History of Princess Mathilde's Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that Koen, it is an intersting link indeed. I always thought that the family was originally Flemish but only went to Wallonia in the last generation(s) or so.

Princess Mathilde's maternal ancestors were the highest Polish nobility, including Counts Komorowski (the same family as Bronislaw Komorowski, the current President of Poland) and Princes Sapiecha.

Thanks for the information about Crown Princess Mathilde's family. It is nice to know that at least one royal family was fortunate to follow traditions and find an appropriate lady with noble bloodline.
The Polish nobility was known for being strict about their bloodlines.

Here we go again. Is Mathilde suitable because she is of noble "bloodline"? I'd rather say because she is what she is. Her family's story is quite interesting. But what about her immediate family? Fighting over money and heritage? Is it a suitable behaviour for those of "noble bloodline"???

Here we go again. Is Mathilde suitable because she is of noble "bloodline"? I'd rather say because she is what she is. Her family's story is quite interesting. But what about her immediate family? Fighting over money and heritage? Is it a suitable behaviour for those of "noble bloodline"???

Can you provide details about those fights? Never heard about that.

Fighting over money and heritage have been royal pastimes for hundreds of years. In some cases, it has saved royal houses. I'm for staying out of their "family business."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom