King Philippe, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh la la Philippe in uniform :wub: :wub: :p

King Philippe made a visit to the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Meyrin, Geneva canton, Switzerland, today, May 21, 2014. Belgian 2013 Nobel prize laureate Francois Englert was there as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk **

King Philippe attended the award ceremony of the "Francqui Prize 2014" in Brussels today, June 11, 2014. The scientific prize is awarded by The Francqui Foundation, this year to Bart Lambrecht, pneumologist from UZ Gent who is a world refference in the research on asthma and allergies.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk **

King Philippe today, June 17, attended a meeting with representatives of Belgian enterprises on new contracts obtained through the World Cup in Brazil.

Afterwards the soccer match between the Belgian national team The Red Devils and Algeria, the first game in Group H of the first round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, was shown at the VBO-FeB headquarters in Brussels. Belgium won with 2:1.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** 7sur7.be pics: Le Roi regarde les Diables à la FEB **

A little video of the king while watching the first football game of the Belgians in the world cup. We were behind with 0-1, but when Fellaini made a goal, this was the kings reaction:

sporza video: Koning Filip juicht bij doelpunt van Fellaini

In the sports program, they were mocking him a bit about his 'enthousiasm' but I loved his reaction. It's nice to see him enjoy something in his own way. He doesn't have to be like say Willem-Alexander who would jump for joy, this is also fun to see!

What a difference between Kings Juan Carlos & King Felipe VI and Kings Albert Ii & King Philippe.
Since his Childhood Felipe received love and yesterday what I saw is unforgettable .

A little video of the king while watching the first football game of the Belgians in the world cup. We were behind with 0-1, but when Fellaini made a goal, this was the kings reaction:

sporza video: Koning Filip juicht bij doelpunt van Fellaini

In the sports program, they were mocking him a bit about his 'enthousiasm' but I loved his reaction. It's nice to see him enjoy something in his own way. He doesn't have to be like say Willem-Alexander who would jump for joy, this is also fun to see!

Is the King expected to be in Brazil for Belgium's second game ?

Your pics are showing for me. Could you also post the links please? Thanks!!

hmm they worked for me...let me see if i can find them again.
it was just the M&F going down the stairs from the plane :flowers:

King Philippe called king Willem-Alexander to offer his condoleances at the mass-murder in the Ukraine where a civilian Malaysian Airlines plane was shot down by Russian rebels with a Russian missile. Among others 173 Dutch and 4 Belgians died.

Condoleance van Belgische koning - NOS Nieuws

King Philippe attended the oath ceremony of Brussels region Minister-President Rudi Vervoort at the Royal Palace in Brussels, today, July 20:

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Today, July 22, King Philippe attended the oath ceremonies of the Minister President of Wallonie Bruxelles federation and of Wallonia Rudy Demotte and of Walloon Minister President Paul Magnette at the Royal Palace in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On July 25 King Philippe attended the oath ceremony of Flemish Minister-President Geert Bourgeois (N-VA) at the Royal Palace in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous:

Thanks for sharing, but please give additional information when posting links and photos, rchainho :flowers:

I guess the pics above are from today, August 3, right? King Philippe attended two commemorative ceremonies marking the centenary of the First World War, one at the Cavalier Fonck Monument in Thimister-Clermont and one at the Fort de Loncin in Ans.

Here are some additional pics and vidoes:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** belga gallery ** rtbf.be pics and vidoes **

** lesoir.be: Le Roi Philippe rend hommage au cavalier Fonck à Thimister-Clermont ** translation **

** lesoir.be: Le roi Philippe remet le diplôme de nécropole nationale au Fort de Loncin ** translation **

King Philippe received the Flame of Hope for the Special Olympics European Summer Games at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, September9. The Games will take place from September 13 - 20, 2014 in Antwerp.

** belga gallery **

King Philippe attended the celebrations for the 75th anniversary of the Academia Belgica in Brussels today, September 11:

** belga gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom