The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Danish Crown Princely Couple Visit Brussels: January 26, 2012

Official announcement from kongehuset.dk

Quote:
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess visit the EU Council's Justus Lipsius Building in Brussels and participate in official opening concert on the occasion of Denmark's takeover of EU presidency pm. 16.45.

Thursday, 26 January 2012 marked the official in Brussels that Denmark has assumed the presidency of the European Union.

Crown Princess is present at the opening concert, which also has the participation of the Belgian Crown-Prince Couple.

At the concert entertains DR Big Band accompanied by vocal soloist Sinne Eeg and trumpet soloist Gerard Presencer. Europe Minister Nicolai Wammen welcome.

Royal Couple will earlier in the day also inspect the artistic decoration in the Justus Lipsius Council building, as chairman of the country traditionally decorates a six-month period. The Danish decoration presents a mix of established design icons and works of the younger generation of Danish artists.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Isn't this event happening like right now?

Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Isn't this event happening like right now?
Yes it is.
Here is the first picture from CPMB
Old 01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Looking forward to the pics of the concert tonight with Philippe, Mathilde, frederik, and Mary.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Looking forward to the pics of the concert tonight with Philippe, Mathilde, frederik, and Mary.
Yes can't wait. Is this the second official visit (not birthday event) the couple attend in Belgium?

Visit of Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark : President Herman Van Rompuy with HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark 26-01-2012 - Brussels, Belgium - Picture Gallery
Old 01-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Didn't the Crown Couple had their own website? or is on the Queen website now? I thought their information aboutthistrip would bethere or am i confused?
Old 01-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Yes can't wait. Is this the second official visit (not birthday event) the couple attend in Belgium?

Visit of Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark : President Herman Van Rompuy with HRH Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark 26-01-2012 - Brussels, Belgium - Picture Gallery
Thank you, Dazzling

The man standing next to Mary is the Minister for Europe, Nikolai Wammen.
- He may be worth keeping an eye on. As future PM in Denmark or a high ranking position within the EU.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Didn't the Crown Couple had their own website? or is on the Queen website now? I thought their information aboutthistrip would bethere or am i confused?
Its linked to the main website now.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are the first picture galleries of the concert this evening:

** ppe gallery ** belga gallery ** isopix gallery **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** AP/daylife gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Crown Prince Frederik Of Denmark And Princess Mary Of Denmark Attend Concert.. **
Old 01-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Courtier

What a boring appearance of Mary in Belgium today.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

Sweet picture :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32854161.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	282926  
Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Courtier

I don't think it is boring so much...It looks like the dress requirement, Mathilde is wearing something similar, in terms of length, fabric, but Mary just chose to wear a frock-coat over her dress which might be more suited to a daytime event and not a evening concert?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

They all seem very close as far as Royalty is concerned.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

I love that picture of Mathilde and Mary hugging. They must be really good friends, also since Mathilde is Isabella's godmother. This is so sudden, I didn't have the slightest idea that they were going down there.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I love that picture of Mathilde and Mary hugging. They must be really good friends, also since Mathilde is Isabella's godmother. This is so sudden, I didn't have the slightest idea that they were going down there.
It was already announced several weeks ago on the websites of both couples. If you didn't knew it must be a very nice suprise
Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Love this picture of PPE
Old 01-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
It was already announced several weeks ago on the websites of both couples. If you didn't knew it must be a very nice suprise
Oh, I'm so slow then (the story of my life). Thank you for clearing that out

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I would've thought that Mary would be in a more cocktail outfit for this event but nevertheless she looked great minus the hair. Mathilde looked ok. In some pictures which was quite sweet, Mary & Mathilde had a good giggle laugh.
Thank you for all the pictures & videos.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

more picture galleries
CONSILIUM - Photographic Library