Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 16

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for uploading all these picture. I always look at them when you post newones!
Beautiful!

An article by Flandersnews.be about the visit:

Thu 14/02/08 - Britain's Prince Charles was at the European Parliament on Thursday morning. The Prince was there to talk about climate change with a group of MEPs and invited guests.

He also used his visit to hold talks with the Speaker of the European Parliament, Hans-Gert Pöttering.

The man that is next in line to the British throne is on a two-day visit to Brussels.

Prince Charles is holding a series of meetings on issues related to global warming and climate change.

"Ticking ever closer to midnight"

Read the entire article here.

She is really huge ! Either a big baby or twins ! I can't wait and she is more beautiful than ever

A pity that the Duchess of Cornwall didn't accompany the PoW, she hasn't seen much of the continental royalty yet AFAIK (only the Norwegians?).

No, I've never seen any picturse of heard of any meetings either, Marengo

Belgium's Princess Mathilde attends an information day on breast cancer for immigrant women, Saturday 16 February 2008 in congresscenter Elzenveld in Antwerp. Princess Mathilde, wife of Crownprince Philippe, is pregnant of her fourth child. BELGA PHOTO LIEVEN VAN ASSCHE

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Do we know yet when Mathilde will start cutting down on her duties? It seems to me that with her previous pregnancies she stopped some 6 weeks before her due date, but I could be wrong.

I also wonder when they might start bringing Elisabeth along on official visits, so that she might begin to learn her "trade" from an early age. It seems to me like that would be an ideal thing to do.

She looked tired today at the memorial mass for King Baudoin. I wonder how much longer she's going to keep up her schedule too.

I think she will start cutting down her duties in the following weeks! Nowadays her agenda had not so many visits as last year! But with 7 more weeks of pregnancy I think she needs rest and will not do so many official duties until then!

Elisabeth did already some official duties! She visited a 'reading' aftenoon in antwerp together with her mother, Technopolis in Mechelen with her parents, an exposition about the opening of the Belgian basis in Antartica and she was presented at the "Te Deum" 2 years ago!

I think Filip and Mathilde want to introduce her slowly and not do to much official duties now she is still a child! There is also not much time, she goes to school every day from 8,20 until 15,30 except on wednesday than they have a the afternoon off! She is also followind dancing classes! so the only time available would be in the schoolholidays or the weekend!

I would love to see her more but I think we will have to wait a few more years until she will regulary do some activities with her parents a year! Filip and Mathilde always have said that the wanted to give their childern a childhood as normal as possible!

Elisabeth did already some official duties! She visited a 'reading' aftenoon in antwerp together with her mother, Technopolis in Mechelen with her parents, an exposition about the opening of the Belgian basis in Antartica and she was presented at the "Te Deum" 2 years ago!

I think Filip and Mathilde want to introduce her slowly and not do to much official duties now she is still a child! There is also not much time, she goes to school every day from 8,20 until 15,30 except on wednesday than they have a the afternoon off! She is also followind dancing classes! so the only time available would be in the schoolholidays or the weekend!
So she is one of the most hard working royal kid :D

On TV:Op Weg Met Prins Filip En Prinses Mathilde
Datum : 28/02/08
Tijd : 21u10

The reportage will be ared by VTM. Levenslijn is a campaign to raise money to help traffic victims, especially children. As you know Mathilde has lost her sister and grandmother in a caraccident, so she is very involved.

Op weg met Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde
Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde getuigen in een deze reportage over hun bekommernis en hun zorg die ze koesteren voor de verkeersveiligheid en de verkeersslachtoffers. Samen met Marc Dupain, de algemeen coördinator en boegbeeld van Levenslijn, praten ze met jongeren, nemen ze deel aan projecten en getuigen ze in een persoonlijk gesprek over hun engagement.

Read more (in dutch) Levenslijn - Veiligheid voor kinderen

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures everone! Mathilde looks radiant! I guess that's what a pregnancy does for you. Very excited for the little one(s) to get here!

On TV:Op Weg Met Prins Filip En Prinses Mathilde
Datum : 28/02/08
Tijd : 21u10

The reportage will be ared by VTM. Levenslijn is a campaign to raise money to help traffic victims, especially children. As you know Mathilde has lost her sister and grandmother in a caraccident, so she is very involved.

Op weg met Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde
Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde getuigen in een deze reportage over hun bekommernis en hun zorg die ze koesteren voor de verkeersveiligheid en de verkeersslachtoffers. Samen met Marc Dupain, de algemeen coördinator en boegbeeld van Levenslijn, praten ze met jongeren, nemen ze deel aan projecten en getuigen ze in een persoonlijk gesprek over hun engagement.

Read more (in dutch) Levenslijn - Veiligheid voor kinderen

How tragic! A good cause that is close to her heart.

Princess Mathilde keeps going on with her official duties.
she will:
*participate at a conference in anwerpth on the 05th of march
*visit a school in sint-Niklaas on the 06th of march
and pay a visit to a social woerplace in Nieuwpoort
She will be 8,5month pregnant then!

I have never seen a woman carry off her pregnancy as well as Mathilde. She really is the image of the radiating, expecting mother! And her husband looks so proud by her side, they seem to be a well-matched, loving couple even after eight years of marriage!

April 15 according to Princess Mathilde herself.

Still one month and a half ! Very long to wait IMO

The hidden pain that binds Mathilde of Belgium and Dona Letizia

TWO PARALLEL LIVES

The two princesses living with great discretion, but at the same time intense pain, the fatal blow of fate with the death in tragic circumstances of her two younger sisters, Erika and Alix.

Their lives seem perfect, happily married each with its Philip, and surrounded by their children. But Mathilde of Belgium and Doña Letizia share the enormous pain of having suffered the loss of her sisters small.
Driving grandma 77 years
Mathilde, the wife of Crown Prince since 1999 Philip of Belgium, excited these days recalls the terrible car accident that took him ten years ago now, the lives of his sister aged 22, Alix.
In an interview on Belgian television on young victims of traffic accidents, she was very distressed recalling the day when her sister Alix left home in the car he was driving his 77 year old grandmother, Princess Marie Sophie Sapieha, home Polish. The small utility was hit by a truck and two died on the spot.
The fate of zarpazos
"It has been exactly ten years," she says in the interview, adding that continues pouring a lot less to her sister and who continue to suffer as the first day. "I would like to know both my children," says the princess, who is pregnant with her fourth child and recognizes that is not receptive to the idea of Alix "never play with my small."
Mathilde d'Udekem is called upon to be the first queen of the Belgians with nationality from birth. The above were of Italian, Spanish-Queen Fabiola, Swedish, Bavarian, Austrian and French. In its 35 years is a model of elegance, simplicity and know to be for millions of women. But princesses suffer zarpazos of fate.
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/articulos....darticulo=80351

Thank you FanLetizia for posting this article in English. It is a sad tie between the two of them. Having lost my younger brother in a car accident as well, I have a great deal of empathy for both ladies.

Pics 5.3.2008

Princess Mathilde took part in a round table at the
university of Antwerpen discussing medicine themes,
March 5, 2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Im quite surprised Crown Princess Mathilde is not due until April. I would have placed her in March but maybe thats just me not wanting to wait!

Anyway thanks for the pictures she looks radiant:flowers:

I think that's going to be a big baby

.. or twins, who knows ? It would be great !

Mathilde looks radiant. I love to see her in red. The red flower is a lovely accessory! Suits her!

I don't think it will be twins would it not have been announced? I thought it was announced with Princess Claire.

Just a question. Is it likely we will be aware when she is admitted to hospital like with Crown Princess Mary and Maxima last year. I don't know what happened with her previous children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom