A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A second girl! :) Congratulations to Mathilde and Philippe. Now Elisabeth will have a little sister to play with. lol Eleanore. Very pretty---classic. I wonder who the name Anne was for? The others are if not blatantly, then fairly obvious.

ANNA is Mathilde's mother's name - countess Anna Maria Komorowska.

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire with Princess Louise
visiting Baby Eléonore and her mother at the hospital,
April 18th, 2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks for the pics. I'm so happy to see Louise. She's one of the cutest royal kids :wub: I bet she's also excited to have a new cousin. Another girl playmate for her ;)

What a beautiful family, they really do make beautiful children, I think they should try for 1/2 dozen. More the merrier, plus more who will be there for each other.

Lovelylovely and with so many hair !

Yea, the baby is lovely and has hair, But its so surprising for me and the Other Indians on board because in India By birth babies have so much hair. I had it until my Neck.

Ok now Lets talk about the new Lil Princess

Last edited:
I loved the videos thanks for posting them. The best is the way Elisabeth and Gabriel just run in arms out wanting to hold the baby. Elisabeth holds out her arms and mum just fires her onto her knee!:wub:

Oh my goodness! Look at those pictures. Two boys and two girls, what a perfect family. I can definitely see a resemblance between Eléonore and her siblings.

Last edited:
It seems they like names that begin with E - except for Gabriel! almost like the 3 A names of the darling Dutch princesses.

Those pictures and those children are absolutely beautiful.
Elisabeth looks so much like the King and Prince Phillipe it's unbelievable.
Maybe Eleanore will look like her mommy!

Yea, the baby is lovely and has hair, But its so surprising for me and the Other Indians on board because in India By birth babies have so much hair. I had it until my Neck.

Ok now Lets talk about the new Lil Princess
yeah..indian chidren do have a lot of hair...infact our hair is considred our best asset....thick and dark like the night sky...sadly when i wasn't born like dat.....i was a rather bald baby compared to my cousins with only three strands of thin blonde hair....when my hair started growing my mother heaved a sigh of relief...she actually thought i was gonna be bald for life!!!:lol:
its not dark or thick(in fact its thin and light brown) but atleast i'm not bald!!!:D

Can someone tell me who were Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel's godparents, and who mathilde is godparent to ? ;)

Elisabeth's godparents:
Prince Amedeo of Belgium (her cousin)
Countess Helene d'Udekem D'Acoz (her aunt)

Gabriel's godparents:
Baroness Maria Christina von Freyberg
Count Charles-Henri d'Udekem d'Acoz (his uncle)

Emmanuel's godparents:
Guillaume Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg
Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz (his aunt)

Mathilde's Godchildren:
Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
Princess Isabella of Denmark

ANNA is Mathilde's mother's name - countess Anna Maria Komorowska.

oh. That makes since then. Thanks Anna. :)

Wow...Louise reminds me alot of Elisabeth. The blonde gene in that family must be pretty dang strong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful pictures. All four of those children (and cousin Louise) look like little blond angels. With two fair-haired parents, I suppose it was inevitable that the baby would also be a blonde. They look like a nice, happy family. I love the name, even though it seems to be exceedingly popular with royals at the moment.

The baby's hair looks just like mine when I was born! Nice blonde hair, I hope it stays.

I think the family photos are so lovely. Elizabeth looks very happy to have a baby sister - and also looks as if she is going to be a caring big sister.

Some people are asking if there will be more children. I think 4 is a nice number, particularly when you are lucky enough to have 2 of each!

Elisabeth's godparents:
Prince Amedeo of Belgium (her cousin)
Countess Helene d'Udekem D'Acoz (her aunt)

Gabriel's godparents:
Baroness Maria Christina von Freyberg
Count Charles-Henri d'Udekem d'Acoz (his uncle)

Emmanuel's godparents:
Guillaume Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg
Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz (his aunt)

Mathilde's Godchildren:
Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
Princess Isabella of Denmark
If they have a 5th child, I think Mary, Maxima, Willem-Alexander or Frederik should definately be godparents, since Mathilde is a godparent to their kid.

Elisabeth is very cute and tender towards her little sister. It's so adoring to see the pics that are shared here. It makes one want to have a child. Thanks to all the people that bring us closer to this very nice event. Eleonore is oh so pretty. I love her blonde hair and her tenderness. All babies are so cute. I hope we see more of her as she grows. I'm glad for the Belgian Royals. :crown::crown3::star::sun::fireworks:

Last edited:
congratulations.!!!! ¡¡felicidades!!!!!!
n035.gif
n035.gif
n035.gif
n035.gif

Los príncipes de Bélgica presentan a su hija Eleonor en sociedad

Last edited:
Yes her sister is due beginning of June.
Pregnancy suits her very much

Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde of Belgium Introduce Princess Eleonore - Pictures - Zimbio - Elisabeth is just like her father's twin in this picture. The three kids look absolutely thrilled, though Emmanuel looks a little sad in some photos. Maybe he's sad that he's not the baby anymore!

Oh Gosh! deredactie.be - Paleis geeft eerste beelden Eléonore vrij
Wait until you get to 1:10 or so, and there is just a sweet moment when Philippe is holding the baby, and Mathilde reaches up and takes his hand. It was just so sweet and you can tell they are so happy and in love with their four beautiful children :)

Also, can anyone translate what Philippe and the people and hospital staff are saying here: deredactie.be - "Dames en heren, voor u staat een trotse vader"

Last edited:
to me gabriel looks more like his uncle laurent and elizabeth looks like a complete combination of phillipe and mathilde's best features....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom