A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, have you all seen this one photo of Gabriel looking out of the car with that hot glimpse in his eyes? (from p.p.e) This boy´s IMO going to become one of the prettiest boys ever......:rolleyes:

I mean the photo: 08042009.jpg!!!!!:wub::rolleyes::whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Her Majesty, The Queen has been to see her new granddaughter yet? Or is she still under the weather?

The Queen has otitis so it is not cured so fast

I mentioned that before, little Gabriel bears a striking resemblance to his uncle Laurent-too funny!

how nice to see them again. :wub: They seem less shy every day, dont they! Looks like Emmanuel has been eating chocolate, his face is all dirty :lol:

All Mathilde and Philippe's children are bursting with energy-a very lively group of little people! I hope the Princess has at least two nannies because if anyone needs them it's her!

Lovely photos, anda lovely to see!!!
Eléonore is so cute!!!!!

I don'nt think Queen Paola has seen Eleonore already

Does anyone know if Her Majesty, The Queen has been to see her new granddaughter yet? Or is she still under the weather?

The King has to go to visit the City Brugge without Queen Paola because she is not fully recovered of the flu, I heard. So I don't think she has gone to see her new granddaughter at the hospital. I don't think the grandmama is very happy about that but it would not be wise to do so for the health of the baby as well for the health of the grandmother I think, as the visit of Brugge was scheduled next Thursday. [The announcement on the website of Belgian Monarchie is also altered.]

The Queen has otitis so it is not cured so fast

O, sorry, I did not read the next message. Does she have otites, that hurts, I know!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the latest pictures. I wan't expecting more pictures from little Eleonora, but I love the fact they didn't leave through the back door. Eleonore is so incredibly beautiful, she seems even more beautiful to me today, such a georgeous little girl :wub:

Pics from Getty
Baby Princess Eleonore Leaves Erasmus Hospital In Anderlecht, 21 Apr 2008.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c80742009%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

Pics from Lfi
PRINCE PHILLIPE OF BELGIUM REGISTERED THE BIRTH OF HIS DAUGHTER PRINCESS ELEONORE AT THE CITYHALL OF ANDERLECHT IN BRUSSELS. 21 APRIL 2008.
London Features International Ltd

From Prismanews
Derechos España y Portugal: Visitas a la pequeña Eleonor de Belgica - Agencia Prisma

Last edited:
I can't get over how radiant and beautiful Mathilde looks...I keep saying it but she looks like she has been on vacation!

In the video from "de standaard" Prince Filip says once again that he is very proud and that it was always there dream to have two boys and two girls. He says that the other children are waiting for them. He thanks the people for all the wishes for Eléonore. He thanks princess Mathilde for the late but beautiful birthdaypresent.
Mathilde thanks Prince Filip for supporting her with the children and that he is a good father.
One of the journalists asks what Princess Elisabeth thinks of her sister and Mathilde says that she is very proud, she acts like al real mother. She wants to take care of het sister all the time and Princess Mathilde has to stop her sometimes so she can take care of her youngest daughter herself:flowers:. You could really see that in the pictures.

Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriël, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore are such adorable children :wub:

Princess Eleonore is a beautiful baby...Mathilde looks wonderful as well!

One of the journalists asks what Princess Elisabeth thinks of her sister and Mathilde says that she is very proud, she acts like al real mother. She wants to take care of het sister all the time and Princess Mathilde has to stop her sometimes so she can take care of her youngest daughter herself:flowers:. You could really see that in the pictures.

Elisabeth is so sweet... :wub:

Thank you for the translation :flowers:

I was a little disappointed with Mathilde's Dutch.
I don't mind the accent, but there are a lot of mistakes in her sentences. Philippe also sometimes literally translates sentences from French to Dutch and then it sounds so ridiculous.
I would think as future king and queen they would take regular lessons, but both her knowledge and Philippe's seem to remain the same.

I'm happy they send their children to a dutch school. And as they speak french at home, the children will be perfect bilingual.

Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde of Belgium Introduce Princess Eleonore - Pictures - Zimbio - Elisabeth is just like her father's twin in this picture. The three kids look absolutely thrilled, though Emmanuel looks a little sad in some photos. Maybe he's sad that he's not the baby anymore!

Oh Gosh! deredactie.be - Paleis geeft eerste beelden Eléonore vrij
Wait until you get to 1:10 or so, and there is just a sweet moment when Philippe is holding the baby, and Mathilde reaches up and takes his hand. It was just so sweet and you can tell they are so happy and in love with their four beautiful children :)

Also, can anyone translate what Philippe and the people and hospital staff are saying here: deredactie.be - "Dames en heren, voor u staat een trotse vader"

Prince Filippe is saying:
Ladies and Gentleman, as you can see there is a proud father standing in front of you, It's a girl: Eléonore. My wife and I are very proud

Then the reporter is saying that the name Eléonore is an Arabian name and it means: God is my light

Then they are saying that people can leave a message for them, and then you see this guy with flowers: he says that they are for Mathilde
Then a women is saying that she also came to the hospital for another baby of Prince Filippe and Princess Mathilde

The doctor of the hospital is saying: that it started slowly, but that now the people are showing up more, now that they now there is a new princess

I like it that they also named her after Fabiola, because she said this weekend that she lost 5 children with King Boudewijn:

Here is the article:

HLN: Royalty - Fabiola had vijf miskramen (251117)

I forgot to translate it :);

It says that this is the first time that Fabiola has spoken about it.
She says that she has learned a lot from it. And that is hasn't made her a bitter person, but that she has appreciated life more.
She and her husband have put a lot of time in getting Prince Filippe ready for the throne, that is why she is so close with Filippe and Mathilde.
Sometimes the news of a pregnancy did leak and then people would send flowers and gifts, but unfortunately she lost each baby

I forgot to translate it :);

It says that this is the first time that Fabiola has spoken about it.
She says that she has learned a lot from it. And that is hasn't made her a bitter person, but that she has appreciated life more.
She and her husband have put a lot of time in getting Prince Filippe ready for the throne, that is why she is so close with Filippe and Mathilde.
Sometimes the news of a pregnancy did leak and then people would send flowers and gifts, but unfortunately she lost each baby

Thanks so much for translating.

What a nightmare....FIVE miscarriages??! I read in one book that in 1966 Queen Fabiola crawled on her knees to the shrine of St Francis of Assisi in Italy to pray for a living baby. She miscarried a month or so later.

I am happy that Philippe and Mathilde honored her with this little girl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom