Economic Mission to China: 20/10/2011 - 29/10/2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
Prince Philip and princess Mathilde will be on economic mission to China from 20 to 29 October 2011. This mission is being organized by the Agency for Foreign Trade in close cooperation with the regional export promotion services (Flanders Investment & Trade, Invest and Awex and Brussels Export). Princess Mathilde's presence in Beijing.
She​
will mainly participate in events to promote the image of Belgium. The Minister of Foreign Affairs and several regional ministers join the Princes.
Monarchie

Crown Princess Mathilde and Crown Prince Philippe during a welcome briefing at the start of the Belgian
Economic Mission, in Beijing, on the first day of the Belgian Economic Mission to the People's Republic
of China, Friday 21 October 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery day 1 **

** nieuwsblad.be: FOTOSPECIAL. Prinses Mathilde in China **

** skynet.be video: Filip en Mathilde naar China **

** deredactie.be: Post op Twitter Belgian trade mission in China **

Last edited:
Princess Mathilde visited the Beijing Dance Academy.

PIC1 - PIC2 - PIC3

Prince Philippe had a meeting with the vice premier Wang Qishan.

PIC

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathilde looks quite nice so far and I'm really liking the effort she is putting into her hair, it looks really nice lately. Not sure what I think of those red heels, she is quite tall and can get away without such high heels.

Is there a detailed program me out on the trip?

:previous:

I've tried but haven't been able to find a programme..I remember a similar visit where we didn't
have detailed information either.

On today's agenda have also been a visit of CP Philippe and CP Mathilde to the Pavilion of Heralding
Spring of the Summer Palace in Beijing, Mathilde has attended the opening Ceremony of the Exhibition
'Belgian Architecture and Arts in China' at the architecture Design and Research Institute of Tsnghua
University in Beijing.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** belga gallery day 2 **(this time without day 1 it seems)

** nieuwsblad.be: Prinses Mathilde bezoekt tennisacademie van Henin en Rodriguez in Peking **

** hln.be: Prinses Mathilde bezoekt tennisacademie van Henin in China **

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
The economic mission to China appears to be successful. It comes as no surprise though. Crown Prince Phillipe and Crown Princess Mathilde are very seasoned in such missions. I am sure Crown Princely couple enjoyed interacting and conversing with the Chinese side.

Day 3 - October 23:

Mathilde and Philippe today made a tour of the Biennale and the Belgian Art Works at the CAFA
Art Museum in Beijing, Philippe attended a meeting and dinner of HNA at the Marriott Beijing
Northeast Hotel in Beijing.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** belga gallery day 3 **

Day 4 - October 24:

Today, Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde attended the launch of the Diamond Road
Show organised by the Antwerp World Diamond Centre (AWDC), ICBC and Arts & Crafts at the Great
Hall of the People, Tiananmen Square in Beijing.

Philippe had a meeting with the Vice-President of the PRC, Xi Jinping.

Mathilde also attended the inauguration of Beijing Epilepsy Patient Centre of Peking University First
Hospital-CAAE-UCB in Beijing and visited the Handicap international and One+One Radio Station.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

In the evening Mathilde and Philippe attended an official reception celebrating the 40th anniversary
of the diplomatic relations.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** belga gallery day 4 **

Last edited:
I like the little yellow band in the handbag, giving just a small touch of colour.

Mathilde will leave the economic mission today so that she will be home to celebrate the 10th birthday of her oldest daughter.

Day 5 - October 25:

Crown Prince Philippe attended a signing ceremony between the university of Antwerp and the Chongqing
university at the InterContinental Hotel in Chongqing.

** Pic ** belga gallery day 5 **

Day 6 - October 26:

Crown Prince Philippe has met with Huang Qifang, Mayor of Chongqing Chongqing and
continued his journey to Guangzhou for the next step of the mission.

** Pic ** belga gallery day 6 **

Day 7 - October 27:

Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium had a meeting at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Shenzhen and attended
a piano recital by Shen Wenyu, Queen Elisabeth Competition laureate at the Guangzhou Opera House.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery day 7 **

Day 8 - October 28:

Crown Prince Philippe attended a meeting with the Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG)
in Shangai and a demonstration of chocolate making at the Waldorf Astoria Club.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery day 8 **

Day 9 - October 29:

On the final day of the economic mission to China Crown Prince Philippe has visited the Xue Long,
Antarctic ice-breaker at the PRIC base in Shangai.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery day 9 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom