King Philippe, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
Belgium_Coat_of_Arms.jpg

Welcome to the 1st thread for King Philippe's current events.

Please post current news and pictures only of King Philippe in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Gabriël is so handsome !
I'm so delighted to see the little guy. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for posting.

Look at how big Gabriel is growing!:eek:

All of Philippe and Mathilde's kids will be taller than average, I think!

Look at how big Gabriel is growing!:eek:

All of Philippe and Mathilde's kids will be taller than average, I think!

well neither Philippe nor Mathilde are exactly short, so of course their children will be above average ;)

a beautiful boy and his handsome father :wub: those pics are so cute :flowers:

He was already tall when he was born. He is extremely handsome !

What lovely pictures of King Philippe with his son. Gabriel is extrmely handsome.

Beautiful boy. Great he got some alone time with dad.It can't be easy with his dads royal duties and being one of four.

Here is a sweet story about Gabriel at the European Hockey Championships. As Gabriel is playing hockey at the White Star Evere, someone asked Gabriel how many goals he had scored this season and Gabriel hesitated a bit and then answered "42". Philippe knew better and said it had been 72 goals actually whereupon Gabriel replied that he didn't mention the real score because he didn't want to sound pretentious .

What a sweet and modest boy!

Here is a sweet story about Gabriel at the European Hockey Championships. As Gabriel is playing hockey at the White Star Evere, someone asked Gabriel how many goals he had scored this season and Gabriel hesitated a bit and then answered "42". Philippe knew better and said it had been 72 goals actually whereupon Gabriel replied that he didn't mention the real score because he didn't want to sound pretentious .

And a proud father. :ROFLMAO:

Is there a source where we can read about this? :wub:

Now that's a young man who's been raised right. I'm guessing this is Field Hockey?

For who's keeping track:
Belgian media report that belgian people's confidence in K.Philippe/Filip has risen from 51% in june (when he was still crownprince) to 69% in august (after becoming King).

Me thinks that's quite a nice thing for him to know...

I am happy that the confidence is up. As Theo Aronson already wrote in 'The Coburgs from Belgium': The Belgian Coburgs blossom late in life'. It is remarkable that even in Flanders confidence is 60% (in Wallonia it even is 82%).

I am happy that the confidence is up. As Theo Aronson already wrote in 'The Coburgs from Belgium': The Belgian Coburgs blossom late in life'. It is remarkable that even in Flanders confidence is 60% (in Wallonia it even is 82%).

I think the thing is that Philippe now looks very confident, not as shy as he used to be as Crown Prince and having someone who's as charismatic as Mathilde by his side helps a lot as well.

Also: getting linguistic neutral names for his children and getting them into dutch schools? stroke of genius IMO ;)

King Philippe and Lithuania's President Dalia Grybauskaite attended a concert in honour of the Lithuanian presidency of the Council of the European Union at the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels this evening, September 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk **

King Philippe held his first Letters of Credence ceremony for new ambassadors today and he invited a camera team and a photographer.
Pictures:
BelgaPicture - Category details

Videos:
deredactie.be video: Het journaal 1 - 19/09/13
Le roi Philippe reçoit les lettres de créances des nouveaux ambassadeurs - Vidéo - RTL Vidéos

I don’t think I have ever seen so many impressions of this festive ceremony. And we have seen quite a lot rooms of the royal Palace in action, the hall where Mathilde received the Ketnet for example I hadn’t seen in ages. I like this new approach a lot and I’m eagerly awaiting the first incoming state visit.

Also not sure if it has been mentioned already but theres a Belgian royal twitter account now. :)
https://twitter.com/MonarchieBe

I don’t think I have ever seen so many impressions of this festive ceremony. And we have seen quite a lot rooms of the royal Palace in action, the hall where Mathilde received the Ketnet for example I hadn’t seen in ages. I like this new approach a lot

Me too, I appreciate that kind of new transparency respectively insight!

Here are some more pics of the ceremonies today:

** gettyimages/photonews gallery ** apa/picturedesk **

King Philippe went to greet the body of former prime minister Wilfried Martens, who died today Google Translate

King Philippe visited the Bpost printing home for post stamps in Mechelen today, October 15, 2013, and received the first post stamps with a portrait of himself.

** belga gallery ** gettyimages ** apa/picturedesk **

** nieuwsblad.be: Koning Filip keurt zijn eerste postzegel goed ** translation **

Also today King Philippe received the President of Montenegro Filip Vujanovic at the Royal Palace in Brussels:

** gettyimages/photonews gallery ** belga gallery **

And in the evening he watched the soccer game between the Belgian national team The Red Devils and the Wales national team at the Koning Boudewijn Stadion in Brussels. The Red Devils are qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil as group leader.

** belga gallery **

** Daylife gallery - October 15, 2013 **

Last edited:

On October 19 King Philippe visited the site of a plane crash in Marchovelette, Fernelmont, Namur province. A Pilatus Porter plane with ten parachutists on board had taken off from the airfield of Temploux and lost a wing before it crashed. All ten passengers and the pilot died in the crash.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

King Philippe attended the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Koninklijke Vlaamse Academie voor Wetenschappen en Kunsten (KVAB) (Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and Arts) in Brussels today, October 22, 2013.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

(not completely sure if this should go here, if not please delete or move)

80% des Belges font confiance au roi Philippe - lavenir.net

80% of the Belgians trust their new King. 74% of men and 84% of women (no wonder he has a bigger appeal on the femenine portion of the population :p :whistling: ;) )
What is more surprising IMO is to see young people (18-34) with a 80% of confidence on Philippe!! :eek: :)

King Philippe has received European Council President Herman Van Rompuy and European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso for a meeting at the Laken castle in Brussels, on November 4, 2013.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery ** daylife ** belga gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom