Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from Eastnews

1 & 2. Princess Mathilde's first joyeuse entrée, to Brussels, 1999
4. In London, 2000
7. state visit to South Corea, 2000
9. economic mission to Thailand, 2000
10. In Paris, 2000.

Eastnews

1. at the queen Elisabeth competition, 2001
2. on holiday in France, summer 2001
3,4,5,6 & 7. economic mission to Malaysia, 2002
8 & 9. With Belgian youngsters in New York for a UN congress, 2002.
10. Danish state visit to Belgium

Are there more pictures of Phillippe and Mathilde back in the days when they were dating?
And when did the Belgian press found out about their relationship?

Great photographs, Catherine! It is interesting to see how she has lightened her hair and adapted a pulled back hairstyle that gives more width on the sides. On a different note - I love the photo where she is in her stocking feet talking with those children -- how sensitive and lovely.

I'm glad you like them, here are some more (from Eastnews)

1 & 2. Visit to the "Zeepreventorium", a sanatorium for children at the Belgian coast
3,4,5 & 6. Mathilde goes gliding
7,8 & 9. Mathilde visits a primary school in Flanders

1,2 & 3. Economic mission to Australia
4. economic mission to California, visiting the university of Stanford where Philippe studied
5. Mathilde visits a school in Antwerp
6 & 7. Humanitarian mission to Niger
8. Finnish state visit to Belgium
9. Exposition in Brussels
10. Philippe at the press conference after Elisabeth was born

1. Awarding the 1st princess Mathilde prize to a daycare center for deaf children
2. economic visit to Malaysia
3. with Elisabeth in the park of the castle of Laeken
4. Danish state visit to Belgium
5. economic mission to India
6. wedding day
7. economic mission to Japan
8. reception at the palace

1. Launching a Unicef campaign in Brussels
2. concert at the royal palace
3. Swedish state visit to Belgium
4. dinner on a ship in the harbour of Antwerp
5. present for their 1st child at a meeting for a unicef campaign
6. Mathilde at a workmeeting on breastcancer
7 & 8. at an exhibition of modern art.

Wow that's a great selection of pictures! There are some really beautiful I've never seen before. Many thanks Cathérine!

Thank you very much for posting the beautiful pictures, Cathérine. They are lovely!

Yes, yes, thanks, Catherine! The pictures are quite lovely...I've never seen any of them. :)

It was a visit to William Lennox Neurological Centre - I am assuming in Belgium?

Leanne

yes it is a very beautiful photo of Mathilde !!!!! :)

On the 10th of May 2005 HRH princess Mathilde paid a workvisit to the confidence center for child abuse in Antwerp.
The princess attended a.o. a team meeting and had a private conversation with a minor who had been victim of sexual violence.

During these moments the emphasis was on the importance for these children to be believed and to get recognition for the abuse they have been through, both by their direct environment as by the abuser, who's often a close family member.
The princess was very impressed by the courage and resilliance that the children and their families show when they are looking for a solution for their problems.

She talked about the necessity of assistance to the families but remarked at the same time that there are difficulties to get people to talk about and recognize their problems, to accept help.

As a thanks for her visit and implication, she received a silver pin that represents a broken figure. It's the logo of all the confidence centers in Flanders and it symbolizes the vulnerability and hurt of the children who are victims of abuse and violence in their family.

With this visit the princess wished to encourage all families who seek help to stop the violence in their midst.

photos : Nicky Cleuren, Kira Haazen

Last edited:
March 16,2004. Filip & Mathilde visit the region Zulte-Deinze. (Isopix, thanks to Jelka's help).

Pictures from Isopix

Last edited by a moderator:
1. the picture the kids are holding up here is was the christmas photo Mathilde & Filip sent to wellwishers that year.

Pictures from Isopix

Pictures from Isopix

Hannelore said:
1. the picture the kids are holding up here is was the christmas photo Mathilde & Filip sent to wellwishers that year.

I've seen these pictures at Rex Features, and have always wondered about this specific picture. But since I don't have an account I've never been able to enlarge the picture, so I've never been able to see the picture 'up-close', and to see the picture the kids are holding up. So thank you very much Hannelore for posting the picture (and thank you too Jelka):), and thank you for the explanation regarding the picture the kids are holding up.

Paris Match and Point de Vue, Hola

1. In Thailand, 2000
2. Taking Elisabeth home after her birth, 2001
3-9. In Malaysia, 2002
10. remembrance mass for the deceased members of the RF, 2002

Last edited:
point de vue

The handing out of the first princess Mathilde prize that went to the Flemish children day care center De Tuimel, in 2001. De Tuimel helps parents and small children who have gone through difficult times to get back together and gain each other's confindence again.

point de vue

Mathilde visits medical pediatric center Clairs Vallons in Ottignies, specialized in children with depressions, 2002

Oh, Catherine -- those are just lovely photos. Thank you for posting them. I did chuckle a little over the "fashion" of the female royals at that remembrance service -- I am guessing that was early in Mathilde's tenure as a royal because they all seem to have "spruced up" alot!

point de vue

1&2. Philippe & Mathilde at a Nato gala dinner to celebrate the 35th year of the Nato's European HQ in Brussels.
3. Spanish state visit to Belgium, 2000.
4. Expecting Elisabeth, 2001.
5,6,7. Visit to Enghien, 2002.

Back
Top Bottom