Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 19

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressing to hear, Lina RdC! :) About Mathilde I'm not sure, but as to her family background I can easily imagine
that she had some ballet lessons in her childhood and youth.

Crown Prince Philippe, Crown Princess Mathilde and Vice-Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Didier Reynders arrived in
Bujumbura, Burundi, today, June 1, 2012. They will represent Belgium at the commemoration ceremony for the 50th
anniversary of the independence of Burundi on July 2nd.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** hln.be gallery: Zo kijkt de prinses als ze niet poseert **

Last edited:

Mathilde and Philippe stayed another day in Burundi. Today, July 3, they've visited the 'Village Imuhira' in Rutegama, Burundi, a project that aims to help to find solutions against poverty in Burundi especially concerning children, orphans, uneducated teens and victims of the Burundi Civil War. And they've had a meeting with the second vice president of Burundi.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** belga gallery 2 **

** nieuwsblad.be: FOTOSPECIAL. Prins Filip wordt drummer **

Last edited:
has it been announced when the crown princely family will have their annual summer photoshoot? cant wait to see this beautiful family^^

Last edited:
They are lucky to have wonderful holidays by their own and don’t have to go to Chateauneuf de Grasse .

I just love when Mathilde wears bright colors, those suit her so well, specially knowing Philippe's penchant for grey suits :D (I love him just the same but when he branchs out he ends up wearing a yellow suit or red pants, has to know how to move from one style to the next :lol: ), makes her look vibrant, real and more beautiful than she already is :flowers:

Thanks Iceflower ,
Standing Ovation for our Prime Minister Elio di Rupo who educated in Italian did a Dutch speech .

You are most welcome, maria-olivia!

Yesterday evening, September 11, Crown Prince Philippe and Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo attended a 2014 World Cup qualifying soccer match between Belgium and Croatia at the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Thanks for the pics, iceflower :flowers:

Vincent Kompany is awesome, Belgium has got another great squad with the likes of him, Courtois, Hazard and Vermaelen, I think Philippe is thrilled to see the Red Devils doing well (although this match wasn't their best, still Croatia is a strong rival)

Thanks again for the pics iceflower :flowers:

Does anyone know the difference between commando and para-commando? I know Philippe has a red beret from the second one but I don't know why they are different.

Thanks again for the pics iceflower :flowers:

Does anyone know the difference between commando and para-commando? I know Philippe has a red beret from the second one but I don't know why they are different.
I'm no military expert at all but I think it's more or less the same, just another way to name it. Para commando is the description that was chosen in Belgium since the unit was a fusion of parachutist and commando troops.
Here's a Wikipedia entry:
Immediate Reaction Cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"clean cut" handsome royal family. A pleasure to see pictures of them.

I'm no military expert at all but I think it's more or less the same, just another way to name it. Para commando is the description that was chosen in Belgium since the unit was a fusion of parachutist and commando troops.
Here's a Wikipedia entry:
Immediate Reaction Cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you so much! :flowers: Now that I think of it, I remember a vid of Philippe in the military, running when he was training to be a para-commando and then they showed him in a parachute :)

Crown Princess Mathilde has made a visit to the College Saint-Hubert in Watermael-Boitsfort/Watermaal-Bosvoorde, Brussels for a debate on literacy in Europe on September 17, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** ec.europa.eu gallery **

Yesterday, September 16, Mathilde, Philippe and the kids viewed the animations around Place des Palais and Royal Park
that were part of the car free Sunday in Brussels:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Philippe and his bright colored pants :D I've seen him wearing yellow, red, orange, now purple :lol:

I know he should stray from gray suits every now and then but this is taking it to an extreme :lol:

Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde attend a Gala for the King Baudouin Foundation at Kortrijk Expo Hallen on September 20, 2012.

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

FIVE

I'm still mourning the loss of Philippe's beard but since he's lost weight, he's looking very good :wub:

Mathilde looking great as usual, they are such a handsome couple :flowers:

Last edited:
They look fantastic. What a dream team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom