The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Will Charles Ever Reign? part 4

Welcome to part 4 of the long-running thread about whether Charles will become King.

Since this is a contentious topic, please be respectful of the right of other posters to express opinions different from yours, and also please take the time and trouble to give reasons to back up your own opinions.

Part 3 is here:

Will Charles Ever Reign? part 3

Old 08-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Nobility

Of course he will. That is the system. Unless, of course, he dies before the Queen.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Commoner

I am a new member. I have read part of thread three. How old is the Archbishop of Canterbusy RT Revd Rowan Williams? Is he young enough to be Archbishop at the time of the possible coranation? I do agreee that Prince William needs more time. However I think people do not care if Charles becomes King. I think they are not prepared for Camilla to be Queen. The way the Royal Family has went about keeping her under wraps is working. If She takes Princess Consort and is not crowned Queen at the coranation then everything will be fine. I do not think she is the one who needs to be told this. Prince Charles is the one who is Jealous. He is tring to Erase Princess Diana with his new wife not her totally. I thik in teh beginning she had a hand in all the spitfullness but not so much now. I am a devoted Princess Diana Fan. But I also feel that by gones should be by gones if the proper service and apology is made.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:35 PM

I think he will, if only to give William's child(ren) a chance to have some semblance of normalcy before having to cope with the additional pressure of being the heir and spare(s). For some unexplained reason, I don't see William having children before his thirtieth birthday.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Prince Charles is the one who is Jealous.
Jealous of what exactly? Being the future King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and 16 other countries? Yeah, he's soooo jealous.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles has no choice in becoming King nor does William. Under the Act of Settlement, they are automatically in-line to succeed The Queen when she dies as The Sovereign and heir to the throne, respectively. It does not matter if the "people" oppose it or not or whether people "like" Camilla as Queen or not. Britain is a constitutional monarchy with a hereditary Sovereign from the descendants of The Electress Sophia.

Whether Britain becomes a republic or not is an open question, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon (a century or more).
Old 08-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Jealous of what exactly? Being the future King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and 16 other countries? Yeah, he's soooo jealous.

Anyother person who can or does out shine him
Old 08-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrosa View Post
Anyother person who can or does out shine him
I don't believe Charles cares whether "someone" outshines him or not. He is The Prince of Wales and the future King. The notion that he was, for example, "jealous" of Diana's public acclaim or resented her success in carrying out duties was debunked many times. If anything, he was very proud and supportive of her. The trouble started later as their respective advisors and staff created "camps" between them and Diana began to resent his relationship with Camilla, even though she too sought comfort outside her marriage.

There have also been reports of "jealousy" with Camilla in the tabloids and among Diana supporters like Richard Kay. I don't believe it, however, it certainly is true he is a difficult man at times.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:17 PM

And your proof for that statement? I don't think Charles was ever jealous of the popularity of Diana, I think he was angry (as alot of people were) that she chose to upstage not only Charles, but the Queen and other members of the Royal Family. It was unprofessional and it did damage the Royal Family because it portrayed the rest of them as surplus to requirements which was extremely wrong. I can't see how Charles could be jealous of Camilla when what she does is quite the opposite and actually supports and works with the Royal Family rather than against it.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
And your proof for that statement? I don't think Charles was ever jealous of the popularity of Diana, I think he was angry (as alot of people were) that she chose to upstage not only Charles, but the Queen and other members of the Royal Family. It was unprofessional and it did damage the Royal Family because it portrayed the rest of them as surplus to requirements which was extremely wrong. I can't see how Charles could be jealous of Camilla when what she does is quite the opposite and actually supports and works with the Royal Family rather than against it.
Exactly. Once Diana's anger and resentment towards the Camilla factor overwhelmed her, even though she was also not faithful, her negative side came out more and more. She became manipulative, spiteful and delusional in her belief that her popularity was a tool to be used in the media to diminish not only Charles, but The Queen herself.

Eventually, this was her fatal mistake that destroyed any chance of a reconciliation with Charles and resulted in the end of her marriage.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
Eventually, this was her fatal mistake that destroyed any chance of a reconciliation with Charles and resulted in the end of her marriage.
Is this the only thing that destroyed their Marriage? I am asking for other things than the Affair! I would like a United Kingdoms persons point of view. We have obviously been told different things in America even though I have read in excess of 20 books on the Royal Family.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:41 PM

We're not saying it destroyed the marriage, we're saying it destroyed any future she had within the Royal Family as a working member.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
What else had a hand in the end of the marriage? I would like a UK point of view. Information is different here in America.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I would not like to see Prince Charles as King of United Kingdom, because: 1) he might be characterized as weak for not marrying LOVE OF HIS LIFE and 2) ruining the other person's life. I hope some divine intervention will prevent him from ascending the throne.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 PM

How lovely. Tell me, anyone else you'd like to wish death upon or are we done for today?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Commoner

Back to the subject, Charles Should, Can and Will be King. That is the Law and The law is right. We Can Not live without Laws
Old 08-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

to BeatrixFan

Dear BeatrixFan,
As you know, good deeds never go unpunished...
Well ... I did not mean such extreme manifestation of the intervention.
In my humble view, the concept of divine intervention is open to a wide range of interpretations. For example, changes in the legal system of the UK, abolishment of monarchy ...
Old 08-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Majesty

As the law currently is stated Charles will be King when his mother dies.

Anyone who wishes to prevent this man, who has served his country so well for all of his adult life, from becoming king, just because he married the wrong woman, is, to my mind, a rather nasty individual.

Charles made one mistake - he married a completely unsuitable woman - unsuitable in the sense that they had nothing in common before they were married. They had totally different interests - e.g. he was a country man at heart and she lied and told him that she enjoyed being in the country when she preferred the city life, he was a very serious man and she was a flighty woman, he preferred classical music to her love of the modern rubbish (1980s music doesn't even qualify as music in my opinion - nor does 90s music either), he had a degree while she didn't even have one 'O' level. I could go on with the incredible differences between them that made a marriage between them doomed from the beginning in my opinion - and I said it to my friends at the time.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Dear BeatrixFan,
As you know, good deeds never go unpunished...
Well ... I did not mean such extreme manifestation of the intervention.
In my humble view, the concept of divine intervention is open to a wide range of interpretations. For example, changes in the legal system of the UK, abolishment of monarchy ...
Well, so far Charles is healthy, he was able to marry Camilla and it looks as if he will live happily ever after with a crown in his future. When this future comes to fruition, will you then believe that someone divine holds his hand over Charles but did not over Diana? Just interested in your way of thinking.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

To Jo of Palatine

Dear Jo of Palatine,
I do not like Prince Charles as a person because he was not a man enough to insist on marrying a lady he truly loved and loves. He used the approach “both the wolves have eaten much and the sheep have not been touched”. This proved fatal for his marriage.
I may seem naïve, but believe that fate of each human being is governed by something supernatural to a certain degree. Apart from various theories related to the tragic accident that took Princess Diana’s life, it still amazes me that she passed away before Prince Charles married LOVE OF HIS LIFE.
So it might be fair to say that there is a probability that he will not become a King.
Sometimes even the wildest dreams may come true….

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales