The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Aristocracy

A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

Her name is Eléonore and she was born this night at 4:50 am

Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandresylvie View Post
Her name is Eléonore and she was born this night at 4:50 am
Wait, hold on. Philip and Mathilde's 4th child has been born, a girl and her name is Eleonore?? I love it Congratulations to the couple!!! Great name!
How do you know? monarchie.be says nothing as far as I can see and understand.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 AM
Aristocracy

A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

Congratulations
Old 04-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Serene Highness

Prinses Mathilde bevallen van dochtertje

Prinses Mathilde is bevallen van een dochtertje Eléonore. Het vierde kindje van Prins Filip (48) en prinses Mathilde (35) werd om 4u50 in het Erasmusziekenhuis te Anderlecht geboren. Het kindje weegt 3,210 kg en is 50 cm groot.
De prinses en haar dochter stellen het goed. Het kleine prinsesje zal de voornamen Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie dragen.

Prinses Elisabeth (6), Prins Gabriël (4), en Prins Emmanuel (2) krijgen er dus een zusje bij. Meters van Eléonore worden kroonprinses Victoria van Zweden en prinses Claire van België. Peter wordt graaf Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

De naam Eléonore komt in verschillende culturen voor. In het Arabisch betekent hij 'God is mijn licht'.

Premier Yves Leterme heeft het paar intussen gefeliciteerd met hun vierde kindje. 'In naam van de regering en van mezelf wens ik Eléonore een gelukkig leven', luidde het in een mededeling.
De Standaard Online - Prinses Mathilde bevallen van dochtertje
sdg, dsl
Old 04-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the whole family! What a sweet addition to their 2 sons and 1 daughter!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the family Was she born on the 15th april?
Old 04-16-2008, 02:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atene View Post
Congratulations to the family Was she born on the 15th april?
No, she was born this morning at 4.50h
Old 04-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the Royal Family!

@}-;-----
Old 04-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

congrats to the family. the baby has a really beautiful name!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulation! Welcome to Eleonore...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 AM
Courtier

Congrats to the family! I wish the royal families named their children after other monarchs and royalty whose birthday it is still. I was hoping for a Princess Marguerite :)
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Courtier

Oh, by the way! Is Count Sebastian the uncle of Alexandre Furstenburg? The one who is/was married to Marie Chantal's sister?
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by detta View Post
Prinses Mathilde bevallen van dochtertje

Prinses Mathilde is bevallen van een dochtertje Eléonore. Het vierde kindje van Prins Filip (48) en prinses Mathilde (35) werd om 4u50 in het Erasmusziekenhuis te Anderlecht geboren. Het kindje weegt 3,210 kg en is 50 cm groot.
De prinses en haar dochter stellen het goed. Het kleine prinsesje zal de voornamen Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie dragen.

Prinses Elisabeth (6), Prins Gabriël (4), en Prins Emmanuel (2) krijgen er dus een zusje bij. Meters van Eléonore worden kroonprinses Victoria van Zweden en prinses Claire van België. Peter wordt graaf Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

De naam Eléonore komt in verschillende culturen voor. In het Arabisch betekent hij 'God is mijn licht'.

Premier Yves Leterme heeft het paar intussen gefeliciteerd met hun vierde kindje. 'In naam van de regering en van mezelf wens ik Eléonore een gelukkig leven', luidde het in een mededeling.

source: De Standaard Online - Prinses Mathilde bevallen van dochtertje
(My Dutch isn't really all that, but here is a basic translation/summary - with a conversion of weight/length as well)
Princess Mathilde has given birth to a daughter, Eléonore. Their fourth child was born at 4.50 in Anderlecht. She weighed 3.210 kg (7.07 lbs) and she is 50 cm (19.6 inches) long.

Everything is well with mother and child. The little princess has been given the names Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie.

Godmothers of Eléonore will be Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Princess Claire of Belgium. Godfather will be graaf Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:10 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Prince Filip, Princess Mathilde and the brothers and sister Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriël and Prince Emmanuel!

Eléonore, I love that name so much and this time I guessed it right (the name and that it would be a girl :-))
Old 04-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Nobility

What wonderful news to start my morning off.

Lovely names I was just wondering about the pronounciation of Eléonore especially with the accent on the "e". (Possibly e-lay-uh-nor??)

Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Wonderful news, congratulations to the couple.
I love the name, Eleonore.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I was just wondering about the pronounciation of Eléonore especially with the accent on the "e". (Possibly e-lay-uh-nor??)
You are right, LadyS.

And it's such a delicate attention from Philippe and Mathilde top include Fabiola in her names...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Commoner

Congratulations!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
You are right, LadyS.

And it's such a delicate attention from Philippe and Mathilde top include Fabiola in her names...
Thanks for the help - I am never quite sure about name pronunciation. Is is pronounced differently in Dutch?

I just realised that she was born on Queen Margrethe's birthday - what good timing.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Oh, by the way! Is Count Sebastian the uncle of Alexandre Furstenburg? The one who is/was married to Marie Chantal's sister?
No. prince Alexander is from a side-line of the Princely Family of Fürstenberg.
Count Sebastian is from another comital Family.

Royal Travel and Events

Tags
birth, eleonore, princess eleonore