A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my best of congrats to the family! eleonore looks adorable! such a sweetheart already...
gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous family, indeed.

Wow. I keep stopping my work to look at these pictures, how gorgeous can one family be?? They look like they should be in a TV commercial LOL!

In my next life I want a complexion like CP Mathilde. She looks like she just came back from a holiday in Switzerland, not like she is in hospital having just given birth! Radiant woman.

Congratulations to the Belgian Royals, they are certainly a very warm and loving family it seems.

In my next life I want a complexion like CP Mathilde. She looks like she just came back from a holiday in Switzerland, not like she is in hospital having just given birth! Radiant woman.

LOL. Switzerland? Why Switzerland?

Princess Mathilde, Prince Philippe and Eléonore will leave the hospital on monday!

LOL. Switzerland? Why Switzerland?

LOL! I am glad you caught that! I chose Switzerland because she has the type of glow one has when they have been out in brisk, cold climates. I almost said the Bahamas or Jamaica but then she would have a nice tan, wouldn't she? And she doesn't have a tan, just a nice rosy glow.

I wonder is it the color that she chose that makes her look so radiant, or is it happiness or both?

Princess Mathilde, Prince Philippe and Eléonore will leave the hospital on monday!

Wow...Belgian women have a long hospital stay after giving birth. Here in the U.S. they kick you out of the hospital after 24-48 hours if it's a normal vaginal birth, and after three days if it's a C-section.

I think that is just awful the way we do it here. I have never given birth but I know from my relatives and friends that it is HARD work and you need a nice rest afterward with someone to look after you for a few days!

oh my god, they are such an incredible nice family. I like mathilde very much - for me she has a very authentic personality. that's why it run's inside them all.

Lovely name! Adorable girl! What a blessing... Congratulations to the family~~

Oh...What a sweet thing! Two girls and two boys! Princess Mathilde will be my favorite one among the Gotha! :wub::wub::wub::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Welcome, Princess Eleonore!

Vanesa.

Wow.......... wonderful baby ... thank you for great pics

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire with Princess Louise
visiting Baby Eléonore and her mother at the hospital,
April 18th, 2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Het Volk has a clip of the happy family, I don't think it was posted earlier in this thread so have a look here.

I am especially delighted to see Claire chosen as a Godmother
I appreciate her very much

I am especially delighted to see Claire chosen as a Godmother
I appreciate her very much

I think Claire is such an under-rated Princess...probably because she keeps such a low profile and likes to stay home with her adorable children. But she is a GREAT addition to the Belgian Royals, who already have an embarrassment of riches with the females in that family. In my opinion they are the classiest group of Royal women in Europe. I am very happy to see Claire receive this honor from Philippe and Mathilde.

Last edited:
What the cute children. :) I wonder if Mathilde & Phillipe plan more children.

What the cute children. :) I wonder if Mathilde & Phillipe plan more children.

I was wondering the same thing...Mathilde is still a young woman and is obviously quite fertile. In any case, she and Philippe make GORGEOUS children together, and Laeken is such a huge palace that is quite perfect for children to grow up in with it's little playhouses and chalets. One of the things that made me so sad for Baudouin and Fabiola was that they were all alone in that gigantic Palace that was just so perfect for the children they wanted desperately but would never have.

Now Laeken Palace is full, as it should be.

Beautiful little princess! Awwwww:wub:
I know it can be too early to say this but, now there's another little Philippe.
Four little Philippes :lol:

Such a lovely family:wub: so glad they are giving us look at their family at this special time.Princess Eleonore seems to have quite a bit of hair already not always the case with blondes and it's almost identical in color and shade to her mother's.

The Belgiuns seem to be the closest of royal famlies.:flowers:

The little princess is so cute.:wub: And Mathilde...even postpartum exudes loveliness!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom