Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Mathilde always enjoy undertaking official engagements that involve children or address issues related to children.

How beautiful the Princess looked today!! I'm not surprised she feels at ease with children since she has a very strong maternal instinct.

Mathilde is very attentive and interested in today's events.

Yesterday, Prince Philippe also attended the memorial ceremony of Police officer Kitty Van Nieuwenhuysen, who was brutally shot when she tried to stop a homejacking, exactly one year ago.
See here for the news item (vrt).

CP Mathilde seems to be philantropique, human, sociable and altruiste; this is wonderful.

I love the last photo! She is a natural with children.

Gallery IBL
Princess Mathilde visits reeducation center for childhood 'L'Oiseau Bleu'. 12/11/2008.

Pics 13.12.2008

Princess Mathilde of Belgium pictured during the family day for the families
of Belgian soldiers in foreign countries organised by the defence ministry,
Saturday 13 December 2008 in Peutie, Vilvoorde

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Gallery **

Mathilde lookes nice! I am really happy to see her so often lately!

Pics 15.12.2008

Princess Mathilde of Belgium is pictured during a visit at the organisation
"De Mobile" in Oostende, on December 15, 2008. "De Mobile" gives a basic
education to children of single and foreign parents who are illiterate.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Mathilde of Belgium is pictured during a visit at the organisation
"De Mobile" in Oostende, on December 15, 2008. "De Mobile" gives a basic
education to children of single and foreign parents who are illiterate.

Just out of curiosity, is De Mobile a school? Is this program something that children attend in addition to traditional school, or do they use De Mobile instead of traditional schooling? Is this a patronage for Mathilde?

As far as I understand, it's an "after school service", which helps children whose parents don't speak/write Dutch or who can't write/read at all with their homework, so that their disadvantage towards other children (whose parents are Dutch natives and who are literate) is minimized, just so that they get the same chances in school. It also organizes basic education classes for adults (really basic: learning to read and write. The number of people in Belgium who doesn't know how to read/write without mistakes is horribly high for a country which ranks as one of the best for education in the world, about 1 to 10)
I don't believe it's a patronage, but the Princess is known to give her support to all kinds of educational projects.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information, LadyLeana. I am surprised to hear about the high illiteracy rate in Belgium. This is a very important thing for the Princess to support. It is nice to see her supporting this organisation.

I Agree she seems so niceas well and pretty!

Very lovely photos! It is always interesting to see Mathilde out and about. This is slightly off topic, but I can't help but notice in these photos, as well as the photos from the Indonesia visit, that Mathilde is very tall. Does anyone know how tall she is?

Crown Princess Mathilde has undertaken an impressive number of solo engagements. It seems that she has got a special interest in issues related to children, education, and AIDS.

Very lovely photos! It is always interesting to see Mathilde out and about. This is slightly off topic, but I can't help but notice in these photos, as well as the photos from the Indonesia visit, that Mathilde is very tall. Does anyone know how tall she is?

About as tall as her husband. She usually doesn't wear very high heels (this looks like only 4 cm/not 2 ins) in order not to "tower" above her husband when they are together.
this pic is from today (Belga). Sometimes I wonder what photographers are thinking :cool:

Thank you, LadyLeana. I have never thought about the heels on her shoes, but now that you mention it, she does seem to wear heels of a smaller height. Lately it seems like she is towering over everyone in photos. I never noticed her height until the Indonesia trip, and then again today.

Prince Philippe of Belgium pictured during the annual prize ceremony "Belgodyssee" for young journalists, Wednesday 17 December 2008, at the Royal Palace in Brussels.
Belga
Belga
Belga
Belga
Gallery Belga

Pics 19.12.2008

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde visit v.z.w. Gehandicaptenzorg Maria
Ter Engelen / a center for the mentally and physically handicapped at
Klerken, West Flanders, Belgium on 19 December 2008

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Gallery **

Very nice photos! I love seeing them making these visits together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom