King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Edward was there too. Nice to see them together.

Philippe, Mathilde and their 4 childern attended the last training session of the Belgian national soccer team Red Devils before their departure to the World Cup in Brazil, on Sunday 08 June 2014, in Brussels.

Belga pictures

King Philippe wished good luck to the National Team this morning.

**RTL TVI - Place Royale** **RTL info **

Nice to see him speaking off the cuff, someone complained in his early days, during the Joyeuses Entrées that he used to read even for a small thank you.

Last edited:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde departed from the military airport of Melsbroek today, June 20, to attend the second match of the Belgian national soccer team Red Devils against Russia in Rio de Janeiro on June 22.

On June 21 Philippe and Mathilde will unveil a new plaque at the "Avenida Rainha Elizabeth" (Queen Elizabeth Avenue, named after Queen Elizabeth of Belgium) and will lay a wreath at the monument of King Albert I. Mathilde will visit the SOS Children's Village supported by the Red Devils.

** Pic ** rtl.be video ** belga gallery ** facetoface **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde departed from the military airport of Melsbroek today, June 20, to attend the second match of the Belgian national soccer team Red Devils against Russia in Rio de Janeiro on June 22.
Did they go without the kids????? I am sure that at least Prince Gabriel would have loved to go with them.:sad::sad:

Did they go without the kids????? I am sure that at least Prince Gabriel would have loved to go with them.:sad::sad:

I don't know the guidelines followed by the Belgian Royal House, but I would assume that, now that Philippe is King, Princess Elisabeth is no longer allowed to travel with him.

I don't know the guidelines followed by the Belgian Royal House, but I would assume that, now that Philippe is King, Princess Elisabeth is no longer allowed to travel with him.

What do mean that she is no longer allowed to travel with him? Does this also apply to the rest of the children?

:previous:

These pics are not from their arrival in Brazil, they were taken during a stopover in São Filipe, Cape Verde.

They arrived in Rio, Brazil at night time:

** lavenir.net: Le Roi et la Reine à Rio pour encourager les Diables (photos) ** belga gallery ** rtl.be video **

As mentioned yesterday, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde unveiled a new plaque at the "Avenida Rainha Elizabeth" (Queen Elizabeth Avenue, named after Queen Elizabeth of Belgium) and laid a wreath at the monument of King Albert I today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

** rj.gov.br: Nova placa da Avenida Rainha Elisabeth é inaugurada com a presença dos reis da Bélgica ** translation **

Last edited:
The King and Queen of the Belgians met with Prince Antonio and Princess Christine of Brazil today, during the ceremony at Avenue Rainha Elisabeth.

Princess Christine was born a Princess of Ligne, from the belgian Princely House of Ligne.

Galerias | Lu Lacerda | iG

The following article contains a video and a few more pics from yesterday:

** lesoir.be:Valse royale en quatre temps à Rio, avant le match des Diables contre la Russie ** translation **

And yesterday evening Philippe and Mathilde visited the Sugar Loaf place (Pao de Acucar):

** rtl.be video: Visite touristique à Rio de Janeiro pour le roi Philippe et la reine Mathilde **

Pics of Philippe and Mathilde attending the soccer match can be found here:

** Royals at the FIFA World Cup in Brazil; June 2014 **

Last edited:
The queen corrected her 'blunder' from the meeing in Brazil. In Brazil she congratulated the wrong player for scorin a goal; during the last meeting, she joked: this time I am able to conratulate you!' to Romelu Lukaku.

Mathilde zet blunder recht - HLN.be

:ermm:Not liking this dress, the print is very busy and draws attention to the dress, the dress is wearing her not the other way around. Wonder if this is a Nathan?

Lovely to see the kids again!
Shy the youngest one is so adorable :wub:

Looks like they had a relaxed fun family day out,its not everyday you'd see the King,Queen and children having a cycle through the capital.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the inauguration of the temporary pontoon bridge across the river Schelde near Steen Fortress, a reconstruction of the 1914 pontoon bridge, as part of the commemorations of the First World War, today, October 3, 2014.

** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

** deredactie.be video: Koninklijke paar steekt Antwerpse Scheldebrug over **

** standaard.be gallery: IN BEELD. Koning Filip en koningin Mathilde wandelen over de Schelde **

** 7sur7.be gallery: Le Roi et la Reine inaugurent le pont flottant provisoire à Anvers **

** sudinfo.be: La Reine Mathilde aux couleurs de la Flandre pour inaugurer le pont flottant à Anvers (photos) **

Last edited:

King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Princess Elsabeth attended a First World War commemoration, in Ploegsteert today, October 17. The Lichtfront illuminated the front line of 1914, with 8,400 torchbearers forming a human chain stretching about 84 kms along the line where the Western Front stood before battle.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** belga gallery ** standaard.be pics ** nieuws.vtm.be video **

** demorgen.be: Lichtfront: prinses Elisabeth leest eigen tekst voor ** translation **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom