Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2007, 02:31 PM

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6...lacrownwy1.jpg

Originally posted at the GREMB.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
Those were rubies? The pictures were so dark that they looked like sapphires. Interesting if we could see it converted to a tiara? Photoshop anyone?
Here you go:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post564739

Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Thanks for that. I'm not sure it really works as either a necklace or tiara. It just seems like too much.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Personally I think it works as either and is just stunning in every way!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Like a little Scotch with that, YRH?

People are always fascinated by the outlandish requests that VIPs submit in connection with appearances.

Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/30/2007 | Inqlings | Like a little Scotch with that, YRH?

The Prince of Wales is presented with the 10th Global Environmental Citizen Award in New York.

The Prince of Wales - News
Old 01-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

nice article about Prince Charles's basketball-playing ability.

Jolly well throne, Charles

Prince Charles tries his hand at basketball — and scores with his second shot. Christopher Velazquez, 13, patted Charles on the back after his success at Harlem Children’s Zone, New York.
He said: “I was pretty impressed. I’d pick him for my team."
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Let's not do an overall generalization

In Los Angeles and maybe in New York people might go for over the top...but that is not truly representative of all States Philadelphia, PA is truly great mix of all Americana. You have weatlhy people, people in the middle and people struggling to get thru the day and it has a great history to boot!

Nonetheless it was a beautiful necklace.
Sorry, but I'm in New York and that necklace was too much. I personally would have enjoyed it more at 1/2 scale
Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
nice article about Prince Charles's basketball-playing ability.

Jolly well throne, Charles

Prince Charles tries his hand at basketball — and scores with his second shot. Christopher Velazquez, 13, patted Charles on the back after his success at Harlem Children’s Zone, New York.
He said: “I was pretty impressed. I’d pick him for my team."
Nice picture. Good for him. Next the NBA draft!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

The Prince of Wales is presented with the 10th Global Environmental Citizen Award in New York.

The Prince of Wales - News
When you open the PoW website you also can see two nice photo galleries about both days of the visit. There are some new pics, i think.
The one where Camilla said Hello to the little child behind the barrier is very cute.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Sorry, but I'm in New York and that necklace was too much. I personally would have enjoyed it more at 1/2 scale
I think Zonk was referring to New York City not Katonah in upper Westchester where you live, scooter.

I live in the city and yes, the social crowd here can wear a lot of bling. There is a wonderfully diverse and culturally rich artistic and social community in upper Westchester county which is about a couple of hours north of the city but I think the social scene a little more conservative than the metropolitan area.

Still I love to visit upper Westchester on the weekends to get away from the noise of the city.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Yes, scooter...I was definitely thinking of NYC! But your reply, just further illustrates....an unfair generalization of the states...and on my behalf...on all of NY (shame on me...a girl born in Queens!). Upstate NY definitely sees things different than NYC. As I am sure does the State of California vs Los Angeles. But Jo did explain the meaning of her remakr...so all is good.

The gems were beautiful...still to much IMO. But whats the big noise about some MP wanting her to pay taxes on it. Does it belong to Camilla or the Royal Family?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
But whats the big noise about some MP wanting her to pay taxes on it. Does it belong to Camilla or the Royal Family?
Camilla has the use of it for official functions for the rest of her life. When she dies, it goes into the royal collection.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cornell alum's 'Theatre in the Zone' connects Harlem kids with Shakespeare, Charles and Camilla

Think of children in Harlem, and Shakespeare probably doesn't come to mind.
But for Giovanni Pucci '93, the connection became obvious when he introduced "Romeo and Juliet" into an after-school reading program.

Theatre in the Zone
Old 02-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Wow wow Duchess Camilla is elegant dress and beautiful. It is perceft for duchess Camillas dress and couple happy see on Duchess Camilla visit to America.!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Thank you for all the infomation Dennism!
You're welcome. I'm glad that everybody enjoyed the articles and photos from this historic visit to Philadelphia. It was certainly interesting to see and hear them on the local news and in other media.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Majesty magazine -March 2007 about couple going visit Philly,USA but i cant post this cover if you would like to post cover?
Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, new york, philadelphia, prince charles, prince of wales, united states