Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 18

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

You don't need to be registered to read those article and browse through the galleries,
in case that's been your question?! You can click on the pictures to enlarge them and
you can translate them via google (example for this article), I haven't seen any English
version of this site yet.

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde during a visit of the Casa Hogar responsibles to the Palace
of Laeken in Brussels, Friday 02 September 2011. Casa Hogar was founded 25 years ago in Mexico
by the Royal Belgian Football Association after the 1986 World Cup took place there.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Three highquality pics can be found here:

** Helgens bilder… **

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Elisabeth and Crown Prince Philippe attended the inauguration
of the Kinderziekenhuis Prinses Elisabeth/Hopital des Enfants Princesse Elisabeth/Children's Hospital
Princess Elisabeth of the "Universitair Ziekenhuis Gent" in Gent, Wednesday 07 September 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** ppe gallery **

** nieuwsblad.be: Prinses Elisabeth opent nieuw kinderziekenhuis dat haar naam draagt in UZ Gent **

** standaard.be: FOTOSPECIAL. Eerste officiële optreden prinses Elisabeth **

Wonderful pictures without watermarks can also be found here:

** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Last edited:

Thanks a lot for the video links, stephanievl!

Her speech has been so cute, lovely how she tried to speak without her notes :)
freely translated it said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am very happy that I can give my name to this new children's hospital today.
Together with you, I hope that many children will find help here.
I know they can count on your daily commitment.
The Children's Hospital Princess Elisabeth now gets a special place in my heart.

** monarchie.be ** svenskdam pics ** dutchphotopress pics **

I noticed that she looked seven times into her notes.

But it's understandable - first speech is always very stressful, even for the adult person, let alone for a 10-year old child.

Just think of the large number of adults with decades of experience who do it not a quarter as good as she did..;)

Today, September 8, Crown Prince Philippe has received Hong Kong Chief Executive Donald Tsang
for a meeting at the Laeken Royal Palace in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery ** belga **

I noticed that she looked seven times into her notes.

But it's understandable - first speech is always very stressful, even for the adult person, let alone for a 10-year old child.

Just think of the large number of adults with decades of experience who do it not a quarter as good as she did..;).

I thinks she did it very good. :flowers:
She is just a child and then speaking in front of a room with so many press people focussing only on you. For the first time this was excellent.

Exactly my thoughts :flowers:

Princess Mathilde attended the opening of Volunteer Village/Village du Volontariat/Dorp van de
Vrijwilligers organised by the European Youth Forum at the European Parliament in Brussels,
Thursday 08 September 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4** belga gallery ** gettyimages/daylife **

And two more galleries/articles from yesterday:

** purepeople: La princesse Elisabeth, 9 ans, fait la fierté de Philippe et Mathilde **

** hola: Matilde de Bélgica le enseña a su hija Elisabeth el oficio de princesa ** gallery **

Last edited:
I liked to see the princess in his first official act!
It seemed to me very well, good posture, she is very beautiful... I think I am repeating myself but I she still reminds me a lot to her grandmother, the Queen. I would like to see them together :)

Last edited:
freely translated it said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am very happy that I can give my name to this new children's hospital today.
Together with you, I hope that many children will find help here.
I know they can count on your daily commitment.
The Children's Hospital Princess Elisabeth now gets a special place in my heart.

How cute is that :wub: I think she did a great job!

I love the video of Princess Elisabeth's first speech. She is so cute. I'm sure she will be a great monarch in the future! And her parents looked so proud.

Movie clip, the princess gave her first speech.

Another clip

Just saw the clip via my twitter, and I think Elisabeth did a fabulous job. She was very poised, and sounded confident. Her voice is very sweet as well.

Iceflower, thank you for the translation of her speech. Short, sweet and to the point :lol:.

Princess Elizabeth was amazing! She is incredibly poised. God bless her.

On the occasion of the Polish Presidency of the Council of the European Union, Prince Philippe and
Princess Mathilde attended, accompanied by the President of Poland Bronislaw Komorowski, the
opera "King Roger'' in Brussels on September 9, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

On the occasion of the Polish Presidency of the Council of the European Union, Prince Philippe and
Princess Mathilde attended, accompanied by the President of Poland Bronislaw Komorowski, the
opera "King Roger'' in Brussels on September 9, 2011.
It is worth to mention that President Komorowski is a paternal sixth cousin of Countess Anna Maria d'Udekem d'Acoz, nee Komorowska, the mother of Princess Mathilde. Their common paternal ancestor is Franciszek Antoni Komorowski (1723-1800). Franciszek hr. Komorowski z Komorowa (M.J. Minakowski, Genealogia potomków Sejmu Wielkiego)
Poland's new president related to Belgian crown princess | Europe | Trend
I am sure they know about their blood relation, but I wonder if that affects in any way on their relations and contact, as it was during the recent event. Did they greet each other like family, by kissing cheeks or they were formal, like a crown princess and a foreign head of state?

Last edited:
I join in to say how impressed I was by Elisabeth's speech. And what a lovely and confident voice she has. Very well done, Elisabeth! :flowers:
i keep repeating the video, how lovely she is! Elizabeth is turning 10 years old and she is becoming such a beautiful and grown up lady! she will be a great Queen one day^^
-----------------
about the language, she is speaking dutch because they are in the dutch speaking zone right? but at home they speak french, right? i remenber i saw a video of the family annual vacations and they were speaking french to each other

Last edited:
Some more pictures of Mathilde at the visiting the Micro Start project.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

Crown Prince Philippe has made a visit to the Belgian Army Special Forces
Group, in Marche-en-Famenne, Tuesday 13 September.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** isopix gallery **

** sudpresse.be video ** dhnet.be: Philippe auprès des Forces spéciales de l'armée **

** nieuwsblad.be gallery: FOTOSPECIAL. Prins Filip bezoekt Belgische para's **

Crown Princess Mathilde visited the association 'Infirmieres de Rue' in Brussels,
also today, 13 September 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Anyone knows where they spent holidays? Is there any holiday home for belgian royal family or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom