Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The same day, princess Mathilde also visited the Museum of Music Instruments in Brussels. the Museum is located in a fantasic art nouveau building and has a large collection of ancient and modern instruments. There's also a 'corner' for children, where they learn more about the instruments in a playful manner and can try them out themselves.

In one of the pics you see Mathilde looking at a bunch of miniature statues of musicians. They were donated to the museum by her family...

(isopix)

http://www.mim.fgov.be/

preview141cp.jpg
preview139mo.jpg
preview124ls.jpg

all images by isopix

Last edited:
Hannelore -- That last set of photos -- is it from today? I can't imagine it is but since purple seems to be a popular choice among the royals this fall it has made me wonder.

No, all the pics where she's wearing the blue (or purple or whatever) outfit are from January 24, 2004.

18 Jan. 2004

New years reception for the Belgian government at the royal palace.
isopix, via Jelka.

4 Dec. 2003. Filip in the harbour of Antwerp for the passing of the symbolic 10 millionth container. Which he got to open and tada... if it isn't a container full of champagne ;)

Pics Isopix, courtesy Jelka.

Hannelore said:
Each year on the 4th Dec. (wedding anniversary of Filip & mathilde) the princess Mathilde prize is awarded. Each year there's a different theme, and in 2003 it was "Jong geweld : op de tweesprong tussen kortsluiting en aansluiting". The first three awards of the Prize (2001-2003) sought to strengthen the position of vulnerable children and young people.
The winner was the vzw JONG from Gent.

All pics Iso via Jelka

If anyone cares, the prize is 9.000 € and all the publicity of course. It originates from the financial donations made for their wedding.

Do you mean the 9,000E comes from funds received/invested from monies donated at the time of their wedding? What a fantastic idea. Do you suppose December 4th will be the first time we see Princess Mathilde following Emmanuel's birth?

Emily said:
Do you mean the 9,000E comes from funds received/invested from monies donated at the time of their wedding?

Yes.

What a fantastic idea. Do you suppose December 4th will be the first time we see Princess Mathilde following Emmanuel's birth?

I hope it will be a bit sooner. Each year on the 15th of November king's feast is celebrated (the day the Belgian dynasty is celebrated), I'm hoping Mathilde will be present too...

18 Jan. 2004
New years reception for the representants of NATO and SHAPE and their husbands and wives (yes, January is an ongoing new years reception for the RF:D ). Mathilde wore this Armani coat that I was so jealous off...I found something similar at Zara, but I just looked like I had thrown on an old rug :( :eek: . Aahhhh...If I was a princess, I know where I'd be shopping, and it woudn't be Zara!

Pics from Isopix, with Jelka's kind help.

preview6wr.jpg

29 March 2004

Princess Mathilde visits the IBIS sailor school in Bredene. This school is a special one, where children coming from a "difficult family situation and negative life experiences" (as the official words are) are trained to become sailors and fishermen. The school was founded in 1906 by king Albert I (Filip's greatgrandfather).

She got acquainted with all aspects of the school and had lunch with the boys! I think she stole a few hearts that day ;)

(Isopix, provided by Jelka)

Filip & Mathilde incognito, shopping in Gent.

(Royals)

When was the "incognito" photo taken? I understand not many of these are taken in Belgium but I sure do love to see them!

Emily said:
When was the "incognito" photo taken? I understand not many of these are taken in Belgium but I sure do love to see them!

I *think* 2002. This particular pic was taken by someone just walking in the street and noticing them, it was sold to magazines later. Yes, pics like these are very rare in Belgium. I love seeing them too - I admit it :) - but on the other hand I think it's great Belgian press/people still have the decency to leave them alone.

I remember pics from just after their wedding, they were on a romantic weekend in Paris and the French press had gotten wind of it. It were pics of a relaxed couple strolling through the streets with their arms around eachother, and a few with Mathilde turning around and giving the photographer a very filthy look :)

Mathilde and Philippe in Havanna, pre engagement (Gamma)

Another old picture of Mathilde I think it must before her engagement, is that her sister with her? (hola)

A funny picture of Philipe and Mathilde:D I again dont know the occation or date though (hola)

Mathilde visiting St. Ormond Street childrens home, with a shy flowerboy and working very hard to keep her long legs in a modest position:D
pictures by T.Rooke

Last edited:
Yes, I agree, Hannelore -- I enjoy the photos but not the cost to their privacy. Great pictures!

Real coool pictures:cool: !!I thoroughly enjoyed them,but as Emily said,we should also keep in mind their privacy,shouldn't we?But all said 'n done,they are absolutely cool!!!
P.S.-The above are my opinions only and my apologies if anybody was offended in any manner by them

All photos from before her engagement

1. This was taken when she accompanied handicapped people on pilgrimage to Lourdes, charity as a member of the order of Malta.
2 & 3. As a backpack traveller in Egypt and Soudan.
4. As a backpack traveller, to India, Nepal and Tibet.
6. As a student.

(RTBF)

:) Thank you Hannelore, the pictures are so beautiful. She are elegant at all her events!;)

Thank you also Hannelore for posting the photos from Isopix - they are wonderful. I really enjoy seeing photos that haven't been posted before.:)

Photos from Roba.
A visit Philippe & Mathilde made to Genk in the Flemish province Limburg. I think it was in 2003.

The people in the hospital were donating blood .

I wonder what they are saying to one another in the fourth photo of post #54?!

Emily said:
I wonder what they are saying to one another in the fourth photo of post #54?!

Perhaps:

Mathilde: "You have a little foam here".

Philippe: "Oh. Thanks. Glad I'm wasn't facing the camera with that on my face".

:D:D:D:D Well, perhaps something completely different was said.

Btw thank you to everyone who've posted pictures in this thread.:) They're absolutely wonderful, and a great joy to look at.:)

Thanks to Catherine and rchainho for the photos.....I'm going through a bit of withdrawal here to get new, news of Mathilde's activities! Looking forward to next week.....

Back
Top Bottom