Danish Crown Princely Couple Visit Brussels: January 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Official announcement from kongehuset.dk

TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess visit the EU Council's Justus Lipsius Building in Brussels and participate in official opening concert on the occasion of Denmark's takeover of EU presidency pm. 16.45.

Thursday, 26 January 2012 marked the official in Brussels that Denmark has assumed the presidency of the European Union.

Crown Princess is present at the opening concert, which also has the participation of the Belgian Crown-Prince Couple.

At the concert entertains DR Big Band accompanied by vocal soloist Sinne Eeg and trumpet soloist Gerard Presencer. Europe Minister Nicolai Wammen welcome.

Royal Couple will earlier in the day also inspect the artistic decoration in the Justus Lipsius Council building, as chairman of the country traditionally decorates a six-month period. The Danish decoration presents a mix of established design icons and works of the younger generation of Danish artists.

Isn't this event happening like right now?

Looking forward to the pics of the concert tonight with Philippe, Mathilde, frederik, and Mary.

Looking forward to the pics of the concert tonight with Philippe, Mathilde, frederik, and Mary.

Yes can't wait. Is this the second official visit (not birthday event) the couple attend in Belgium?

Visit of Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark : President Herman Van Rompuy with HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark 26-01-2012 - Brussels, Belgium - Picture Gallery

Didn't the Crown Couple had their own website? or is on the Queen website now? I thought their information aboutthistrip would bethere or am i confused?

Yes can't wait. Is this the second official visit (not birthday event) the couple attend in Belgium?

Visit of Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark : President Herman Van Rompuy with HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark 26-01-2012 - Brussels, Belgium - Picture Gallery

Thank you, Dazzling :flowers:

The man standing next to Mary is the Minister for Europe, Nikolai Wammen.
- He may be worth keeping an eye on. As future PM in Denmark or a high ranking position within the EU.

Didn't the Crown Couple had their own website? or is on the Queen website now? I thought their information aboutthistrip would bethere or am i confused?

Its linked to the main website now.

Sweet picture :)

Attachments

• 32854161.jpg
    32854161.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 295
I don't think it is boring so much...It looks like the dress requirement, Mathilde is wearing something similar, in terms of length, fabric, but Mary just chose to wear a frock-coat over her dress which might be more suited to a daytime event and not a evening concert?

They all seem very close as far as Royalty is concerned.

I love that picture of Mathilde and Mary hugging. They must be really good friends, also since Mathilde is Isabella's godmother. This is so sudden, I didn't have the slightest idea that they were going down there.

I love that picture of Mathilde and Mary hugging. They must be really good friends, also since Mathilde is Isabella's godmother. This is so sudden, I didn't have the slightest idea that they were going down there.

It was already announced several weeks ago on the websites of both couples. If you didn't knew it must be a very nice suprise :flowers:

Last edited:
I would've thought that Mary would be in a more cocktail outfit for this event but nevertheless she looked great minus the hair. Mathilde looked ok. In some pictures which was quite sweet, Mary & Mathilde had a good giggle laugh.
Thank you for all the pictures & videos.

What a boring appearance of Mary in Belgium today.

Boring in what respect?! I haven´t seen such an elegant appearance of a princess for a long time! Have seen a report on my telly about it today and this cream coloured coat with crystal stars applications scattered upon it is simply lovely!

The really exciting thing about this trip has to be that after four children & nearly turning 40 the Princess can still fit into a suit worn back in 2005. Amazing especially as the body tends to change so much over the years especially after babies. Princesses do very well with this. Look at Prss Anne wearing a dress last year or the year before that she first wore in 1981. These Ladies certainly know how to look after there figures.

The picture of the two couples are very sweet! I love the way Mary and Fred looked at each other in some pictures.

A couple of details from Billed Bladet #05, 2012.
Supplied by our correspondent in Belgium, Anna Johannesen.

DK has just taken over the chairmanship of the Euroean Union and as such M&F went to Belgium with the Danish Minister for Europe, Nikolai Wammen.

In the council hall, Justus Lipsius, (Mary in green) M&F were recieved by the chairman of the European Council, Herman van Rompuy.
Danish artists had decorated the two floor building.

As DK is to chair the European Union for the next six months, it was M&F who recieved the Belgian CP-couple at the concert hall. And as such the flowergirl was Danish as well. The eight year old Louise.
The dress Mary wore at this occasion is from Prada.

At the concert hall the DR1 Big Band orchestra entertained 750 guests present.

Among the tunes the band played was this oldie. Take it Easy, by Leo Mathisen.
(I believe it was called swing back in the 30's)
Leo Mathisen. Take it easy boy...... - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom