Death & Funeral of Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz, Father of Mathilde; Sept. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, it is so sad. Condolences to Mathilde and her family.

From royalblog.nl:

Father of Princess Mathildes passes away

Princess Mathilde and Prince Philip of Belgium announced on Thursday that Count Patrick d’Udekem d’Acoz, father of Princess Mathilde, passed away in Ottignies, aged 72.
The Count had been seriously ill since the beginning of this year, and remained in a coma for two weeks in April

Read the entire article here.

And for those who can read Dutch, royalblog has more information here and here (provided by Het Belang van Limburg)

My condolences to the princess and the rest of her family! Rest his soul.

My deepest sympathies to Countess Anna, Crown Princess Mathilde, her siblings and the entire family circle.

My condolences to the princess and the rest of her family

My sincere condolences to Mathilde, Philippe, the four little Princes and all Mathilde's Family.

My deepest and sincere sympathy for Crown Princess Mathilde and her family.

Is known when and where the funeral will be?

My condolensces to the the D'Udukem d'Acoz family.

The Funerals of Count Patrick are next Tuesday at 11 a.m. at Bastogne (St Peter's Church.).

Last edited by a moderator:
The activities of Princess MAthilde, Prince Philippe, Queen Paola and King Albert who were schedueled on monday and tueseday are cancelled or prosponed due to the funeral.

Message of Caterine on the Benelux royal message board

[FONT=verdana, arial]The funeral for Mathilde's father will be held at the Saint-Pierre church in Bastogne, on 30th September.

He will be burried at the cemetery of Lutrebois, a small village near Losange.
Patrick's body has been brought to the castle of Losange this afternoon. After the (presumable) stroke in August, he never returned home.

Last Friday Patrick' s conditioned deteriorated, and Mathilde and Philippe then cancelled their engagements.

According to a neighbour: "The last months he hardly spoke. From time to time he was conscious, he asked for his mother."
[/FONT]

My condolence to the Family, Count Patrick was Mathilde's biggest support

The activities of Princess MAthilde, Prince Philippe, Queen Paola and King Albert who were schedueled on monday and tueseday are cancelled or prosponed due to the funeral.

Well, thats as expected, but I would understand Mathilde taking more time.

I hope Crown Princess Mathilde will be allowed to take all time she needs to mourn her father's death. There will be no snide remarks about her being lazy or not doing enough for the monarchy.

Sad news
My condolence to CP Mathilde and to the family

My condoleances to the family, Zinzen

My condolence to Crown Princess Mathilde and to the family.

To lose a Father, be it an important person or just a normal one, is a terrible loss. I hope CP Mathilde will have the strength and faith recquired to bear this very sad event. I´m sure, she´ll have plenty of support from her family and also the consolation of her four gorgeous children.

My condolences for Mathilde and the D'Udukem d'Acoz family.

The loss of a beloved parent at any age is heartbreaking...condolences to CP Mathilde.

At least the poor Count is done with his pain and suffering.

I sorry to hear this. My condolences to the Matilde.

PPE Agency

I feel so sorry for Mathilde. It breaks my heart to see those pictures of her. My condolences to her and the family.:sad:

From Belga: here.

It seems princess Astrid, prince Laurent and princess Claire also attended. Does anybody know if count Raoul and count Henri d'Udekem d'Acoz were there too?

The count is burried on the same cemetary as his in-laws, Count Leon Komorovski and Princess Sophie Sapieha.
--
Before the funeral PPE took some pictures of the church, burial place and the castle Losanges: look here.

Last edited:
Elisabeth and Gabriel are presents to the funerals...

I've just seen the images on TV Mathilde's mother seems to have aged terribly with this ordeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom