The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Normally, woman in Belgian stay 4-5 days in the hopsital after they gave birth! I think Mathilde will go home in the weekend!

But normally some days after the child is born they invate a friend who is a photographer and a cameramen they then make the first images and photographs of the whole family. They are then givven to the national tvsenders and a few minutes later to the commercial tv senders. The pictures are given to the press agencies.
Normally women in Belgium don't stay 4-5 days in the hospital, but 1-3 days
I think we will get the first pictures of the new princess like today or tomorrow, at the latest Saturday, I think (hope )

Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
The French way is without the -e ending, whereas I heard it being two syllables in the Dutch video provided. So, basically - both.
ooh. so both pronounciations will work, with the country being bilingual. thanks for explaining!

Thanks also for the photos of the kids and Philippe visiting. They're all so big now, especially the boys. Emmanuel is almost as tall as Gabriel now.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Commoner

Here's a video of the news in Belgium
were they also speak about there other 3 children
It's at the bottom of the page;

you can see this square with 4 videos, the bottom one, on the right

deredactie.be
Old 04-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I know I am late, but many many Congratulations to this Happy Family!!

I love them and I wish the best for their second daughter. I love the name!!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Courtier

I all vase guessed that it would be a girl, Congratulation ,by the way what does Eleonore ,Fabiola and Marie mean?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle16 View Post
Normally women in Belgium don't stay 4-5 days in the hospital, but 1-3 days
I think we will get the first pictures of the new princess like today or tomorrow, at the latest Saturday, I think (hope )
Yes, and that´s why Kim Clijsters got so much attention for leaving the hospital a day after her daughter was born. Staying 4-5 days in hospital is pretty much the norm AFAIK.
It seems they will leave the hospital this Sunday. And Philippe declares Eléonore´s birth at the town hall of Anderlecht on Monday, April 21st.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johann View Post
Yes, and that´s why Kim Clijsters got so much attention for leaving the hospital a day after her daughter was born. Staying 4-5 days in hospital is pretty much the norm AFAIK.
It seems they will leave the hospital this Sunday. And Philippe declares Eléonore´s birth at the town hall of Anderlecht on Monday, April 21st.
No , most woman in Belgium stay in the hospital for 5 days ( standard) . But some of them choose to go home earlier , like Kim Clijsters did . I'm pretty shure that they won't leave the hospital before the weekend , and I think that we will get pictures tomorrow or saterday . Ik know that Emmanuel was born on a thuesday , and pictures came on thursday ...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Majesty

Hurray! I am so happy that little Elisabeth has a sister and I LOVE the name that they have chosen!! I bet Mathilde is relieved, and Philippe too.

Congratulations to the BRF and the Belgians for the newest Princess!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Majesty

Philippe appears to have lost weight..he looks fantastic!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
You are right, LadyS.

And it's such a delicate attention from Philippe and Mathilde top include Fabiola in her names...

I think it's a sweet and lovely way to honor HM Queen Fabiola too...an early 80th birthday gift for the Queen!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Prince Philippe of Belgium and his three children Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Elisabeth, pay a visit to Princess Mathilde and Eleonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6...9a6e358gy2.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1...6a71601ev2.jpg
I think next to the Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin of Spain, Philippe and Mathilde have the most exquisite children ever. They are sooo beautiful and they all look alike, they could be mistaken for quadruplets!

I cannot wait to see the new baby.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

When attend the Eleonore's fotos? thanks.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Congrats all around! I like her name. Has there been any clarification on the pronounciation of Eleonore? El-e-uh-nor? El-uh-nor? El-uh-nor-ray? I could go on for quite sometime.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kerry View Post
Congrats all around! I like her name. Has there been any clarification on the pronounciation of Eleonore? El-e-uh-nor? El-uh-nor? El-uh-nor-ray? I could go on for quite sometime.
In a small interview, a link was posted earlier, Philippe prounced the name.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

A new day for the childern to visit their mother and little sister! Elisabeth with flowers for mama
Picture details
Picture details
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/8937293.html?citemId=465284-12http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/8937350.html?citemId=465284-6

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

Old 04-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the new pictures stephanievl, they're great. I love Lizzie's outfit today, so sweet she brought her mommy flowers. How much age difference is there between Elizabeth and Gabriel? He;s quite tall for his age isn't he, he seems to be almost as tall as his sister.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
In a small interview, a link was posted earlier, Philippe prounced the name.
Thank you. I totally missed that link. I like the pronounciation. In the US we probably wouldn't have given it as much elegance as the name deserves.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Elisabeth 25 Oct 2001
Gabriel 20 Aug 2003
Emmanuel 4 Oct 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor
Thanks for the new pictures stephanievl, they're great. I love Lizzie's outfit today, so sweet she brought her mommy flowers. How much age difference is there between Elizabeth and Gabriel? He;s quite tall for his age isn't he, he seems to be almost as tall as his sister.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
Princess Elisabeth is 6 years old (25 oktober 2001)
Prince Gabriël is 4 years old (20 august 2003)
Prince Emmanuel is 2 years old (4 october 2005)
Princess Eléonore is 1 day old :d (16 april 2008)
Old 04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

21/04/2008
Aangifte van de geboorte van Prinses Eléonore

Prins Filip begeeft zich naar het Gemeentehuis van Anderlecht teneinde de geboorte van Prinses Eléonore aan te geven aan de Burgerlijke Stand.

On the 21th prince Filip will go to the city hall of Anderlecht to register the birth of princess Eléonore

Tags
birth, eleonore, princess eleonore