King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
:previous:

Thank you, eya! :flowers:

Here are more nice pics of their visit to the Province of Luxembourg:

** pm gallery: Mathilde, OK pour les selfies **

** wort.lu gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery **

** lameuse.be: Le couple royal en visite en province de Luxembourg (photos + vidéo) **

And today, September 15, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the 10th gala evening of West Flanders Support Committee for the King Baudouin Foundation:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** belga gallery ** fb gallery **

Last edited:
Nice family event.
A bit funny that Elisabeth is the only one of the kids without helmet, teenager for sure

Last edited:
Nice event but I can not take it au sérieux. The three states with a serious German-speaking part are Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The Belgian, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein German-speaking people together barely fill a small town. It are totally meaningless dwarfs. When you drive from Maastricht to Luxembourg, before you have even noticed it at all, the German-speaking region in Belgium is already passed.

If we go this way: when will the United Kingdom join the Francophonie? After all London is the biggest French city outside France...

but what about the German speaking minority in Denmark? And do please, take this event au sérieux! German is a language with a vibrant culture that needs friends to give it the wide spread support it deserves! Furthermore, Montreal is the biggest Francophone city outside France:lol::bang::flowers:

I think that the car-free day is a great idea and it's always nice to see Philippe and his family together, too. Elisabeth is turning into quite a beautiful young lady! I hope this doesn't come across as a criticism because I'm just asking out of sheer curiosity, but is the mark on her cheek a birth mark or something else; I've never noticed it until now. The photos of Eleonore and Mathilde together are cute, too.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received members of the Model United Nations Society Belgium at the Royal Palace today, September 28. They congratulated the team on their victory at Harvard World Model United Nations.

** Pic **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received young diplomats at the Royal Palace of Brussels today, October 4. They will represent Belgium abroad from next year on.

** Pic **

I wonder if the King and the Queen of the Belgians spoke German fluently?
The King of the Netherlands had a German Father.

Philippe does. He is fluent in the three languages of Belgium though his Dutch has been criticized. From what I understand he speaks Dutch, German and French, as well as Spanish and Italian. Mathilde I font believe is fluent in German, only French and Dutch for Belgium, as well as English and Italian.

Anyone who's seen his German version of his Christmas speech would seriously doubt that he's 'fluent' in German. If that's fluent, then I'm fluent too having studied it for around 2 years at grammar school.

As part of their regular meetings with 'young talents' King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received young professionals for a dinner at Laeken Castle yesterday evening, October 27:

** monarchie.be: Jeunes talents **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a reception at the Royal Palace today, November 17, for people who have received nobility titles.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are currently attending the Worl Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

On the eve of the opening day of the World Economic Forum, January 16, Queen Mathilde attended the Crystal Award ceremony:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Today, January 17, King Philippe had talks with the Chinese President Xi Jinping:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And Mathilde attended a panel discussion over the UN Sustainable Development Goals and meetings as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:

And Queen Mathilde meeting today also In discussion on importance of education with Special Advocate of GlobalGoalsUN Shakira

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2Y79k1WIAAET5E.jpg

The Kings meeting with Forest Whitaker Unesco Special Envoy for Peace and Reconciliation

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2ZHc7jXUAEVGeS.jpg

King Philippe today at Davos Access to water and sanitary facilities for all: meeting with Matt Damon, founder of @Water

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2caK08XgAEqC0T.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2caTxpWgAA7eQ7.jpg

https://t.co/2wdnyt5rBg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video from yesterday about "education and mental health as priorities in the Sustainable Development Goals":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gmoqGoUYY4

A pic of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde during a speech of outgoing US Vice-President Joe Biden today, January 18:

** Pic **

And Queen Mathilde met with Irina Georgieva Bokova, Bulgarian politician and the Director-General of UNESCO:

** Pic **

While King Philippe met Sun Yafang, Chairwoman of Huawei, and Dominique Leroy, CEO of Proximus Group:

** Pic **

Last edited:

Another pic from yesterday with Charles Michel holding a speech:

** Pic **

And King Philippe talked to Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr:

** Pic ** Mathilde **

Today, January 19, Queen Mathilde met the new Secretary-General of the United Nations António Guterres:

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

The New Year's reception for NATO and SHAPE officials took place at the Royal Palace of Brussels today, January 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

Yesterday King Philippe and Queen Mathilde visited a night welcome centre for homeless people, Pierre d'Angles in Brussels - what a contrast and a great gesture!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom