Belgian State Visit to Poland: October 13-15, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
Wim Dehandschutter ‏@WDehandschutter 7 uur7 uur geleden
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium will make a State Visit to POLAND from 13 to 15 October. Mathilde's mother Anna Maria is Polish.
Twitter Wim Dehandschutter

:previous:
Belgium emphasizes the importance of the bilateral relationships.
I am looking forward to seeing photos of Queen Mathilde wearing a tiara.

Too bad her mother's cousin is no longer Poland's president ;)

What exactly is the purpose of "State" visit?

The head of state officially brings a visit to another head of state. The friendship, good relations and cooperation are -once again- confirmed. In the slipstream of such a formal State Visit a whole fleet of officials, businessmen, scientists, artists, etc. travel with their head of state, to use the opportunity to encourage further growth and development between the two states.

For an example the Port of Rotterdam (the Netherlands) has half of the ownership of the ports of Sohar and Muscat, where HUGE state-of-the-art container terminals are build, using infrastructure, techniques and automatisation developed and proved in Rotterdam. So when Queen Beatrix was in Oman, she naturally visited these ports as a proven link of good harmony and cooperation between the two countries. It is just a protocollary acknowledgement of good relations.

:flowers:

Polish state dinners have a black tie dress code these days. That means evening gowns for the ladies, but no orders. Some Queens wear tiaras for such a dress code, like QEII and Maxima. Silvia used to as well, but didn't at the recent visit to Lithuania. Tbh, I don't think that Mathilde will wear a tiara, but she'll surely look stunning in a beautiful gown.

Edit: According to a post by EmmaNL just posted she did wear a tiara. But it can't yet be seen on the pics. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...for-upcoming-events-25440-94.html#post1828916

Last edited:
Polish state dinners have a black tie dress code these days. That means evening gowns for the ladies, but no orders. Some Queens wear tiaras for such a dress code, like QEII and Maxima. Silvia used to as well, but didn't at the recent visit to Lithuania. Tbh, I don't think that Mathilde will wear a tiara, but she'll surely look stunning in a beautiful gown.

Edit: According to a post by EmmaNL just posted she did wear a tiara. But it can't yet be seen on the pics. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...for-upcoming-events-25440-94.html#post1828916

Looks like the Belgian tiara drought continues :sad:

If she is indeed wearing a small diamond tiara plus the Laurel Wreath as a necklace tonight, it's already far more than I expected for a state visit to a republic. In fact, I'm happy to see that Mathilde is bringing back glamo(u)r to what has otherwise been a very low key Belgian monarchy in recent times.

Judging from the pics on Twitter [which are unpostable here, it may be the Wolfers tiara, lately belonging to Queen Fabiola !

https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/status/653984215927799808

Can you see the blurry pics now?

I will give a short description: pink gown (Armani from CP Victoria's Wedding), Laurel Wreath tiara as a necklace, new small diamond tiara (probably Queen Fabiola's Wolfers Tiara (which would be quite awesome)) and those diamond-pearl earrings from Queen Fabiola.

I will give a short description: pink gown (Armani from CP Victoria's Wedding), Laurel Wreath tiara as a necklace, new small diamond tiara (probably Queen Fabiola's Wolfers Tiara (which would be quite awesome)) and those diamond-pearl earrings from Queen Fabiola.

It looks bigger than the Wolfers to me, but it's so hard to tell. Although now that I look at it, I think I'm seeing stuff in the background that makes the tiara look bigger. Perhaps it is the Wolfers! Awesome.

I'm so glad to see the dress from Vickan's wedding again, although it doesn't look quite as good without orders. Still, a great showing from Mathilde tonight!

Last edited:
I was wrong! Surprise is always the best when you expect nothing: It seems to be a Belgian tiara monsoon today! She not just wearing a tiara, she is wearing a new tiara! And the more I look at it, the more I think that it is Queen Fabiola's Wolfers tiara!:D:D:D

The pics can only be seen when clicking on them. It's only a small size gallery that comes up. But it can't take long till better pics come up.

:D:D:D I just can't stop grinning!

Last edited by a moderator:
The pics can only be seen when clicking on them. It's only a small size gallery that comes up. But it can't take long till better pics come up.

:D:D:D I just can't stop grinning!

The guy added new photos were we can clearly see it is the Wolfers. Awesome!

The guy added new photos were we can clearly see it is the Wolfers. Awesome!

Great to see that the Wolfers tiara is not lost for the belgian RF. Probably it looks bigger on Mathilde because in Fabiola's big hairdoo it looked smaller. And we haven't seen worn it for over 20 years.

Great to see that the Wolfers tiara is not lost for the belgian RF. Probably it looks bigger on Mathilde because in Fabiola's big hairdoo it looked smaller. And we haven't seen worn it for over 20 years.
Queen Fabiola had the invariably big helmet hair since the 60s. It is understandable that the tiara looked much smaller on her than it does on Mathilde.

Queen Mathilde looked lovely. The pink Armani gown is one of the gorgeous dresses in her wardrobe.

Last edited:
Good photos of the gala on Belga

Mathilde looks lovely tonight.

Mathilde looks amazing tonight. And wore a new TIARA!!!!!!!

I glad that she wore a tiara. And I like that it was small all-diamond tiara. Very appropriate

Last edited:
Mathilde looks stunning at the dinner. Her necklace combined with this lovely earrings and tiara worked well with that dress. Such a great start it was to the state visit.

:previous:Indeed !!!!! I guess everyone is waiting to see if the Mathilde inherited or not the tiaras of Fabiola. (For Spanish will see) Was a very pleasant surprise from the Queen chose to wear yesterday. I do not expect that almost anyone. ;)

:previous:Indeed !!!!! I guess everyone is waiting to see if the Mathilde inherited or not the tiaras of Fabiola. (For Spanish will see) Was a very pleasant surprise from the Queen chose to wear yesterday. I do not expect that almost anyone. ;)

I really hope she inherited the one Franco gave Fabiola as a wedding gift (which turned out to be fake :eek: and then was replaced by real gems), it's very versatile and beautiful!

Plus I wish Mathilde would wear the full form of the Nine Provinces tiara one day.

Plus I wish Mathilde would wear the full form of the Nine Provinces tiara one day.

She did wear it at the birthday celebrations of Queen Margarethe in Denmark

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1444807346.003271.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1444807346.003271.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 295
She did wear it at the birthday celebrations of Queen Margarethe in Denmark

I meant in a State Dinner, where she could be the star :D

In there she was always going to be overshadowed by the Dutch/Scandinavian ones :whistling: :p

Back
Top Bottom