A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her name is Eléonore and she was born this night at 4:50 am

Wait, hold on. Philip and Mathilde's 4th child has been born, a girl and her name is Eleonore?? I love it :wub::wub::wub: Congratulations to the couple!!! Great name!:heartflower::fireworks::fireworks:
How do you know? monarchie.be says nothing as far as I can see and understand.

Prinses Mathilde bevallen van dochtertje

Prinses Mathilde is bevallen van een dochtertje Eléonore. Het vierde kindje van Prins Filip (48) en prinses Mathilde (35) werd om 4u50 in het Erasmusziekenhuis te Anderlecht geboren. Het kindje weegt 3,210 kg en is 50 cm groot.
De prinses en haar dochter stellen het goed. Het kleine prinsesje zal de voornamen Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie dragen. :wub:

Prinses Elisabeth (6), Prins Gabriël (4), en Prins Emmanuel (2) krijgen er dus een zusje bij. Meters van Eléonore worden kroonprinses Victoria van Zweden en prinses Claire van België. Peter wordt graaf Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

De naam Eléonore komt in verschillende culturen voor. In het Arabisch betekent hij 'God is mijn licht'.

Premier Yves Leterme heeft het paar intussen gefeliciteerd met hun vierde kindje. 'In naam van de regering en van mezelf wens ik Eléonore een gelukkig leven', luidde het in een mededeling.
De Standaard Online - Prinses Mathilde bevallen van dochtertje
sdg, dsl

Congratulations to the whole family! What a sweet addition to their 2 sons and 1 daughter!:wub::flowers:

Congratulations to the family:flowers: Was she born on the 15th april?

Congratulations to the Royal Family!

@}-;-----

congrats to the family. the baby has a really beautiful name! :flowers:

Congrats to the family! I wish the royal families named their children after other monarchs and royalty whose birthday it is still. I was hoping for a Princess Marguerite :)

Oh, by the way! Is Count Sebastian the uncle of Alexandre Furstenburg? The one who is/was married to Marie Chantal's sister?

Prinses Mathilde bevallen van dochtertje

Prinses Mathilde is bevallen van een dochtertje Eléonore. Het vierde kindje van Prins Filip (48) en prinses Mathilde (35) werd om 4u50 in het Erasmusziekenhuis te Anderlecht geboren. Het kindje weegt 3,210 kg en is 50 cm groot.
De prinses en haar dochter stellen het goed. Het kleine prinsesje zal de voornamen Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie dragen.

Prinses Elisabeth (6), Prins Gabriël (4), en Prins Emmanuel (2) krijgen er dus een zusje bij. Meters van Eléonore worden kroonprinses Victoria van Zweden en prinses Claire van België. Peter wordt graaf Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

De naam Eléonore komt in verschillende culturen voor. In het Arabisch betekent hij 'God is mijn licht'.

Premier Yves Leterme heeft het paar intussen gefeliciteerd met hun vierde kindje. 'In naam van de regering en van mezelf wens ik Eléonore een gelukkig leven', luidde het in een mededeling.

source: De Standaard Online - Prinses Mathilde bevallen van dochtertje
(My Dutch isn't really all that, but here is a basic translation/summary - with a conversion of weight/length as well) :flowers:
Princess Mathilde has given birth to a daughter, Eléonore. Their fourth child was born at 4.50 in Anderlecht. She weighed 3.210 kg (7.07 lbs) and she is 50 cm (19.6 inches) long.

Everything is well with mother and child. The little princess has been given the names Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie.

Godmothers of Eléonore will be Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Princess Claire of Belgium. Godfather will be graaf Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

Congratulations to Prince Filip, Princess Mathilde and the brothers and sister Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriël and Prince Emmanuel!

Eléonore, I love that name so much and this time I guessed it right (the name and that it would be a girl :))

What wonderful news to start my morning off.

Lovely names I was just wondering about the pronounciation of Eléonore especially with the accent on the "e". (Possibly e-lay-uh-nor??)

Thanks

Wonderful news, congratulations to the couple.
I love the name, Eleonore.

I was just wondering about the pronounciation of Eléonore especially with the accent on the "e". (Possibly e-lay-uh-nor??)

You are right, LadyS.

And it's such a delicate attention from Philippe and Mathilde top include Fabiola in her names...:flowers:

You are right, LadyS.

And it's such a delicate attention from Philippe and Mathilde top include Fabiola in her names...:flowers:

Thanks for the help - I am never quite sure about name pronunciation. Is is pronounced differently in Dutch?

I just realised that she was born on Queen Margrethe's birthday - what good timing.

Oh, by the way! Is Count Sebastian the uncle of Alexandre Furstenburg? The one who is/was married to Marie Chantal's sister?

No. prince Alexander is from a side-line of the Princely Family of Fürstenberg.
Count Sebastian is from another comital Family.

***********Congratulations ************

Congrats to the whole family. Good name choice, very elegant.
I hope they will release a photo soon, I'm curious to see if she's an as beautiful baby as her brothers and sister.

LadyS, Eléonore is pronounced the same way in dutch, there may be a slight difference in the 'o' and in dutch you might pronounce the last 'e', but that's a detail.

I think we will see the other 3 childern this afternoon paying a visit to their little sister! Today there is only school until 12 in Belgium, so i hope we will see them afterwords

I think we will see the other 3 childern this afternoon paying a visit to their little sister! Today there is only school until 12 in Belgium, so i hope we will see them afterwords

That would be great :flowers: They must be very existed to meet their new little sister :wub: and visit mommy in the hospital. Can't wait to see them!
I noticed the pictures before of Philipe this morning, and there were microphones and video cameras around (obviously). I was just wondering: has anyone seen a video of the proud dad giving his statement?

Congratulations to the family!!!
It's great that the princess had another girl and the little princess has a beautiful name, seems that the name leonor and its variations is being sucessfull among the royals.
And by the way another princess is born at same day of a queen, this case queen margrethe of denmark, last year princess isabella was born on the same day as queen elizabeth II.

:belgiumflag:Congratulations to the family and to the Kingdom of Belgium for another royal child! The names are beautifully combined, and I think it's touching that they also named her after Queen Fabiola, who never had any children. :wub: I was also hoping for a baby girl. CP Victoria of Sweden is one of my favorites so I'm very glad to see her as one of Eleonore's godmothers. :flowers:

Last edited:
The official press statement as released by the palace
Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde are especially delighted to announce the birth of a little sister for Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriël and Prince Emmanuel on April 16th 2008, at 4.50h, at the Erasmus Hospital in Anderlecht.
Her names are Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie.
The Princess and her daughter are doing well.
The infant weighs 3.210gr and measures 50 cm.
Eléonore`s godmothers are Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Princess Claire of Belgium. Godfather is Count Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

Congrats to them, a little girl! :wub:
According to Philippe, who adressed the press with a "Ladies and gentlement you're looking at a proud father", the birth went very well and he and Mathilde are very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom