Belgian Photoshoot in Bokrijk - 7 July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely family. Elisabeth is already a big girl and she is so nice, cheerful and well-behaved. It was great to see them all not only posing to pics but also playing mormally:)

Thank you for the pictures! What a nice surprise, and how nice they went to Bokrijk, I went there too when I was a child (it's a sort of traditional trip for schoolchildren at the end of the schoolyear).

I was so surprised to see the photos, while Elisabeth still looks very much the same, Gabriel has really grown a lot and changed! (He'll start school in September, won't he?), and Emmanuel too...

Mathilde looked nice in that blouse, and little Elisa very cute in her pink trench...

I saw a report of this in Royalty (VTM) today. It was really cute. First the family went to a children's farm, where Gabriel was scared of really each animal around (chickens, peacocks, pigs, you name it) :)

Then they went, by bike, to the domaine of Bokrijk. They had these kind of tandems you can see on the photos: an adult bike with a children's bike attached to it. Philippe cycled with Gabriel and Mathilde with Elisabeth. Emmanuel was on the bike with Petra, the nanny that's been with the family ever since Elisabeth was born.

The domaine is an open air museum with Belgian houses, mills, farms etc. from the past centuries. There's also a large playground for children. Elisabeth immediately started climbing on and sliding off things. Gabriel needed a bit of encouragement but was then as enthusiastic as his sister.

Elisabeth was talking both in French and in Dutch with her parents, really great!!

Something very nice I noticed: whereas I had only heard Mathilde calling her daughter "Elisa" or "mon ange" (my angel), she now called her "Lilly" all the time. Philippe once said "Lisa" or "Elisa", I didn't quite catch it. The "mon ange" seemed to be reserved for Emmanuel now :)

I guess the video report will be on line in a few days, so you can enjoy it as well...

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I saw a report of this in Royalty (VTM) today. It was really cute. First the family went to a children's farm, where Gabriel was scared of really each animal around (chickens, peacocks, pigs, you name it) :)

Then they went, by bike, to the domaine of Bokrijk. They had these kind of tandems you can see on the photos: an adult bike with a children's bike attached to it. Philippe cycled with Gabriel and Mathilde with Elisabeth. Emmanuel was on the bike with Petra, the nanny that's been with the family ever since Elisabeth was born.

The domaine is an open air museum with Belgian houses, mills, farms etc. from the past centuries. There's also a large playground for children. Elisabeth immediately started climbing on and sliding off things. Gabriel needed a bit of encouragement but was then as enthusiastic as his sister.

Elisabeth was talking both in French and in Dutch with her parents, really great!!

Something very nice I noticed: whereas I had only heard Mathilde calling her daughter "Elisa" or "mon ange" (my angel), she now called her "Lilly" all the time. Philippe once said "Lisa" or "Elisa", I didn't quite catch it. The "mon ange" seemed to be reserved for Emmanuel now :)

I guess the video report will be on line in a few days, so you can enjoy it as well...
Thank you for the info. that's so sweet. gabriel getting scared by the animals (hope he wasn't crying) :D :) . Elisabeth sounds like she will make a good monarch in the future (speaking french + dutch at a young age). Can't wait for the online footage. Could someone notify me when the link is available to watch it online or someone post it in this forum. Thank you
100! POSTS :) :)

What a normal looking family. Wonderful kids, wonderful family!!!

elisabetteke said:
"Royalty" of the 9th of july is already online. If you want to see a report of the fotoshoot in Bokrijk follow this link:
http://www.vtm.be/tv/index_programma_royalty_multimedia.htm
and than go to "bekijk deel 1" (it is the first item)
I hope it works.

Thanks very much for posting the link ... great video!

I didn't know that Elisabeth is called "Lilly" by her parents ;)

From HELLO
................The crown prince and his wife Mathilde were both on top form as they brought their three children to visit the medieval town of Limbourg. Four-year-old Princess Elisabeth, who will one day become queen of her European homeland, was laughing excitedly as she tried out the slide in a local playground, while her little brother Gabriel seemed more interested in getting to know the goats in a nearby animal enclosure. The youngest member of the family, nine-month-old Prince Emmanuel, was content to just sit back and watch all the excitement unfold from the comfort of his pram............
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/07/10/belgianroyals/

Ok i feel really vulgar writing this but looking at these photos i can't help but wonder...is Mathilde wearing a bra? doesnt look like it to me.

a few more from Hola

b2.jpg
b8.jpg

b1.jpg
b4.jpg

b7.jpg
b6.jpg
b3.jpg
b5.jpg

10th July 2006

Vacations and good weather invite to the diversion. Specially, in the case of smallest of the house - and of palace -, that are wishing to enjoy summer days with bucket and shovel. With the beginning of their days off, Princes Phillippe and Mathilde of Belgium have programmed to do so in company of their three children - princess Elisabeth (25-10-2001), prince Gabriel (20-08-2003), and the small one of the family, Emmanuel (4-10-2005) -, the most fascinating plans for the children. Past Friday, they made an excursion to the Belgian province of Limburg, where they visited an infantile farm in the north of Hasselt, they made a small route in bicycle in Bokrijk and outdoors and made a visit to the museum of the locality.

The children, the objective of cameras

Also, the Heirs of Belgium took advantage of the occasion to flatter to Belgian mass media with the traditional photographic session of their first day of summering next to their children. Snapshots, that constitute a small testimony of how there will be the next summer vacations for the numerous family of princes Phillippe and Mathilde. Both posed while playing with their two older children - columpiando itself, seeing the animals of the farm, mounting in bici... - and had special well-taken care in entertaining the small one, Emmanuel, of nine months, in the space qualified for the smallest children.

But the great protagonists of the day, and those that monopolized all the flashes, were, without a doubt, the three children: princess Elisabeth, very handsome with a white raincoat and a set of white shirt and red bermuda shorts, returned to captivate her fellow citizens with her enormous blue eyes and her blond hair; her brother prince Gabriel, dressed for the occasion with a red ray shirt and a beige bermuda shorts, demonstrated his intrepid spirit mounting in all the swings and giving food to the animals of the farm, and the small one, Emmanuel, still too small to enjoy the attractions of the place, charmed the press with a always prompt smile.

From Hola.es

I thought it would be nice to see what was written about this heart-melting photossession, but if Moderators think there is no need in posting the Hola text please feel free to delete it.:)

Regards,
mtbcm :)

What else can I say......these pictures will be worth to keep for life time! Thanks for posting them!

GREAT PICS!
I agree that children are very pale...But in everything else they look quite as every other kids of their age. I like Mathilde's blouse- with jeans - very modest and at the same time stylish. Elisabeth looks like father and Gabriel like mother. It is hard to say on whom little Emmanuel looks like.

detta said:
Thanks very much for posting the link ... great video!

I didn't know that Elisabeth is called "Lilly" by her parents ;)
also very funny when the family was watching the fishes , Gabriel asked ; are we gonna eat them ? :)

Last edited:
Elisabeth has the face from her father, hair and legs like her mother and i guess also the character, she is very entreprising.
And Gabriel is a d'Udekem, looks like mathildes father in his face. But he'll may have the quiet character of his father. So calm he is already for a 3,5 year old boy.
The more you look at the pictures, the more you notice they are indeed very pale, like they have never been outside the palacewalls. I guess they don't play much outside,like with neighbourhoodkids climbing trees and getting dirty.

But that all has no importance, they look very happy, and I guess they feel very happy and we are happy they want to share some of those happy moments.

I would say tha Lilly is a mixed of her parents: face from the both, hair and legs from mother. As to the character we should waite when she will be older.
Gabriel is a big boy like for the 3,5 year old boy and is very calm.
All children are sweet and cute. I think that they will be - they relations with each other will be like these with the Swedish Trio.
More moments like this, please:)

Last edited:
martha-louise said:
The more you look at the pictures, the more you notice they are indeed very pale, like they have never been outside the palacewalls. I guess they don't play much outside,like with neighbourhoodkids climbing trees and getting dirty.

I think it's just their skin type. I was just as pale when I was little and I played outside all the time. :)

Thank you Cathérine for letting us know step-by step what happened in this heart-melting photoshoot:) .

I found this picture in DiezMinutos.es. It is very small:eek: but I thought it would be nice to share.

Enjoy:)!
mtbcm

I think Gabriel is only 2.5 years old and not 3.5 years old.
Great pictures !

In fact Gabriel is almost 3 since he will be celebrating his birthday in august sometime.

also by by Jean-Michel Clajot

and a lovely photo of Elisabeth

Prince Gabriel will indeed celebrate his 3rd birthday on August 20 2006.
As Elisabeth was 3 years old when she started kindergarden I think Gabriel will join his elder sister at school this year on Friday September 1 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom