Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
:doh: I made an error (not to anyone's surprise I am sure :p ). The Swedish royal family is on a state visit to Belgium and not the other way round! Sorry for the mix-up! :wacko:

Julia

The Crown Princess...

Attachments

• Belgium.jpg
    Belgium.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 535
Another of Mathilde....

Attachments

• Belgium2.jpg
    Belgium2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 634
Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium gets a little help from Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden :)

Attachments

• BelgiumSweden.jpg
    BelgiumSweden.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 560
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread part 1

Please post pictures of Crown Prince Phillippe and Crown Princess Mathilde here. Remember, this is a picture thread, therefore please don't post pictures of current events here.

Due to bandwidth problems, please don't post pics directly onto the forum. Please use imageshack, photobucket or any other photo hosting program. Remember, pics posted directly to the forum will be deleted, so keep that in mind.

Again, please credit the source for the pictures or they will be deleted.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to ask, but is it really necessary to create another thread next to the thread with news and pictures part 7?
If you want to create a space where you can see the most beautiful pictures, there is photo-gallery also here at the royal forums.

martha-louise said:
I'm sorry to ask, but is it really necessary to create another thread next to the thread with news and pictures part 7?
If you want to create a space where you can see the most beautiful pictures, there is photo-gallery also here at the royal forums.

The picture galleries are specifically for official or special occasion images. Many members, of note in the Belgian forums but at other forums, too, have been posting many images of older events which have been "cluttering" up news threads. The picture threads, such as this one, are specifically for that purpose.

A photo from 2000, Philippe and Mathilde in Brussels on their way to see Belgian couturier Yves Dooms (who created Mathilde'e dress for the engagement party and dinner). Corbis.

Last edited:
From Isopix, with the kind help of Jelka.

Mathilde at a dinner for the governement hosted by the RF. (spring 2003)

Small correction Hannelore, the dinner was not in the spring, but on November 11th, 2003.

what are your favirite photo with the two of them togather

Filip and Mathilde at the new year's reception at the royal palace, December 18, 2003. photos from Isopix, with Jelka's kind help.

Hannelore said:
Filip and Mathilde at the new year's reception at the royal palace, December 18, 2003. photos from Isopix, with Jelka's kind help.

and some more from this occasion

23 Dec. 2003

Princess Mathilde visits daycare centre Crescendo in Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe. Crescendo is a daycare centre where deaf and hard of hearing children are taken care of together with children who have a normal hearing. With this visit, princess Mathilde wanted to emphasize the importance of the continuous support and help for children with hearing problems, from a very early age on.

As a speach therapist, she also worked with deaf children.

Because it was nearly Christmas, Santa was present too :):)

Photos: Isopix, with Jelka's kind help.

http://img446.imageshack.us/my.php?image=preview83ri.jpg http://img446.imageshack.us/my.php?image=preview98lp.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful photographs; I had never seen any of them before, and it's always great to see something new and different. Princess Mathilde is one of my favorite royals, along with Princess Mary of Denmark.

Filip & Mathilde at the international textile fair in Frankfurt (Germany), 14 Jan. 2004.

They visited the Belgian textile stands.

Photos : Isopix, with a big thanks to Jelka.

Hannelore said:
Filip & Mathilde at the international textile fair in Frankfurt (Germany), 14 Jan. 2004.

They visited the Belgian textile stands.

Photos : Isopix, with a big thanks to Jelka.

Princess Mathilde are elegant and beautiful!;) She doing a fantasic job.Thanks for the photos.:)

Great pictures, Catherine. For some reason I love that photo of them on the train with, perhaps, their advisers? Thanks.

29 Jan. 2004

Princess Mathilde and Mrs. Annan receive a delegation of youngsters at the palace of Laken for the launch of the Unicef campaign "What do you think ?"

Mathilde (and mrs Annan too of course) is very active in the domain of children's rights, and nominated as special Unicef ambassador.

(Isopix, sent to me by Jelka)

Young Filip training to become an F16 pilote (ANP)

is Phillippe a skilled pilot? Does he still fly?

Emily said:
is Phillippe a skilled pilot? Does he still fly?

Yes, he's an F16 pilote and still flies now and then at the military base. He also has a helicopter (in a garage behind the castle of Laeken :)) that he flies himself. When Elisabeth was born a journalist asked him if he had been nervous during the delivery, he answered "No, I'm a pilote, I'm don't easily get nervous" Yeah yeah ;)

There are some other princes like prince Charles and Andrew of England, who knows how to fly. But they are only roost-pilotes, that mean that they never did a flight alone. Our prince is a real pilote, he flought an Alpha-jet, Mirage and F16. He did 30 solo-flights. So in fact he was a real professional. But because now he doesn't fly enough to get to the limited minimum of flight hours, he only flies togheter with another pilote. That means that another pilote gets the plane in the air, and that Philippe does all the rest.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
When Elisabeth was born a journalist asked him if he had been nervous during the delivery, he answered "No, I'm a pilote, I'm don't easily get nervous" Yeah yeah ;)

Yeah, he showed off a bit at the conference of Elisabeth :) while he was almost crying in front of the journalist after Emmanuels birth. Men... :cool:

Lol!! Love your comments :):):)

21 Jan. 2004

New years reception at the royal palace for the chairman and vice chairman of the European Parliament; the chairman, vice chairman and members of the European Commission; the permanent European representants and other, lesser known branches of the EU, which I won't bore you with enumerating here :)

pics : isopix via Jelka!

http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=preview107km.jpg

Hannelore said:
Lol!! Love your comments :):):)

21 Jan. 2004

New years reception at the royal palace for the chairman and vice chairman of the European Parliament; the chairman, vice chairman and members of the European Commission; the permanent European representants and other, lesser known branches of the EU, which I won't bore you with enumerating here :)

pics : isopix via Jelka! http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=preview92ij.jpg

Back
Top Bottom