The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

Congrats to the happy family! I really hope we see the pictures soon! I'm almost certain there's another (e)leo/anor(e/a) somewhere in the royal circles, besides Leonor of Spain and Leonore of the Netherlands...

Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Happy News a baby sister daughter and Granddaughter

Old 04-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlusBelle View Post
Congrats to the happy family! I really hope we see the pictures soon! I'm almost certain there's another (e)leo/anor(e/a) somewhere in the royal circles, besides Leonor of Spain and Leonore of the Netherlands...

I found it! Prince Karl of Austria (Archduke Otto's oldest son) has a daughter named Eleonore, born 1994. So in total (so far as we know) there are 4.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlusBelle View Post
Do you mean Magali Magriet Eleonoor?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
The fourth? I only know 3: Leonor of Spain, Leonore of Holland, and this new little baby. Who's the fourth then?
Magali van Vollenhoven (daughter of Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau) has the middle name 'Eleonoor'

The boys don't really seem to impressed to be going to a hospital! And I wish for once that the children will not be wearing carbon-copy outfits!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FAMILY ON SUCH A HAPPY EVENT!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Nobility

Congratulations on another sweet baby girl!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations!
Such happy news and such a lovely name.
Does anyone know if Her Majesty is ill? Not trying to start rumors, but she was missing from last nights events and she didn't accompany the King to visit their new little princess today.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Courtier

wonderful=2boys & 2girls.
that looks like a delicious cake, but I don't think the mommy or the baby will have any
Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Courtier

Congratulations!!!!
2 girls and 2 boys
Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the family!!!!

Elisabeth is looking prettier as she grows...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Serene Highness

Philippe and 3 kids coming to hospital were cute. Little Elizabeth looked lovely. I am surprised by the name choice for the new princess. There is already little Leonor in Spain, and obviously Eleonore is a version of the same name. But I like that they chose name Fabiola to honor Boudonin's wife.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 04-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Magali van Vollenhoven (daughter of Prince Floris of Orange-Nassau) has the middle name 'Eleonoor'

The boys don't really seem to impressed to be going to a hospital! And I wish for once that the children will not be wearing carbon-copy outfits!
Also, Archduchess Eleonore of Austria, born 1994.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Nobility

Think Marie is part of a family name...It's part of the name for Philippe and Mathilde, as well as the 3 siblings...
Old 04-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Oh of course, I had completely forgotten about little Magali. Thanks Very popular name indeed
Old 04-17-2008, 03:23 AM
Courtier

Lovely that it's another girl. Beautiful name. I think Marie is a Catholic tradition.

Stellad
Old 04-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Does know it when Princess Mathilde leave the Hospital?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliocha View Post
Congratulations to the family! But why two godmothers ?
As far as I understand it Catholic children must have one male and one female Catholic godparent. My niece has four godparents two Catholic and two non Catholic.

Congratulations to the family. I love the name Eleonore, it's one of my favourite names.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Does know it when Princess Mathilde leave the Hospital?
I haven't read anything on the matter yet. Maybe somebody here knows how long she approximately stayed in the hospital the last 2 times (with the natural births) and we can make a guess. I guess it depends on how the mother feels and also the kind of hospital. Maxima always leaves the hospital incredibly quickly. I think at the earliest tommorrow, after having spend 2 nights in the hospital, but that's just a guess
Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Normally, woman in Belgian stay 4-5 days in the hopsital after they gave birth! I think Mathilde will go home in the weekend!

But normally some days after the child is born they invate a friend who is a photographer and a cameramen they then make the first images and photographs of the whole family. They are then givven to the national tvsenders and a few minutes later to the commercial tv senders. The pictures are given to the press agencies.

Tags
birth, eleonore, princess eleonore