Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - January 27-28, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal couple to make US trip
Prince Charles and wife Camilla to visit US

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, will visit the United States later this month.
The couple will spend two days in Philadelphia and New York on January 27 and 28.
Charles will receive the Harvard Club's global environmental citizen award in New York from last year's winner, former US vice-president Al Gore.

this is second visit for couple

Wow, thats a surprise. It´s a short visit but, I´m looking very forward to it. After the last visit they said they want to come back. But I didn´t believe they would do it so fast.:flowers:

According to the official website of the Prince of Wales, The main themes of the visit are youth development, urban regeneration and environmental conservation.

It is interesting though that no events are listed in the Diary section between January 5th (when Camilla will open the Health Sciences Building at the University of Aberdeen Medical School) and January 27 (visit to the USA).

I think they are on vacation at Birkhall. Camillas event will be a "time out".

Yes, they are at Birkhall at the moment. It is possible other events will come before the visit to the US, don't forget a lot of them are only announced a week in advance. :flowers:

:ohmy: Twice to the US?!?! When are they going to come here? *pout*

ETA Maybe I need to write her a letter and tell her we'd love to see her :D

Last edited:
The couple loves to visit each coast of the USA. They need to visit the heartland of the good ole USA!!
Like Texas.!

Roslyn said:
:ohmy: Twice to the US?!?! When are they going to come here? *pout*

ETA Maybe I need to write her a letter and tell her we'd love to see her :D

An Australian visit would require a great deal of PR work before hand, more so than for a trip to the US. My guess is we won't be seeing Camilla in Australia for some time yet.

Last edited:
Madame Royale said:
An Australian visit would require a great deal of PR work before hand, more so than for a trip to the US. My guess is we won't be seeing Camilla in Australia for some time yet.

If they want to come over here, I think it will be easier for them to organise if they do so before the next federal election. :)

Roslyn said:
If they want to come over here, I think it will be easier for them to organise if they do so before the next federal election. :)

If there were plans for a visit in the immediate future, I think you're right Roslyn :)

Depending on an election outcome, I see Camilla's first trip to Australia (since becoming a member of the royal family) when she is Princess Consort. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I think it is a right decision for the Prince and the Duchess to go abroad at the time of the memorial concert. I never thought that they would be at the concert, Charles backs the wish of his sons to have this pop concert, but he and Camilla can not stay in front of the journalists and emotional Diana fans this day.
But i´m sure the couple will attend the memorial service.That is another kind of event and they are invited.

I think they will visit again the US because the Prince will receive this very important prize in New York, and he will continue his talks with Al Gore.
The questions about environmental things are more than ever near to his heart.
But i think the couple will go abroad to other and longer visits in spring and autumn like the year before.
Germany could be a good place for a visit...:lol:

Skydragon said:
Yes, they are at Birkhall at the moment. It is possible other events will come before the visit to the US, don't forget a lot of them are only announced a week in advance. :flowers:

You´re right Skydragon!:flowers: I just read on the Pow website about a new engagement on Thursday 18th :

The Duchess will present certificates to children during a visit to the Hayfield Riding Centre, Aberdeen.

I think there will follow more duties. Maybe with her husband...or is he only a holidaymaker in Scotland...:lol:

milla Ca said:
I think there will follow more duties. Maybe with her husband...or is he only a holidaymaker in Scotland...:lol:

I should think the phone lines are very busy, as is his pen. There is also the garden to discuss, tend and make arrangements for (and all the forums to read):ROFLMAO:

Preparing a weekend to dazzle a prince

Prince Charles' planned visit next weekend, the first by a Prince of Wales since his great-great-grandfather ate scrapple here 147 years ago, has been in the works for ages.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/pennsylvania/counties/philadelphia_county/philadelphia/16507568.htm?source=rss&channel=inquirer_philadelphia

Royal Couple to Visit Philly Murals

Philadelphia's Mural Arts Program has gotten a lot of international attention, especially now that Prince Charles and his wife Camilla are coming to town this weekend.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=4968036

Last edited by a moderator:
Philadelphia readies for visit from Prince Charles and Camilla

21 News Now, More Local News for Youngstown, Ohio - Philadelphia readies for visit from Prince Charles and Camilla
Prince Charles and his wife are making a whirlwind trip to Philadelphia this weekend.

Delaware Co. Floral Artist Gets Royal Assignment

kyw.com - Delaware Co. Floral Artist Gets Royal Assignment
Philadelphia is anticipating a royal visit this weekend. Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will be guests of honor at the academy ball.

Here is the schedule of the royal visit to Philadelphia:

The first official chance to catch a glimpse of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will be about 11:15 a.m. Saturday when they alight from their motorcade in the 500 block of Walnut Street.

From there they will walk to Independence Hall to be welcomed by Gov. Rendell, Mayor Street, and National Park Service officials.

The rest of the tour looks like this:

Saturday
The Liberty Bell: Visit with students.

National Constitution Center: Reception with community leaders and members of the local British community.

Mural "Reading: A Journey," 40th and Pennsgrove Streets: Ceremony.
Heavenly Hall Full Gospel Church, 4012 Poplar St.: Meeting with Mural Arts Program artists, students and organizers.

International House, 3701 Chestnut St.: Discussion on urban regeneration, visit to student living quarters, reception.

Academy of Music, 240 S. Broad St.: 150th anniversary Academy Ball and Concert.

Sunday
Arch Street Presbyterian Church, 1724 Arch St.: Worship service.

30th Street Station: Departure for New York via private train.

In New York, Prince Charles will receive the Global Environmental Citizen Award from the Harvard Medical School's Center for Health and the Global Environment.

Thank you for the information! :flowers:

Looks like they are going to be very busy.

I hope the Royals have a nice trip to our city. :flowers: :king: It mentions the Mummers in the Inquirer article. I sure hope they get to hear one of the String Bands play. They are loads of fun. :D They are going to see some of the beautiful historic areas of our city. The mural area in West Philly can be dodgy but some neighborhoods are still kept quite nice. They have been talking about it on the local news a lot. I am sure it will get loads of coverage this weekend as we don't get many royal visits to our fair city.:sad: I hope they can get a Cheesesteak while they are here. I have never found a good Cheesesteak anywhere outside the immediate Philly area. :chef:

Thank you Dennism for posting the schedule for the US visit of the Royal Couple!:flowers:
I´m looking so much forward to see the pics from their trip!

Streep not available for Screen Actors awards

New York, Jan 26 Actor Meryl Streep will not be attending the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards Sunday because she has a date with Prince Charles and former US vice president Al Gore.
Streep not available for Screen Actors awards

British public now fond of affection they share

LONDON - That charmingly buoyant Brit you might glimpse glad-handing his way through Philadelphia this weekend wasn't always that way.
Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/26/2007 | British public now fond of affection they share

Unfortunately, Prince Charles & Camilla are coming in to Philly on our coldest day since 2005. Today's high will be 23 degrees Fahrenheit with wind gusts of 20 to 30 miles an hour. Wind chills are around 0. Last night the city called a 'code blue'. This means police and homeless advocates go out and round up all homeless people and take them to shelters or the new code blue cafes wheather they want to go or not. They are made to stay there till the doors open at 6AM. Hopefully this will save some lives.

After today. the temps are due to go back to the 30 to 40 degree range.

Excellent articles, Skydragon.Thanks a lot!
I am looking forward to their US visit and just hope that they will have time for down under some time or visit China.

Skydragon said:
Royals Arrive in Philadelphia

Prince Charles and wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, arrived in Philadelphia on a commercial flight from London Friday afternoon

6abc.com: Royals Arrive in Philadelphia

Thank you for the information, and also for the other good reports you posted today Skydragon!:flowers:
The Royal Couple arrived much earlier in Philadelphia as i thought.
I hope we can see the first pics from the US trip soon !

Indeed. I hope the Duchess is going to treat us to a few glittering outfits on this trip.

Hopefully we'll get some nice pics of the ball -- just have to wait and see. And I'm not very good at waiting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom