Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Emily said:
Oh, Catherine -- those are just lovely photos. Thank you for posting them. I did chuckle a little over the "fashion" of the female royals at that remembrance service -- I am guessing that was early in Mathilde's tenure as a royal because they all seem to have "spruced up" alot!

Yes that was a day of combined unfortunate choices :)

Haha, they're standing there like a footballteam waiting for the free shot to come

point de vue

1.Philippe & Mathilde with Felipe of Spain in Bruges for a retrospective of the Flemish painters in the XV and XVI century.
2. Philippe & Mathilde baptize a new trimaran
3. Mathilde goes gliding.

Last edited:
Catherine - When was Felipe in Bruges? I've never even heard of that visit.

Oh yahoo, Catherine! I was just about to sign off. Great photos and I especially like those of Mathilde and Masako. Given all that is transpiring in Japan these days, I sure wish I could ask Mathilde if she is lending a sympathetic ear to that Crown Princely couple!

yes, let's hope she can bring a bit of support. I always heard the Belgian and Japanese crownprinces are friends, so their wives will be as well I suppose. Elisabeth and Aiko are only a month or so apart, it would be great if they could grow up as friends...

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
yes, let's hope she can bring a bit of support. I always heard the Belgian and Japanese crownprinces are friends, so their wives will be as well I suppose. Elisabeth and Aiko are only a month or so apart, it would be great if they could grow up as friends...
Agreed about the two girls and both raised by such conscientious parents. And I think Naruhito and Philippe must be fairly close in age. I can't recall their exact ages but I think both are around 46?

1. Philippe and Mathilde in Paris at the baptism of Niccolo, second son of their friend Archduchess Catharina of Austria and her husband count Massimo Secco d'Aragona.
2. Mathilde at the senate for a special session of the "children's parliament"
3. Mathilde visits the seapreventorium in De Haan, where children with severe overweight learn to live with a new diet and lifestyle.
4. Visit to Oudenaarde.

(point de vue)

The first picture looks like taken straight from Top Gun:eek: :D :D :D :cool:

I don't know how to post pictures, first try. From Seegerpress online.

Attachments

• rat4yg_th.jpg
    rat4yg_th.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,133
  • rat5l1_th.jpg
    rat5l1_th.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:

From Seegerpress-online.

From Seegerpress-online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melbourne

Shopping in Marta

No idea about this one.

Credits: Seergepress-online and Fotobanka.

From point de vue

1,2&3. 25th year of the special aviation day for handicapped children, in Deurne.
4,5,6. Philippe & Mathilde at Labyrinthus, a corn labyrint in Durbuy.
7,8,9. Mathilde at the William Lennox neurological centre in Ottignies.

Summer holidays in the South of France (2002) for Mathilde, Philippe & Elisabeth who were there with their Luxemburg cousins

(point de vue)

2. Philippe, Mathilde & prince Guillaume of Luxemburg (falling of the photo)
4. Elisabeth's nanny, Elisabeth, Mathilde, princess Margaretha of Luxemburg and her brother grandduke Henri of Luxemburg

The same summer, holidays in Galicia (Spain). On these photos you can also see archduke Carl Christian of Austria, husband of Philippe's cousin Marie Astrid of Luxemburg.

Story

And Carl Christian is Lorenz's cousin isn't he?
Everything stays in the family:D :D :D

1. Philippe and Mathilde at the diamond bourse in Antwerp. They received a diamond for Elisabeth, with her name ingraved in it.
2. Mathilde bapizing a new ship
3. On economic mission in New Zealand
4. Awarding the princess Mathilde prize

(point de vue)

Wow! Where was that second photo taken? I don't recall seeing that hat before and it is cute!

The pictures of Mathilde and Elisabeth on the beach are so cute !
The one where Mathilde is taking of photo of Elisabeth is so adorable :eek:

Catherine, you manage to get photos or answers to questions every time! Thank you for these pictures. I haven't seen them before. The coat looks similar to the one she wore in London a while back but the hat I don't think I've ever seen. I love browns on her.

point de vue

1. with participants of the Unicef conference "Children, actors of change"
2. a visit to the federal ombudsmen
3. At La Bastide, a revalidation center
4. new year's reception

Lovely photos, Catherine. Thank you. I am curious what a revalidation center is -- is that for teenage people?

Back
Top Bottom