King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
Belgium_Coat_of_Arms.jpg

Welcome to the 1st thread for King Philippe and Queen Mathilde's current events.

The previous thread for Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde's current events can be found here.

Please post current news and pictures of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice picture but they could smile a little.
Isn't that the tiara of her wedding? The one Queen Paola wears all the time?

I don't know...there is a time to smile big like in informal photos with family but sometimes a king and queen need to be regal, which these two do so, so well.

I'm not saying a big smile, but a little or discrete grin. They look so serious to me.

this is true . other than last night when they let themselves go a little they seem a introverted and serious family. but they look peaceful and relaxed to me in the photos.

Last edited:
wow she used the same colour of Maxima dress for the coronation!

Nice picture but they could smile a little.
Isn't that the tiara of her wedding? The one Queen Paola wears all the time?

no, that is the base of the so called Nine Provinces tiara, only worn by the Queen Consort "in charge". Queen Fabiola used to wear it that way tiara but since it's an official portrait, I would have opted for the complete version of it.

just for the same reason I think they were not required to smile. this pictures will be used in offices, city halls and so on...so I think they are just perfect.

if only the graphics didn't use so much Photoshop on the King

Last edited:
no, that is the base of the so called Nine Provinces tiara, only wear by the Queen Consort "in charge". Queen Fabiola used to wear it that way tiara but since it's an official portrait, I would have opted for the complete version of it.
That means the Tiara now belongs to Mathilde? I mean, she will have freedom to wear it at other tiara events?

Is the brooch one she worn before or is it for the consort as well? The gown does call to mind Maxima. Still the royal couple look regal and magnificent.

Last edited:
That means the Tiara now belongs to Mathilde? I mean, she will have freedom to wear it at other tiara events?

This tiara can only be worn by the current Queen of Belgium.
When Elisabeth becomes Queen, Mathilde will pass on the tiara to her daughter.

I really liked the portrait, it looks so majestic, so regal, so them.

What a great photo. Mathilde looks so beautiful.

yes she does, but if I'm correct it is tradition to only use it at home...at least, Queen Paola only used it at State Banquets hosted by Belgium. Aboard she kept on using her Bandeau Tiara. I hope that now Mathilde will receive the Bandeau tiara as well from her mother in law...and the Spanish wedding gift Tiara from Queen Fabiola of course. but this is another topic...

King Philippe has appointed today several officials of the new royal Household:

Pierre Cartuyvels, previously Adviser of HRH Prince Philippe, has been appointed Deputy Head of Cabinet and Diplomatic Adviser to His Majesty the King;
Lieutenant General Noel De Bruyne, previously Head of the Household of the Dukes of Brabant, has been appointed Intendant of the Civil List of His Majesty the King;
Ms. Machteld Fostier, previously Advisor of HRH Princess Mathilde, has been appointed Secretary of Her Majesty the Queen;
Lieutenant-Colonel of Aviation Alain Gerardy, previously Advisor to the Household of the Dukes of Brabant, has been appointed Deputy Chief of Protocol at the Household of His Majesty the King;
Hubert Roisin, previously Secretary of Her Majesty Queen Paola, has been appointed Advisor to the Household of His Majesty the King;
Baron (Frans) van Daele, Honorary Ambassador, has been appointed Chief of Staff of His Majesty the King.

More officials will be appointed in the next weeks:
Pierre-Emmanuel De Bauw will be appointed Director of Media and Communication of the Royal Palace on 1 August 2013;
Philippe Kridelka will be appointed Secretary General of the Household of His Majesty the King on 26 August 2013;
Geneviève Renaux will be appointed Economic Advisor to the Household of His Majesty the King;
Mrs. Yilmaz Rafike will be appointed Deputy Director of Media and Communication of the Royal Palace on September 2013.

Some of the officials of the Household of King Albert II retain their functions:
Chantal Cooreman, as Director of the Service Applications and Social Affairs of the Household of His Majesty the King;
Yves Costers, as Chief of Staff and Deputy Legal Adviser to His Majesty the King;
General Jef Van den Could, as Chief of the Military Household of His Majesty the King;
Vice-Admiral Pierre Warnauts, as Chief of Protocol at the Household of His Majesty the King.

The Household of the Dukes of Brabant has been dissolved and will be reinstated when Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Brabant, will be 18.

La Monarchie belge: Accueil - Actualités - Agenda - Nominations

yes she does, but if I'm correct it is tradition to only use it at home...at least, Queen Paola only used it at State Banquets hosted by Belgium. Aboard she kept on using her Bandeau Tiara. I hope that now Mathilde will receive the Bandeau tiara as well from her mother in law...and the Spanish wedding gift Tiara from Queen Fabiola of course. but this is another topic...
She wore it also at State Visit's abroad. In Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and i believe even in Morocco.

She wore it also at State Visit's abroad. In Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and i believe even in Morocco.

told you I wasn't sure...but I remember I read that somewhere

The new queen is wearing only the bandeau from the nine provinces tiara which queen Paola probably gave to her now. Paola did wear the tiara to events outside Belgium. I hope (like Marchesina) that the new queen will get the Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau and the Spanish wedding gift tiara but I think this would only happens when the other queens die

Mathilde in the new portraits - wow! She looks so regal!

Im not fond of the new official pictures at all. they both look very stiff in them. Moreover I don't get why they're pictured against a grey wall, quite weird to me. The garden picture seems like they ere photoshoped on.

The abdication official pictures were lovely and very real, they should of done something similar.

I do think the first official photos of a new king and queen should be formal and indeed I think the couple should look stiff, bold and strong, without a hint of informality in the way they stand and in their faces, since the images are representative of the gravity and importance of the role they now have.

The composition of the pictures was very clever, in that the new king and queen stand ahead with the capital city of Brussels forming the background. Whilst the grey wall background is rather stark, it does, I think, reflect a quality of light that enable the viewer to see the new king and queen with great clarity and purity, unblemished by distracting chandeliers or velvet curtains.

The photos are reflective of the fact that the Beligian monarchy has a certain austerity about it, a no-nonsense institution. Naturally, there will be other photos and indeed appearances by Philippe and Mathilde that show their vibrancy, sense of fun and informality and of-course their unassuming characters that have made them very popular.

I also like the fact that the photos are nice and different from the opulant ones done for Willem Alexander and Maxima (which I adore and think are wonderful) - it's nice to see different monarchies doing things their own way!

Well, that's my take on it anyways!

as predicted, the so-called Joyeuses Entrées will take place from September
here's the complete calendar
RTL

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are now on holiday in France
It is not known when Queen Mathilde and the kids will be back in Belgium, but King Philippe is expected to be back before july 31th and the mass for the 20th anniversary of the death of King Baudouin.

Article from Het Nieuwsblad

Last edited:
The King and the Crown Princess travelled in the same airplane direction Nantes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom