The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

A very successful Scandinavian tour by Charles and Camilla. I think people are really warming to Camilla especially. On TV here this morning a few commentators were remarking on the pictures of Camilla in Denmark, which made the front pages of a few newspapers, and they remarked that the more people see of Camilla the more they like her.

Do you think there might be visits to the Benelux monarchies also? They visited Spain and Morocco last year. Or maybe the Benelux royals might come the other way? Either way Charles and Camilla are going to be exceptionally busy with the visits already announced.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Do you think there might be visits to the Benelux monarchies also? They visited Spain and Morocco last year. Or maybe the Benelux royals might come the other way? Either way Charles and Camilla are going to be exceptionally busy with the visits already announced.
Would love too see Charles and Camilla in Benelux, especially the Netherlands. The two Queens (Elizabeth and Beatrix) appear to have very warm relationships, so it would be quite interesting to see how things are between Charles, Camilla, Wilem-Alexander and Maxima.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

In terms of state visits: QEII can make a state visit to all of the Benelux, since all countries have different monarchs than during her earlier state visits (to Baudouin, Jean and Juliana). Queen Beatrix already paid a state visit to QEII in the 80-ties but Albert II and Henri still can pay one.

A Charles & Camilla visit to the Benelux would be nice but hardly on their list of priorities in this jubilee year I would think.

I don't think Máxima and WA have met Charles & Camilla that often. Only at short wedding reception/lunch in London last year (not sure if C&C attended, the bridal couple did not). And they went to Charles' birthday party a few years ago.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
In terms of state visits: QEII can make a state visit to all of the Benelux, since all countries have different monarchs than during her earlier state visits (to Baudouin, Jean and Juliana). Queen Beatrix already paid a state visit to QEII in the 80-ties but Albert II and Henri still can pay one.

A Charles & Camilla visit to the Benelux would be nice but hardly on their list of priorities in this jubilee year I would think.

I don't think Máxima and WA have met Charles & Camilla that often. Only at short wedding reception/lunch in London last year (not sure if C&C attended, the bridal couple did not). And they went to Charles' birthday party a few years ago.
I didn't think visits to Scandinavia would be on their list of priorities, in fact I scoffed at the idea of it given they're not Commonwealth countries, but I was wrong.

I think these visits are partly aimed at officially and publicly introducing Camilla to those who will be her contemporaries when Charles accedes the throne. So it might happen later in the year.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

If monarchs and future monarchs meet each other more frequently, I think it helps to strengthen the notion of monarchy around the world. Makes sense that Charles and Camilla would travel to places to meet the people who will be their peers one day.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it would be nice to see Charles and Camilla make a working visit to the Benelux countries in the next year or so. Also perhaps, another trip to some of the Commonwealth countries in Africa should be on the agenda in the next few years.

Tags
camilla, charles, international travel, overseas trips