The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2008, 04:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Photos of Prince Philip this morning

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8...1108aeaev9.png
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2...80ff0denp2.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6...810e98bni6.jpg
Photos by Belga

Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

***********Congratulations ************

Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 AM
Aristocracy

MANY MANY HEARTFELT CONGRATULATIONS TO FAMILY!!!!
WELCOME ELEONORE....
Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Courtier

Congrats to the whole family. Good name choice, very elegant.
I hope they will release a photo soon, I'm curious to see if she's an as beautiful baby as her brothers and sister.

LadyS, Eléonore is pronounced the same way in dutch, there may be a slight difference in the 'o' and in dutch you might pronounce the last 'e', but that's a detail.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:18 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

I think we will see the other 3 childern this afternoon paying a visit to their little sister! Today there is only school until 12 in Belgium, so i hope we will see them afterwords
Old 04-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the Family!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
I think we will see the other 3 childern this afternoon paying a visit to their little sister! Today there is only school until 12 in Belgium, so i hope we will see them afterwords
That would be great They must be very existed to meet their new little sister and visit mommy in the hospital. Can't wait to see them!
I noticed the pictures before of Philipe this morning, and there were microphones and video cameras around (obviously). I was just wondering: has anyone seen a video of the proud dad giving his statement?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the family!!!
It's great that the princess had another girl and the little princess has a beautiful name, seems that the name leonor and its variations is being sucessfull among the royals.
And by the way another princess is born at same day of a queen, this case queen margrethe of denmark, last year princess isabella was born on the same day as queen elizabeth II.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:12 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the family and to the Kingdom of Belgium for another royal child! The names are beautifully combined, and I think it's touching that they also named her after Queen Fabiola, who never had any children. I was also hoping for a baby girl. CP Victoria of Sweden is one of my favorites so I'm very glad to see her as one of Eleonore's godmothers.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Courtier

The official press statement as released by the palace
Quote:
Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde are especially delighted to announce the birth of a little sister for Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriël and Prince Emmanuel on April 16th 2008, at 4.50h, at the Erasmus Hospital in Anderlecht.
Her names are Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie.
The Princess and her daughter are doing well.
The infant weighs 3.210gr and measures 50 cm.
Eléonore`s godmothers are Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Princess Claire of Belgium. Godfather is Count Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

Congrats to them, a little girl!
According to Philippe, who adressed the press with a "Ladies and gentlement you're looking at a proud father", the birth went very well and he and Mathilde are very happy.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the whole family. The name Eléonore it´s very pretty.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Good news indeed and lovely names. I am glad they named the child after Queen Fabiola too. I suppose Victoria was chosen due to the godmother and Anne for Mathilde's mother?

Nice choice of godparents too, I think Victoria must be the most popular royal godparent.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Nobility

congratulations to the family!!!!

love this name. It is similar to leonor of spain and to leonore (laurentien's daughter)

Old 04-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up Iedereen blij/ Everybody happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
(My Dutch isn't really all that, but here is a basic translation/summary - with a conversion of weight/length as well)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
Princess Mathilde has given birth to a daughter, Eléonore. Their fourth child was born at 4.50 in Anderlecht. She weighed 3.210 kg (7.07 lbs) and she is 50 cm (19.6 inches) long.

Everything is well with mother and child. The little princess has been given the names Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie.

Godmothers of Eléonore will be Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Princess Claire of Belgium. Godfather will be graaf Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.
Norwegianne, reading your summary, I must say that you Dutch is not bad at all. The most important statements are in it [sorry my Dutch is better than my English]. The message also gives a brief explanation of the name Eleonore - in Arabic it means God is my light it says- and that the premier congratulates the CP couple and wishes the little girl -in name of the government and himself- a long and happy life.

Looking at the names and having read all the threads about the subject of the new born child I think there has been a lot of good guessing, there is Fabiola in it, Anne, Marie. The name Eléonore is mentioned. The wish for a little sister for Elisabeth. Well at the end everybody right and happy! Hurray for the new little girl.

I hope that, in spite of the condition of Mathildes Father and the missing [for unknown (?) reasons] of Queen Paola at the state visit, we get some images of happy grandparents today or tomorrow. [And of course of Queen Fabiola I think Congratulations to her too]
Old 04-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Prince Philippe of Belgium and his three children Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Elisabeth, pay a visit to Princess Mathilde and Eleonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6...9a6e358gy2.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1...6a71601ev2.jpg
Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Gentry

I was very happy to hear the news this morning. I had a feeling yesterday that something might have happen soon because I kept checking the website of the Belgian Royal Family (which I normally don't do that frequently).

The news was announced this morning on the radio. I believe through a press statement issued by the Palace. I really like her names and it has a very nice flow to it. I think Elisabeth especially will be very glad with her babysister, as Mathilde had stated once in answer to someone asking how the other children were reacting to the pregnancy was that Elisabeth had asked for a sister and either Gabriel or Emmanuel prefered a little brother. I had hoped for a girl as well, to balance out the boy/girl ratio in the family. Mathilde had also stated once that the birth would perhaps take place on April 15, the birthday of her husband.

Looking back on the pictures of the gala in the Royal Palace last night I do think that Prince Philippe looks tense, like he expects something to happen. The absence of Princess Mathilde also send out a clear message although I initiatly decided that she had canceled because she had taken up her maternaty leave, but I guess she was in labour at the time.

One thing I find kind of strange is the fact that they have chosen 2 godmothers and 1 godfather for their daughter. All other children only have two godparents (as is traditional for Catholics), so why now 3 godparents?
Either way, I'm happy that Princess Claire was chosen to be a godmother, although I had expected them to chose Princess Maria Laura.

Either way, Congratulations to the family! And Norwegianne, your Dutch really isn't as bad as you claim it is.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Prince Philippe of Belgium and his three children Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Elisabeth, pay a visit to Princess Mathilde and Eleonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6...9a6e358gy2.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1...6a71601ev2.jpg
Thanks so much for these pictures Paty Great to see the 3 kids visiting their baby sister and mommy in the hospital
Old 04-16-2008, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fie View Post
I was very happy to hear the news this morning. I had a feeling yesterday that something might have happen soon because I kept checking the website of the Belgian Royal Family (which I normally don't do that frequently).

The news was announced this morning on the radio. I believe through a press statement issued by the Palace. I really like her names and it has a very nice flow to it. I think Elisabeth especially will be very glad with her babysister, as Mathilde had stated once in answer to someone asking how the other children were reacting to the pregnancy was that Elisabeth had asked for a sister and either Gabriel or Emmanuel prefered a little brother. I had hoped for a girl as well, to balance out the boy/girl ratio in the family. Mathilde had also stated once that the birth would perhaps take place on April 15, the birthday of her husband.

Looking back on the pictures of the gala in the Royal Palace last night I do think that Prince Philippe looks tense, like he expects something to happen. The absence of Princess Mathilde also send out a clear message although I initiatly decided that she had canceled because she had taken up her maternaty leave, but I guess she was in labour at the time.

One thing I find kind of strange is the fact that they have chosen 2 godmothers and 1 godfather for their daughter. All other children only have two godparents (as is traditional for Catholics), so why now 3 godparents?
Either way, I'm happy that Princess Claire was chosen to be a godmother, although I had expected them to chose Princess Maria Laura.

Either way, Congratulations to the family! And Norwegianne, your Dutch really isn't as bad as you claim it is.
The fact that there are two godmothers surprised me too. Maybe they could not choose between the two ladies and decided to ask them both, solving the "problem" that Victoria is not a Catholic at the same time. Either way I think they wil both be nice godmothers!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Serene Highness

De Standaard Online - 'Dames en heren, voor u staat een trotse vader'

A nice dutch article on the birth of little Eleonora with 3 pictures (not of the baby yet) and a short video in which Philipe says just how happy he is
Old 04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Nobility

The 16th April is a popular Royal birthday - Queen Margrethe of Denmark, Grand Duke Henri and Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg and now Princess Eleonore

Tags
birth, eleonore, princess eleonore