King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks iceflower , King Philippe is really an unexpected good , happy and modern King !

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will visit the Vatican the next December 12.

Wim Dehandschutter @WDehandschutter Koning Filip en koningin Mathilde gaan op 12 december voor eendaags bezoek naar Vaticaan. Ze hebben er audiëntie met paus Franciscus.

King Philippe - Filip of Belgium, Queen Mathilde of Belgium and European Commission President Luxembourg Jean-Claude Juncker (EPP) pictured at the start of a meeting between the Belgian King and Queen and the chairman of the European Commission, Friday 21 November 2014, at the Royal Castle in Laken-Laeken, Brussels.

Belga picture

An article from Royalista about the event in Namur: The Belgian Royals celebrate in the street | Royalista

Queen Mathilde is as ever looking very presentable, but to a nerd like me, it's the reenactors in the background that caught my interest.
They are infantry of the line. Wearing textbook uniforms from the later part of the Napoleonic era up from around 1810 to around 1850. The uniforms are very French inspired, which is no wonder...
By that time it was standard practice that regular infantry regiments of the line brought with them their own light field pieces (cannons)

Thanks iceflower , King Philippe is really an unexpected good , happy and modern King !

Belgium is very fortunate to have Philippe and Mathilde. The King is fast becoming a model monarch and Mathilde, a model queen consort.

Great, I hope Mathilde wears white

I believe Bergoglio has done away with the traditional dressing code. Having said that, I also hope the Queen of the Belgians sticks to protocol and wears white.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde visited the Province of East Flanders today, December 5. In Ronse they visited the Textile Innovation Centre TiO3, the Provincial Institute Heynsdaele and the crypt of the Church Sint-Hermes.

** belga gallery ** facetoface ** facetoface 2 ** facetoface 3 **

Last edited:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge in Bastogne today, December 13. The battle took place during World War II from December 16th 1944 until January 25th 1945.

In homage to U.S. Army General Anthony McAuliffe, who had said "Nuts" in response to an ultimatum by the German army, they threw nuts today.

** belga gallery ** tageblatt.lu gallery and video **

** lesoir.be gallery and video: Philippe et Mathilde à Bastogne pour la commémoration de la Bataille des Ardennes **

** dailymail: Belgian royals mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes in snowy weather...**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5qofBbpABk

Yesterday pouring rain and wind for Queen Fabiola's funeral, and today heavy snow. They both just carry through with grace and dignity. Bless em. :flowers:

I'm not sure this is the right thread to ask, but King Philippe and Queen Mathilde cancelled their visit to the Vatican. Do we already know to when it is postponed, if it is postponed?

Goodness, that weather looks scary!:eek: Are flights still arriving and leaving in Brussels?

I can see that Mathilde is still dressed in mourning. I feel bad that she and Philippe can not take more time to mourn, but it's typical that they've gone back to their engagements the day after Queen Fabiola's funeral.

Goodness, that weather looks scary!:eek: Are flights still arriving and leaving in Brussels?

I can see that Mathilde is still dressed in mourning. I feel bad that she and Philippe can not take more time to mourn, but it's typical that they've gone back to their engagements the day after Queen Fabiola's funeral.

Bastogne is one of the "worse" places in Belgium when it comes to weather. Other places are fine, very cold and rainy, so the airports are okay :)

She already looks better than yesterday, and it's an important event to go. Plus, since Q.Mathilde grew up there and certainly participated to the events when she was a kid, it reminds her of beautiful times... and sometimes when you're grieving it's the best remedy :)

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received former EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso at the Royal Palace today, December 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** facetoface **

Last edited:
They are clearly having fun with the it! Never heard about the tradition either but it is a nice one.

When I saw the pictures I couldn't understand what they were throwing! It looked like they were having a bit of fun doing it , too! Lovely tradition. And what can I say, Mathilde is just perfect. I watched Queen Fabiola's funeral and what a great couple she makes with King Philippe. What a lovely family! So united.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom