The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Madison, United States
Posts: 48
I would like them to visit the U.S. -- more specifically, the Midwest (where I live!).
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Pier Gerlofs Donia's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kimswerd, Netherlands
Posts: 34
I hope they'll visit the Netherlands!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Monterey, United States
Posts: 2,324
Shouthern USA were I Live!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Thomasine's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 70
They are most welcome to Norway! I would love to see them here.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-19-2008, 03:11 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
As a selfish French resident, I'd like them to visit France .
You are quite lucky, you have already had your wish granted!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,973
I suspect we might see them visit the Euopean monrchies a bit more now. I think Charles' 60th bitthday was probably Camilla's first event with a large quotient of European royalty, no doubt pulled off with aplomb.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-19-2008, 04:00 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: na, Australia
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be interesting to hear which countries you think Charles and Camilla shoud visit over the next few years. I personally think the focus should be on Africa and the commonwealth countries for a number of reasons. Firstly, their visits would bring further attention to the region, help channel investment, highlight charitable causes and also, help secure Charles' place as successor to the Queen as the head of the Commonwealth. Some of the work that William and Harry are doing in the region can also complement Charles and Camilla.
I could not agree more. At the moment there is a question of whether or not Australia should become a republic or not, I personally would be devastated if it did as I am a monarchist so I think it maybe in the best interest of the commonwealth for the British royal family to pay a little more attention to the remaining commonwealth countries.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Geelong, Australia
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek101 View Post
I could not agree more. At the moment there is a question of whether or not Australia should become a republic or not, I personally would be devastated if it did as I am a monarchist so I think it maybe in the best interest of the commonwealth for the British royal family to pay a little more attention to the remaining commonwealth countries.
Unfortunately, it isn't just a matter of them paying more attention to commonwealth nations.Before they can undertake a tour, they need an invitation from the host country. With the P.M. and leader of the opposition being avowed republicans I can't see one being issued.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-20-2008, 08:04 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlil View Post
Unfortunately, it isn't just a matter of them paying more attention to commonwealth nations.Before they can undertake a tour, they need an invitation from the host country. With the P.M. and leader of the opposition being avowed republicans I can't see one being issued.
Theoretically thats right. In practice, its not difficult for the PoW to get invited to wherever he wants to go. He then has to play his cards carefully and seek government support for the trip.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 AM
jcbcode99's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond Area, United States
Posts: 1,980
Well, as I live in Virginia and was here when HM The Queen came last year I would love to see Charles and Camilla come to my great state as well! I'm sure that President Elect will issue a gracious invitation as did President Bush and hopefully we will see them entertained at least in Washington with full ceremony (that means tiaras and orders!!)
I do agree that Charles and Camilla should visit Australia, and Africa certainly. Brazil could be interesting, and Spain, of course. It's a beautiful country and I can't think offhand of a time Charles has been, although I'm sure he has.
__________________
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Merseyside, United Kingdom
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Well, as I live in Virginia and was here when HM The Queen came last year I would love to see Charles and Camilla come to my great state as well! I'm sure that President Elect will issue a gracious invitation as did President Bush and hopefully we will see them entertained at least in Washington with full ceremony (that means tiaras and orders!!)
I do agree that Charles and Camilla should visit Australia, and Africa certainly. Brazil could be interesting, and Spain, of course. It's a beautiful country and I can't think offhand of a time Charles has been, although I'm sure he has.
Charles has been a couple of times to Spain but only briefly in the 1990s & a few years ago for Felipe & Letizia's wedding. The last time he made a major tour to Spain was way back in 1987 when he greatly enjoyed his visit & he particularly impressed those he met with his charm and kindness - I was told this by someone then at the British ambassadorial residence.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,973
I do thin a degree of engagement with South America would be interesting as well, perhaps linked in with a stop over in the Carribbean, in a few years from now. I can't remember the last time a senior member of the royal family travelled there.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,403
^Didn't Charles and Camilla visit some Caribbean places in 2007?
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 9,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^Didn't Charles and Camilla visit some Caribbean places in 2007?
Yes and he was criticised for the expense involved as per usual.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,541
I would love for them to do a tour of Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania with Princes William and Harry.
And possible to coincide a tour of Tasmania with the Danish Crown Couple.
x
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,973
Jordan would be an interesting one, perhaps tied in with an tour of some Commomwealth states in the region.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 9,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I would love for them to do a tour of Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania with Princes William and Harry.
And possible to coincide a tour of Tasmania with the Danish Crown Couple.
x
I have many Tasmanian friends who, I am sure would like me to point out to you, that Tasmania is part of Australia. It is just a smaller island but very definitely part of the Commonwealth of Australia.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-04-2009, 03:07 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I have many Tasmanian friends who, I am sure would like me to point out to you, that Tasmania is part of Australia. It is just a smaller island but very definitely part of the Commonwealth of Australia.
I think the point of the separate mentioning of Tasmania in connection with the Danish Royals is the fact that HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark is born a Tasmanian - though the child of Scots (back then her parents still had a British passport).
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 9,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I think the point of the separate mentioning of Tasmania in connection with the Danish Royals is the fact that HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark is born a Tasmanian - though the child of Scots (back then her parents still had a British passport).

The first sentence refers to "Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania" in that order. That is clearly suggesting to me that the poster sees Tasmania as separate to Australia.

Had they said 'Australia and New Zealand' and then mentioned the wished for visit of the Crown Prince of Denmark to Tasmania at the same time as Charles and Camilla it would suggest that they are aware that Tasmania is part of Australia but by separating them in the first sentence it doesn't.

As for Charles and Camilla being here at the same time as Mary and Frederick - I don't think so. They would get no coverage as all the coverage would be on the 'Aussie' Crown Princess of Denmark, as happened when she and Frederick came here early in 2005 when Charles was also here in the weeks before his wedding to Camilla. I had to look very hard to find any coverage of Charles visit that year but Mary and Frederick were front page news everywhere.

The facts are the most Aussies simply don't care any more about Charles. He is just there but doesn't excite anyone anymore. I doubt if a visit by him and Charles would even rate much of a mention. Sure there would be some coverage but nothing like Mary and Frederick got in 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

As for Charles and Camilla being here at the same time as Mary and Frederick - I don't think so. They would get no coverage as all the coverage would be on the 'Aussie' Crown Princess of Denmark, as happened when she and Frederick came here early in 2005 when Charles was also here in the weeks before his wedding to Camilla. I had to look very hard to find any coverage of Charles visit that year but Mary and Frederick were front page news everywhere.

The facts are the most Aussies simply don't care any more about Charles. He is just there but doesn't excite anyone anymore. I doubt if a visit by him and Charles would even rate much of a mention. Sure there would be some coverage but nothing like Mary and Frederick got in 2005.
If the BRF still think they can save the Crown of Australia, they will send not Charles and Camilla but wait till there is a new Royal couple: William and wife. IMHO, of course.
__________________

__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camilla, charles, international travel, overseas trips


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Movie - Which Royal life would you like to see filmed? Her_Majesty Royal Chit Chat 167 03-22-2015 09:43 PM
Which countries would you like to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit? Lenora The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 56 05-21-2014 04:47 AM
Duchess of Cornwall: Other BRF jewels we would like to see Camilla use muriel Royal Jewels General Discussion 5 05-13-2014 08:42 AM
Which countries would you like to see Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel visit Lenora Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 18 04-26-2011 03:00 PM
How should Prince William spend the next few years? karla64 Prince Harry and Prince William 193 08-20-2008 04:21 AM




Popular Tags
belgium best outfit birth camilla chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess catharina-amalia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall fashion fashion poll france funeral hereditary grand duchess stéphanie infanta leonor king abdullah of jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima official visit photo session picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince daniel prince frederik prince harry prince of wales princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mette-marit princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sayn sofia hellqvist spanish royals state visit sweden the hague united states of america wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]