Will Camilla ever become Queen?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

polop

Nobility
City
Chicago
Country
United States
Hi there!:)
What do you think? Will Camilla ever become the Queen of Britain?And even if she does do you think there will be some serious consequences, such as the end of monorachy in Britain?

Personally, I don't think she will ever become Queen. I mean after the whole Diana buisness. But many said that Charles and her won't get married, so...

yes she will be queen.

and i'm not going to read this thread again as i'm sure it will get very ugly.

As long as both she and Charles are alive when the Queen passes away, she will be Queen, as far as I've understood the laws. If she decides to use the title... that's another matter entirely.

I think she will be queen too.

As far is this thread is concerned, I think Pollyemma is going to be right. :p I'll be lurking around here from time to time though to at least assure myself of that... ;)

If she is married to Charles at the time of his accession then as the wife of the King she will automatically become Queen, whether she chooses to use the title of Queen or choose something else like Princess Consort is entirely up to her. If she was to choose the title of Princess Consort she still would be Queen, in the way she styles herself as Duchess of Cornwall even though she is entitled to style herself Princess of Wales. Camilla is a person who seems to be sensitive to opinion (which is why she declined to style herself Princess of Wales) so i am sure if Charles is ever King she would take the same consideration into what she decides to style herself, she might even decide to stay Duchess of Cornwall.

Well, speaking legally, yes she will. That's definate. Whether she'll be known as the Queen, I think we'll want that by then. And by we, I mean the wider population. It's silly to have a King and Princess Consort. You have a King and Queen and we like tradition. Most people wouldn't have minded her using the Princess of Wales title so I think Queen Camilla is a definate in the years to come. I think she'll be a very good Queen - she's had an amazing time from 9th April and has done so much. Many people have changed their minds completely. When it was announced that they'd marry, the press scrabbled for a photograph of her and wanted to know her middle name etc etc. Suddenly, we realised how little we knew about her. The average joe knew her as Charles's girlfriend who he left Diana for. The Engagement photograph was the first time we'd seen her properly and I remember thinking, "I like you already". They looked happy and she seemed to have a class and a style to her that appealed.

Then I saw those stunning pictures of her in the red dress showing off her engagement ring - and that was a statement. It was a statement which said, "I'm wearing the ring of a great Queen that you loved" and it was yet another indication of her future position. Time ticked on and we saw them wed - and she looked absolutely beautiful - she looked happy and so did the Prince of Wales and the Queen. And ever since then we've seen her evolve. The Norwegian State Visit, again another huge statement with the tiara, the US Visit which was a definate triumph - it has all gone so well for them both and suddenly, people can't imagine Charles and Camilla not being married. Most people when asked to comment say that it should have happened a long time ago.
Having met Camilla, I can only say how utterly staggered I was. I won't say exactly what was said, but she was a darling and was sweet, kind and every inch the future Queen. I think that Camilla will make a wonderful Queen and it won't bring the end of the Monarchy at all. Charles seems to want to make subtle changes - for example, he wants the Royal Family to give more TV interviews. I think that in an age when re-marriage is so acceptable it isn't mentioned, Charles and Camilla are the perfect pair to bring the Monarchy forward a little bit but not too much. I see their time as King and Queen as gently closing the Elizabeth II style and easing the transition into the William V style - and that's a good thing.

I think to cite Diana in this is a bit pointless because she wouldn't have become Queen anyway. I think that Camilla will and I think she'll do a good job. She knows what to do. She's content to remain a step behind and support rather than be the focus of attention. I would be honoured to have her as my Queen. I hope this thread doesn't get hijacked by a Diana/Charles/Camilla argument which it probably will.

I have a question to bring into this. PRESUMING she does style herself Queen, will she be Queen Camilla or choose another name? Queen Mary's real name was May but she was always known as Queen Mary. Would Camilla keep her name or choose something else? And if so what should she be named?

Well, she could really only be Camilla or Rosemary I think. Queen Camilla or Queen Rosemary? I think she should stick with Queen Camilla.

BeatrixFan said:
Well, she could really only be Camilla or Rosemary I think. Queen Camilla or Queen Rosemary? I think she should stick with Queen Camilla.

Yes but she could take the Mary from Rosemary and style herself Queen Mary?

I suppose she could. That'd be quite good if she doesn't want to use Queen Camilla. King Charles and Queen Mary. Has a ring to it.

Of course shell be queen...unless charles decided to abdicate which he probably wont or unless she or charles dies befor the queen(Considering the age the queen mum lived to it is possible. The queen hasnt started showing any signs of weakness yet)

I was thinking about this last night. In 5 years time, the Queen will be 85. In 10 years time, she'll be 90. Can she still be an active reigning monarch at 90? I really don't think so. The Queen Mother lived till 101 mainly because she never had much to do except wave from golf buggies and wear pretty hats. The Queen's job is a bit more stressful and she does seem to be slowing down a bit but not much - I think we'll see an Edward VII situation but I think that Charles will be King and Camilla , his Queen.

BeatrixFan said:
I was thinking about this last night. In 5 years time, the Queen will be 85. In 10 years time, she'll be 90. Can she still be an active reigning monarch at 90? I really don't think so. The Queen Mother lived till 101 mainly because she never had much to do except wave from golf buggies and wear pretty hats. The Queen's job is a bit more stressful and she does seem to be slowing down a bit but not much - I think we'll see an Edward VII situation but I think that Charles will be King and Camilla , his Queen.
Maybe the Queen will step down but i dont think she will until she dies...she seems really stong and fit..like i said before she hasnt statred showing signs of weakness

Yes she will be Queen. People have already warmed to her, now that they are seeing the real Camilla, so I don't see any problems at all, when their time comes!
They will make wonderful monarchs IMO.:)

Yes, of course. She is legally married to the Prince of Wales. When he ascends to the throne, through the eyes of British law, she will be Queen. That is the law. Kudos to her!! :)

Of cause. She is also the princess of Wales even though she have chosen the other title Duchess of Cornwall.
She is doing great i think. she is a lovely lady for her age

Amy said:
Queen Mary's real name was May but she was always known as Queen Mary

Queen Mary was named Victoria Mary Augusta Louise Olga Pauline Claudine Agnes. Her family nickname was May.

Queen Camilla isnt very english and royal but it suits her. She is a free spirited, fun, warm royal and the name Camilla matches that personality. Though Queen Mary or Queen Rosemary sounds more english and regal they dont suit her even though I like the names. I would love for Charles to chose the name George. I think George is very regal. King George VII and Queen Camilla.

Skydragon said:
Yes she will be Queen. People have already warmed to her, now that they are seeing the real Camilla, so I don't see any problems at all, when their time comes!
They will make wonderful monarchs IMO.:)

Only Charles will be the Monarch & Camilla his Consort.

"MII" :)

I really hope she doesn't become a queen.I mean stealing someone's man is one thing, but bluntly trying to take someone's place is another. If she has any class or some sort of a consious, she should politly deny the request of ever becoming a queen.:)

What? She's married to the future King. She didn't steal anyone. What is she supposed to do? Lock herself in the Tower crying over a portrait of Diana. Let's have some reality here.

I really hope she doesn't become a queen.I mean stealing someone's man is one thing, but bluntly trying to take someone's place is another. If she has any class or some sort of a consious, she should politly deny the request of ever becoming a queen.:)

Ill be one of the first to take this on. First, she didnt steal another persons man. The marriage fell apart and Charles went to Camilla for comfort and they fell deeply in love. She is not trying to take anyones place. She married the heir to the throne. It is her job to be a Princess of the realm and future Queen Consort. She has not taken over a motherly position either. Camilla and her stepsons have a warm friendly relationship. She has plenty of class and there is no need for politics to get involved in the monarchy to punish someone for their past mistakes. Forgive, Forget and move on.

And you live in the USA going by your profile. She won't be your Queen so what are you worrying about?

Lets not get nasty. Lets keep this serious and intresting. It may not affect her but her opinion wont change british law either. So, we are all allowed our opinion as long as they are explained and open minded.

for the law, yes she will be the next CONSORT queen, but like a said in another thread, in this moment the only person that know if camilla will be queen is the queen elizabeth and blair, many people want see camilla queen and another people not but only the queen have the answer.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Ill be one of the first to take this on. First, she didnt steal another persons man. The marriage fell apart and Charles went to Camilla for comfort and they fell deeply in love. She is not trying to take anyones place. She married the heir to the throne. It is her job to be a Princess of the realm and future Queen Consort. She has not taken over a motherly position either. Camilla and her stepsons have a warm friendly relationship. She has plenty of class and there is no need for politics to get involved in the monarchy to punish someone for their past mistakes. Forgive, Forget and move on.

Some comfort! If all the worlds men went to OTHER women for "comfort" I think we would have a problem. Fine, marry the "heir to the throne", but aren't there some ethics that go farther than that? She should step down for the morality of it.:)

for the law, yes she will be the next CONSORT queen, but like a said in another thread, in this moment the only person that know if camilla will be queen is the queen elizabeth and blair, many people want see camilla queen and another people not but only the queen have the answer.

LOL. You have really convinced yourself that that is the truth. The truth is right in front of you. You cant keep running from it and making a dream world for the future. First, Blair has nothing to do with whether she will be Queen Consort. No Prime Minister has anything to do with it. She WILL be Queen Consort. Simple as that. That is the law and the church must follow the law and crown her. Also, Queen EII has nothing to do with it. And even if she did the Queen has warmed to Camilla and i think she is helping Camilla with the her future job of Queen Consort. The Queen is trying her hardest to make Camilla an importent senior royal. They will be King and Queen Consort if they are both alive when the queen dies. Nothing else too it. They will be and no one else has a say.

Some comfort! If all the worlds men went to OTHER women for "comfort" I think we would have a problem. Fine, marry the "heir to the throne", but aren't there some ethics that go farther than that? She should step down for the morality of it.:)

Charles wasnt the only one to go to someone else for comfort. Diana did too. They both went there seperate ways and found love somewhere else. That was more than ten years ago. The ethics and morals have nothing to do with it. They are human and many people have divorced and found others. Why should someone step down because of "morality" when they have shown themselves to be excellent royals. Why is it that one event in one chapter of their lives will damn them forever and ruin there lives. We have all messed up but have moved on and grown up and learned from our mistakes. So have they.

Do you know Johnny, you're wasting your breath. Really. When will you people learn that tradition doesn't change because you liked some leggy blonde bit. Camilla is married to OUR future King and she will be OUR future Queen and that is that. You can bring morality into it as much as you like but when all is said and done, she will be Queen and that is that. Finished and over. It seems that the people intent on Camilla not being Queen don't even live in the UK or in one of our realms so with all due respect, what on earth has it got to do with you if she becomes OUR Queen or not?

Princejonnhy25 said:
LOL. You have really convinced yourself that that is the truth. The truth is right in front of you. You cant keep running from it and making a dream world for the future. First, Blair has nothing to do with whether she will be Queen Consort. No Prime Minister has anything to do with it. She WILL be Queen Consort. Simple as that. That is the law and the church must follow the law and crown her. Also, Queen EII has nothing to do with it. And even if she did the Queen has warmed to Camilla and i think she is helping Camilla with the her future job of Queen Consort. The Queen is trying her hardest to make Camilla an importent senior royal. They will be King and Queen Consort if they are both alive when the queen dies. Nothing else too it. They will be and no one else has a say.

i not sure about nothing, read my post, FOR THE LAW YES; SHE WILL BE QUEEN, but we no have the answer, the only person that know what do is the queen. if the queen was the charles's abdication (I not saying if this is true) the parliamnent may be say she is right, may be not and the queen wath that camilla and charles was king and queen in the furure, WE DONT KNOW, no-one of us talk with elizabeth for know WHAT she want.
And I said again, for the law yes, she will be queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom