King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:These titles the Κing gives them each year? And inherited to their children?

:previous:These titles the Κing gives them each year? And inherited to their children?

Most of the newly created titles of nobility are personal, non-hereditary titles. Therefore, they cannot be inherited by the children of the person who holds the title.

Sometimes the King may, however, "upgrade" a previous hereditary title that already existed, for example, when King Albert II raised all members of Mathilde's family to the rank of "count/countess" (previously, the head of the family was a baron and all other family members were only jonkheren ou jonkvrouwen, i.e. untitled nobility).

Reactions: eya
Thanks for the pictures.
The actual King and Queen host more and more at the Royal Palace which is in the center of Brussels.
The former King Albert II hosted in Laeken , he just had to cross the Road

Thanks for the pictures.
The actual King and Queen host more and more at the Royal Palace which is in the center of Brussels.

I'm glad they are doing it at the Royal Palace in Brussels. Given the circumstances, it becomes a sign of defiance against the terrorist threat over the city, even if the event in fact was already previously scheduled to take place at the Royal Palace anyway.

I agree with that too and I am glad the Kings use the royal palace more often that King Albert. I guess the days of King Albert would often be "empty".

Thanks for the pictures.

Yes King Albert has just to cross the road to host in Laeken, but King Phillip would not even have tot do that becouse he lives in the Laeken Palace. So maybe it is also done to keep is "private live" a bit more separate.:):ermm:

The King and Queen are in Ghent to watch the first day of the Davis cup final between Belgium and GB. The Duchess of Gloucester is also present in her role with the LTA

:previous:Thanks for the photos. There was not in official agenda this event and it was a nice surprise for me to see them there.

:previous:Thanks for the photos. There was not in official agenda this event and it was a nice surprise for me to see them there.

I was hoping to see them there and maybe also on Sunday for the final day and trophy presentation. It may not have been announced prior cause the heightened security as there was talk at the start of the week of the tie being postponed due to events in Belgium. The King and Queen do like watching tennis and have been to a few tennis tournaments before supporting Belgian players

The King and Queen are in Ghent to watch the first day of the Davis cup final between Belgium and GB. The Duchess of Gloucester is also present in her role with the LTA

Any pictures of the Duchess meeting the King and the Queen ? I'd love to see it, especially after the Duchess forgot (?) to curtsy to King Philippe, but curtsied to Queen Mathilde in a recent introductory visit to Buckingham Palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgH1f-o8H-4

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received the newly appointed suppliers holding a 'Royal warrant of appointment' in Brussels today, December 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Thanks Blog Real for this. How nice to make such visits with children. Beautiful work indeed!

Belgian diplomats were received by King Philippe and Queen Mathilde this morning, January 26, on the occasion of their yearly meeting in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
I like this pink dress, it fits her ver well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom