King Philippe and Queen Mathilde's Visits to the Provinces; September - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Province of Flemish-Brabant (Louvain): friday 6 september
Province of Walonian-Brabant (Waver): tuesday 10 september
Province of Hainaut (Mons): tuasday 17 september
Province of Limbourg (Hasselt): tuesday 24 september
Province of Antwerp (Antwerp): friday 27 september
Province of Namur (Namur): wednesday 02 october
Province of Liege (Liege): friday 11 october
Province of East-Flanders (Ghent): wednesday 16 october
Province of Luxembourg (Arles): friday 18 october
German community (Eupen): wednesday 23 october
Province of West-Flanders (Brugges): friday 25 october

Lovely pictures of the couple.
Nice to see Mathilde wearing a hat fot the visit.

In the City Hall the official portraits of the former King Albert and Queen Paola were still hanging....

it's amazing to see how well received they have been in their visits, Belgian people have shown them nothing but love since their inauguration.

Leidl , it is fresh air , we have now the nasty Sybille who is speaking this evening for the second time.
I saw King Philippe on July 31th , he looks so happy and seems really to believe that the Belgians like him what was unexpected ..

Leidl , it is fresh air , we have now the nasty Sybille who is speaking this evening for the second time.
I saw King Philippe on July 31th , he looks so happy and seems really to believe that the Belgians like him what was unexpected ..

I know a couple Belgians who aren't monarchists and they both think she's just way out of line with this, I think people are behind Philippe these days and Sybille is just putting herself out as a bitter woman out there :ermm:

I know a couple Belgians who aren't monarchists and they both think she's just way out of line with this, I think people are behind Philippe these days and Sybille is just putting herself out as a bitter woman out there :ermm:

at this point, if she really crossed the mark, it can only affect positively King Philippe's popularity and increasing the support of his subjects. it can be a potential bingo for him if he manages to handle the situation in a good way

During the visit to the province of Belgian Limburg - planned for 24 September- the King asked to meet empoyees of the Ford factory in Genk. The factory will close by the end of 2014 and the employees will be without a job. By this meeting the king want to show his support. A symatheric gesture IMO:

Vorstenpaar wil werknemers Ford Genk ontmoeten bij Blijde Intrede - HLN.be

This is a great gesture indeed. it shows once more how much he's committed in making good for his country and for all the Belgians. Bravo Majestè! :clap::clap::clap:

I love how happy and smiley they both look, it is normal in Mathilde but Philippe has changed so much since becoming King! :D

deredactie.be has this video. Can someone please translate it? I would like to know what those people are saying (I think they're talking about the fact that the King wanted to meet the employees from the Ford factory) and what Philippe is saying at half of the video that makes people laugh. thx!

Last edited:
I am very pleased to see warm reception of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde. Hopefully Belgians will remain enthusiastic about the royal family.

Last edited:
That's my opinion too, as a Belgian.
I even refused to watch Sybille on tv. She went too far.:eek:

Laarne mayor Ignace De Baerdemaeker, Antwerp mayor Bart De Wever, Antwerp province governor Cathy Berx, Queen Mathilde of Belgium and King Philippe - Filip of Belgium pictured as they arrive for the 'Joyous Entry - Blijde Intrede - Joyeuse Entree' of King Filip and Queen Mathilde to present themselves to the public in the different provincial capitals, in Antwerp, Antwerp province, Friday 27 September 2013.

ANP picture 1 ** ANP picture 2

lesoir.be article, picture and video ** lavenir.net ** Belga picture gallery

Last edited:
I am happy for them this visit is behind them !!!!

And the Mayor of Antwerp Bart the Wever said : "Je suis un Republicain. "
Only 500 people but it was late on the day and the schools were not there.
An Incident should be bad for the future Elections and I agree with Rominet , I am glad this Visit is behind them .

I was in Antwerp.
My pictures can be found here.

:wub:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom