King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how Philippe and Mathilde sometimes bring Elisabeth along to certain events. I love her coat, she looks sweet and also seemed to be quite confident when performing her speech, which I guess is a good quality for a royal in her position (heiress apparent) to have as she will need it a lot in the future. Would this be her second speech after the one she performed at the hospital when she was younger, or have I missed some?

It would be interesting to know what she said in her speech.

Very positive comments on twitter towards Elisabeth, who gave the speech in the three official languages of Belgium.

Love how slowly but surely her parents are introducing her into royal life, by the time she's 18, this girl will be a pro! :D

She wrote her speech herself.

I translated the lyrics:

Hundred years ago the Great War began.
Thousands of soldiers deserted their families for the front.
Violence, fear and hunger, are their daily lot.
Men, women and children are forced to flee. Their home, their school, their village are destroyed.
We will all those victims in our country never forget.
Even today, war shatters lives. Fathers, mothers, children are suffering, or are separated from each other.
But their misfortune also gives us a lesson in courage and dignity.
The willpower in their eyes invites us to stand for a better world of justice and peace.
It comes to us, youth, to keep our torch high and, like today, to form a light front.

Clip of the speech

She wrote her speech herself.

I translated the lyrics:

Clip of the speech

Thanks a lot, stephanievl! :flowers: I like how she wrote the speech herself - I was impressed as it sounds quite mature for her age. I also like how she spoke it in the three languages of Belgium, that's a thoughtful touch. I have a feeling that she'll be a great asset to Belgium in the near future.

Where is baby Elisabeth gone? She's already a lady. Impressive, for a almost-13 years old. Speaking four languages at her age is also mind-blowing.

I feel like Queen Mathilde is about to cry when she looks at her daugher, king Philippe seems very emotional too. I don't blame them, almost cried too :)

The Princess Elisabeth has really impressed me with this event. Her clothing, whilst conservative, are appropriate for a girl her age and for the occasion. That she is fluent in so many languages and has written such an insightful speech speaks well for her intelligence and empathy. She truelly is a credit to her parents and herself. She has the makings of an excellent Monarch

Thank you so much for translating, stephanievl :flowers: I understood most of the French, but only some of the Dutch and the German and I was looking for a good translation of that wonderful speech. So thanks!

What a beautiful speech. She's so good at speaking in public. I was fifteen the first time I threw a speech and I was absolutely petrified despite having practiced a lot. Élisabeth does it so eloquently and with so much strength in her voice. She's wonderful. Bravo, Élisabeth!

Time flies...
Princess Elisabeth seems confident during the speech. Beautifully presented, she did very well. She struck me as dignified and intelligent girl.

A very impressive performance from Princess Elisabeth.

Princess Elizabeth gave a wonderful speech, by herself, in three languages, for a WWI commemoration. She has a tremendous amount of poise as well as an obvious aptitude for language.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received Belgian top athletes, including athletes who participated in the Winter Olympics in Sochi and the Olympic medalists of the Youth Games in Nanjing, in Brussels today, October 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

** standaard.be video ** apa/picturedesk ** facetoface **

** lavenir.net gallery: Le Roi et la Reine félicitent les sportifs belges de haut niveau **

** pp gallery: Mathilde de Belgique éclatante à Laeken, Philippe pris dans la folie du selfie **

Last edited:
Princess Elizabeth gave a wonderful speech, by herself, in three languages, for a WWI commemoration. She has a tremendous amount of poise as well as an obvious aptitude for language.

I saw a pic of her delivering the speech but I haven't found the video :sad:

You're welcome, Noor Mariam :flowers:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde this evening, October 24, attended the world premiere of 'Shell Shock', an opera on World War I, at La Monnaie-De Munt in Brussels.

Shell Shock was created by Belgian composer Nicholas Lens, Australian author and musician Nick Cave and Belgian-Moroccan choreographer Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Here is video of the lovely little Duchess of Brabant shortly before her 13th birthday last week, flawlessly delivering a speech in three languages(Dutch, French,German) ...a speech that she wrote herself. What an impressive future queen. She puts many Royals 3 times her age in the shade!;)

Lichtfront: prinses Elisabeth leest voor | VTM NIEUWS

Last edited:
What an articulate young lady she is becoming, and so pretty. Her parents are doing a great job in raising her to be the future queen.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a dinner for David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and his wife at the Laeken castle today, October 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** Twitter Pic **

Last edited:
Mathilde looks magnificent, there are no other words to describe her!

Last edited:
Strange, the official representative of the Queen in Canada calling a King and a Queen "Royal Highnesses"....
I also found odd that the GG and his wife wore orders while TM didn´t...
Queen Mathilde looked wonderful, as always!

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2562956.html

The above link contains photos of the dinner hosted by King and Queen of Belgium for Governor General of Canada and his spouse to Belgium.

Mrs Johnston's makeup was clownish and inappropriate for her age.

You really need to start adding IMO in some of your, shall I say, clownish statements. *Dr.* Johnson looked very nice last night and certainly *not* clownish. Not only my opinion, but my Parents as well, as we were laughing over how Queen Mathilde's height made Dr. Johnson look like a teeny tiny thing.

She has been a wonderful Ambassador for Canada and support for her husband since he became our Governor General and not once has she ever appeared clownish in Public!!

I know I just took the bait in yet another one of your "contributions" to the Board, but this time you decided to post your nastiness about a lovely lady who is a representative of my Country and an excellent one at that. Not okay.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2565798.html

The above link contains photos of the commemoration of the 'Battle of Ypres' during the First World War in Nieuwpoort.

It is nice to see Lalla Meryem representing Morocco. I wonder why Grand Duchess Maria Teresa stopped attending events alongside Grand Duke Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom