King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 2 (Sept. 2017 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This evening, February 20, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a dinner for young farmers who are active in traditional and organic farming:

** Pic **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde talked with the director and the nursing staff of the Sint-Truiden Transitional Care Centre today, April 21. It's one of the centres that take care of Corona patients who are allowed to leave the hospital but cannot return home yet.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Statue of Leopold I

:previous:"Wow, it is just "off topic".
But what a great pictures of Belga of (the statue) of Leopold I, towering high, and as it were overlooking the Belgium capital Brussels.??

I guided so often this Museum and saw the Rooms changed.
Well done King Philippe and Queen Mathilde for our Art which suffers so much from the Covid Situation

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde talked to Belgian Provincial Governors today, June 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

What a privilege to be attending a concert again. In Belgium the orchestra's started playing for audiences again two weeks ago. I attended a concert in Brussels where the choir occupied the entire first floor to make sure there was ample distance between the members, they sang with masks.

It seems the concert was held in the St. Baafs cathedral where the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb by Van Eyck is displayed. The alterpiece was inaugurated in 1432 and in the presence of another Philippe, Philippe the Good - the archfather of the Low Countries.

Due to the corona virus most events around the special Jan van Eyck year had to be cancelled and many people were unable to see his exceptional works all together in Ghent.

The collegium vocale of Ghent ánd its director Philippe Herreweghe are world famous and sang at the wedding of Philippe and Mathilde. The king and queen must have been delighted to be there.

Last edited:
Very nice picture , as we may see no Bow and Curtsey anymore .

Today, September 24, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde had lunch with Professor Peter Piot, Virologist and Director of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine:

** Pic **

Last edited:
During the last days King Philippe and Queen Mathilde talked to a number of experts about the impact of the second corona wave on children and young people:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde paid a Christmas visit to residents, educators and volunteers of the L'Arche community in Namur, a community for people with and without intellectual disabilities:

** video **

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, March 4, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde had virtual meetings on the occasion of International Women's Day next week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom