reign and probably didn't have the energy to do everything he should, Philippe is putting the house in order and with elections looming in the horizon, he has to do even more.

Add that the embarrassment his parents are putting him through, his brother's illnesses and the threats against Elisabeth and it's a miracle he hasn't exhausted himself yet, thankfully he has a rock in Mathilde and is getting through everything.

Tv show Royalty had pictures of Philippe flying a helicopter in Nice. So I guess the family is in the south of France for an Easter holiday.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using The Royals Community mobile app

Well done!

Nice to see him participating again.
Lovely images of the family.

King Philip was nominated by radio presenter Sven Ornelis for Ice Bucket Challenge.
The Twitter account of the Palace suggests that the king has accepted the challenge.

Belgian Royal PalaceGeverifieerd account ‏@MonarchieBe 3 uur
Steun #ALSIceBucketChallenge! Thx @SvenOrnelis! Genomineerden: #YellowTigers @BELRedPanthers en @BelRedDevils. pic.twitter.com/PPyobLWImS

Belgian Royal Palace ‏@MonarchieBe 3 uur
Allez #ALSIceBucketChallenge! Merci @SvenOrnelis! Nominés: #YellowTigers @BELRedPanthers et @BelRedDevils. pic.twitter.com/qPsrUhSikG

Today, 1 september 2014, is the first school day in Belgium. Also for Princess Elisabeth. The Queen went with her daughter to the St Jan Berchmans College in Brussels. The school is renowned but I am shocked by the decline of the public space. What a pauper surroundings, mon Dieu! Not only for the Princess but just for the sake of the residents in that street, the children going to that school, the tourists to Brussels... this is really unacceptable and a proof of grave neglect by the City of Brussels (which is infamous for its extremely poor and inefficient management)... I think there is no other future Queen who goes to school, facing that!

:ohmy: :ermm: :sad:

Queen Mathilde and Princess Elisabeth in the Rue des Ursulines / Ursulinenstraat: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2014/PPE14090105.jpg

Queen Mathilde and Princess Elisabeth near Gare Bruxelles-Chapelle / Station Brussel-Kapellekerk. Imagine you have to take the train there.... :eek: : http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2014/PPE14090122.jpg

Last edited:
First day of school today. Mathilde brought Elisabeth, Gabriel and Eleonore to school in Brussels.

PPE

Philippe brought Emmanuel to school in Kessel Lo.
Belga

This is one of the best Dutch Schools in Brussels situated in its the most popular part (les Marolles).
The Security of the area is also for each belgian Child.
They have indeed a special stop at the awful Railway Station of Bruxelles-Chapelle!

In Belgium there is less money for Catholic Schools !

Last edited:
It was such a good decision to put the children on Dutch speaking schools, so the RF can finally cease to fight that battle in the next generation.

Isn't (or wasn't) the Marolles a lower working class neighbourhood? A bit like the Jordaan in Amsterdam used to be (which has been taken over by expats and yuppies for decades btw).

The college Sint Jan Berchmans seems one of the best in Brussels. I am just shocked to see the filth. I looked in PPE and Getty and saw that in all previous years the decline, the graffitti, the dirt was also there. I know there are richer and poorer areas but this... unbelievable.

Well, perhaps you should get out more ;). Many cities have grafitti problems & look desolate when shops are closed. Apart from the grafitti and the 80-ties street furniture, it doesn't seem to be filthy though. Many actually prefer this over the Disneyfication of European cities of late -fueled by the increase of mass-tourism- where everything is restaured to perfection but where these cities also lose character, authenticity and the original inhabitants are replaced by expats and tourists.

Last edited:
With permission, there is a difference between Disneyfication and just keeping the street and the public environment clean. Imagine that you have to travel to Gare Bruxelles-Chapelle, the railway station directly opposite the St Jan Berchmans College and you take the stairs, completely covered with graffiti, the abri with all glasses smashed, the ticket machine out of order and smelling of urine and waiting for a rusty train covered with graffitti... Bienvenue à Bruxelles... I think there is no any European future Queen who has to witness the total failure of public services so clearly as Princess Elisabeth. This is your country ma'am, your future capital.

:ermm:

The St Jan Berchmans college seen from the Gare Bruxelles-Chapelle: http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/18549887.jpg

The Gare Bruxelles-Chapelle seen form the St Jan Berchmans college: http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/02/88/83/54_big.jpg

:eek:

Duc et Pair,
All the Children of Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz went there.
A lot of Children of friends of mine went there and succeeded well because they learned Dutch. If you want to have a job in Brussels you have to know and speak our 2 languages fluently and english.
If they was any danger the Crown Princess of belgium will never go there.
Prince Laurent 's 3 Children are going to an expensive private School le Lycée Français , they will never speak Dutch...

It is not at all about the school itself. I am sure the college St Jan Berchmans is one of the best, maybe the best, in Brussels. It is my shock to see how completely neglected and derelict the surroundings are. Not only for Princess Elisabeth and her schoolmates, but also for the people living, working and staying there. I find it shocking that the Ville de Bruxelles (for the Rue des Ursulines) and the SNCB (for the Gare Bruxelles-Chapelle) find all this "acceptable".

When you look at Getty, Corbis, Belga or PPE you can see the same scenes from 2013, 2012, 2011, etc. and all look the same horrible state. It is a total shame. I would even refuse to pay for a ticket to use the train there because in return I get no any service.

Anyway, the King, the Queen and their children at least know how a slum looks like in Belgium.

:sad:

Last edited:
It is not at all about the school itself. I am sure the college St Jan Berchmans is one of the best, maybe the best, in Brussels. It is my shock to see how completely neglected and derelict the surroundings are. Not only for Princess Elisabeth and her schoolmates, but also for the people living, working and staying there. I find it shocking that the Ville de Bruxelles (for the Rue des Ursulines) and the SNCB (for the Gare Bruxelles-Chapelle) find all this "acceptable".

When you look at Getty, Corbis, Belga or PPE you can see the same scenes from 2013, 2012, 2011, etc. and all look the same horrible state. It is a total shame. I would even refuse to pay for a ticket to use the train there because in return I get no any service.

Anyway, the King, the Queen and their children at least know how a slum looks like in Belgium.

:sad:

Hopefully someone will work to change it instead of just insulating themselves from it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom